Tracks Mosport (CTMP) LIDAR

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it looks the way it does because of the great help I've been receiving from key members of the community. And their willingness to share assets :D

Almost forgot one very important object:

shot82.jpg

Thanks guys, it looks the way it does because of the great help I've been receiving from key members of the community. And their willingness to share assets :D

Almost forgot one very important object:

View attachment 280491

Awesome!

As a side note, I haven't gotten much sleep the last few nights so my brain is a little foggy, but I don't think there are any trees on the other side of the road there. And that road was once paved, now mostly gravel on account of the road breaking apart. I'll trawl through a few of my pics to verify if I have any of that spot from the last few years :)

Great, thanks!

These trees are showing along the bottom, next to the road that goes west, on my reference material... maybe a bit too large, will check my height data again...

Weird, I know I've stood there and grabbed a few shots of that area at some point in the last couple years, but I can't seem to find any pics from there. In the Drive folder with the stills from the Weathertech broadcast it looks like there is indeed a couple trees in that spot, though, but from the helicam it's all too small and blurry to really see how many or how tall.

Looks outstanding… Nice progress since last few screen shots.

I rarely fire up AC but I’ll be spending many hours on this track for sure.

Can’t wait for this Christmas gift.

The only thing missing is me sitting down at moss corner with a beer in my hand.

Nice work on the video Chris. John, I have been following this thread since day one and look forward to getting my hands on the Beta. As an aside, I was at CTMP last month doing a photo shoot in a Porsche GT3. We had the track to ourselves and it was a very nice change from my usual experience of driving the course at top speeds, as I was able to take in all the little nuances that makes this one of the greatest motorsport venues of all time.

Nice work on the video Chris. John, I have been following this thread since day one and look forward to getting my hands on the Beta. As an aside, I was at CTMP last month doing a photo shoot in a Porsche GT3. We had the track to ourselves and it was a very nice change from my usual experience of driving the course at top speeds, as I was able to take in all the little nuances that makes this one of the greatest motorsport venues of all time.

Jealous.

What stuff have you raced at Mosport? If you've been in any of the series on any of the big weekends in the last 19 years, chances are I've watched you from turn 2 or 5 a number of times :D

Awesome!

As a side note, I haven't gotten much sleep the last few nights so my brain is a little foggy, but I don't think there are any trees on the other side of the road there. And that road was once paved, now mostly gravel on account of the road breaking apart. I'll trawl through a few of my pics to verify if I have any of that spot from the last few years :)

Great, thanks!

These trees are showing along the bottom, next to the road that goes west, on my reference material... maybe a bit too large, will check my height data again...

Here are the pics I have from this past summer. From the track walk views you can see the trees in the longer shot (by the flags), and the shadows of the trees in the closer shot. In the view of my campsite, you can see the actual tress, just not the sign (obscured by my trailer).

EDIT: @Johnr777 I have track walk photos of a full lap from this past July if you want them for additional reference.

Attachments

• 20180705_133310_HDR.jpg
    20180705_133310_HDR.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 20180706_195546_HDR.jpg
    20180706_195546_HDR.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20180706_195658_HDR.jpg
    20180706_195658_HDR.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 186

Latest News

How long have you been simracing