Modular Mods 2022 - F1 Team FOMSwap Package

Misc Modular Mods 2022 - F1 Team FOMSwap Package 1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maian submitted a new resource:

Modular Mods 2022 - F1 Team FOMSwap Package - Use multiplayer cars in place of the real team cars. Allows more livery customization

This mod should not be used without the installation of custom liveries. 8 out of 10 car models will just be orange if you do not install custom liveries into the files. I have included re-created Ferrari and McLaren liveries in this upload currently.

Use the discussion tab to report issues and ask questions. I will not answer questions in the reviews.

Description:

This template set replaces the real team cars with the...

Read more about this resource...

Hallo, ich habe deine Anleitung befolgt, aber leider funktioniert es nicht. Müssen Sie etwas an den Carmisc-Dateien ändern? Mit Google übersetzt.
You need v1.05 of the Base Files as linked in the description. Then make sure you use the matching files for the model you want (carmisc_ferrari.erp and fomswap_ferrari.erp for changing the Ferrari, for example).

Sie benötigen v1.05 der Base Files wie in der Beschreibung verlinkt. Stellen Sie dann sicher, dass Sie die passenden Dateien für das gewünschte Modell verwenden (z. B. carmisc_ferrari.erp und fomswap_ferrari.erp zum Ändern des Ferrari).
Danke für deine Antwort. Ich habe vergessen, Base Files 1.05 zu entpacken. Allerdings habe ich jetzt das Problem, dass die Lackierung schwarze Schatten hat. Hast du dafür vielleicht auch eine Lösung? Mit Google übersetzt.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    449.2 KB · Views: 140
hey , thanks for creating this. ive installed it and the cars I wanted changing now have an orange livery as you stated above . i was wondering how do I install the my team livery onto this team now? does it have to be manual files? as most mod creators use modular for their mods

hey , thanks for creating this. ive installed it and the cars I wanted changing now have an orange livery as you stated above . i was wondering how do I install the my team livery onto this team now? does it have to be manual files? as most mod creators use modular for their mods
You replace the paint files within the fomswap_(team).erp file. So if you're using the fomswap for the Alfa Romeo, you open up the fomswap_alfa_romeo.erp file, and import textures in the place of alf_car_paint_c.tif, alf_car_paint_d.tif, and alf_car_paint_s.tif. They don't overwrite any existing liveries in game, they are unique textures made for this.

You replace the paint files within the fomswap_(team).erp file. So if you're using the fomswap for the Alfa Romeo, you open up the fomswap_alfa_romeo.erp file, and import textures in the place of alf_car_paint_c.tif, alf_car_paint_d.tif, and alf_car_paint_s.tif. They don't overwrite any existing liveries in game, they are unique textures made for this.
what if the skin mod was designed for modular mods and doesn't have the .tif files

what if the skin mod was designed for modular mods and doesn't have the .tif files
You export the textures out of the mod you downloaded using v9.0+ of the Ego ERP Archiver, then import into one of these files.

They will be .DDS files, but Codemasters made them from .tif files in their workflow, so they are shown as tifs in the program.

Last edited:
Would it also be possible to exchange an original F1 car from another team instead of the FOM car? As an an example. Instead of giving Mercedes the FOM Car. Mercedes gets the RedBull Car.
I hope I was able to explain it clearly. Thanks in advance.

They go into the driver numbers ERP file. It's the same as the one included in the normal MyTeam package. It was done this way to minimize the VRAM cost. Running a full fom swap grid with unique model and number sets was really heavy on VRAM usage. I was getting stuttering on an RTX 2070 Super.

They go into the driver numbers ERP file. It's the same as the one included in the normal MyTeam package. It was done this way to minimize the VRAM cost. Running a full fom swap grid with unique model and number sets was really heavy on VRAM usage. I was getting stuttering on an RTX 2070 Super.
Thank you for your quick response.

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is an issue on my side but I'm missing the carbon on the FOM swap for the Alfa Romeo team so I'm wondering if I could get help to fix this please? All files are in the correct location

Attachments

• Screenshot (119) b.png
    Screenshot (119) b.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 125
Hi, so I'm not sure if this is an issue on my side but I'm missing the carbon on the FOM swap for the Alfa Romeo team so I'm wondering if I could get help to fix this please? All files are in the correct location
Not your fault.

The latest game update added an extra material slot for the floor so that it could be painted like the Audi livery. Because of that, the material isn't referenced in the files I used (because it didn't previously exist).

I'll have to update the files to include that material to fix it. I'll try to get this updated tonight. I'll have it done by the weekend otherwise.

A
Not your fault.

The latest game update added an extra material slot for the floor so that it could be painted like the Audi livery. Because of that, the material isn't referenced in the files I used (because it didn't previously exist).

I'll have to update the files to include that material to fix it. I'll try to get this updated tonight. I'll have it done by the weekend otherwise.
Ahh I did wonder if that would be the case, thank you for updating the files

Good afternoon
I have followed all your instructions (moving both fomswop and carmisc files into active) but the game keeps crashing and when importing the .xml file, I get the error message that the import could not be completed? Am I missing a step somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

Good afternoon
I have followed all your instructions (moving both fomswop and carmisc files into active) but the game keeps crashing and when importing the .xml file, I get the error message that the import could not be completed? Am I missing a step somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance.
Where does the game crash, exactly? At launch before the main menus, or once you try to load a track (for a race, time trial, qualifying, etc.)?

For the XML file, it needs to be added to the animation_incardriver_f1_2022.erp file that is included with the base files. Make sure you are importing the XML file in the XML Files tab of the Ego ERP Archiver, and not under the Resources tab:

1670528577535.png

1670528581641.png

Thanks for your rapid response. The game crashes when I go into either the virtual showroom to check the import has worked or when I load GP or Time Trial.

The way you describe the xml upload is exactly what I have done once I've modified the lines for the car to be changed. Will check again in case I have mistyped something or missed an entry.

Thank you!

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages