Modular Mods 2022 - F1 Team FOMSwap Package

Misc Modular Mods 2022 - F1 Team FOMSwap Package 1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for your rapid response. The game crashes when I go into either the virtual showroom to check the import has worked or when I load GP or Time Trial.

The way you describe the xml upload is exactly what I have done once I've modified the lines for the car to be changed. Will check again in case I have mistyped something or missed an entry.

Thank you!
If it's giving an error when you try to import the XML file, make sure when you're editing that it doesn't accidentally save it as a text file by making the end of the filename .xml.txt. Also, pay careful attention, when editing, that you don't accidentally erase any quotation marks ( " ).
---
For the crashes, it sounds like a car is not loading correctly. Make sure you have the latest Base Files installed (v1.05+) as the last update contains an edit to fully support the fom_swap sets.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question for you. Maybe you can help me further. How to create a Chassi Swap Mod ?
I created a Ferrari Livery on the old RedBull Chassi. Also on the new AlphaTauri Chassi a Mercedes Livery.
I got it, but couldn't swap chassis. What do I need for that? Thanks in advance.

Where does the game crash, exactly? At launch before the main menus, or once you try to load a track (for a race, time trial, qualifying, etc.)?

For the XML file, it needs to be added to the animation_incardriver_f1_2022.erp file that is included with the base files. Make sure you are importing the XML file in the XML Files tab of the Ego ERP Archiver, and not under the Resources tab:

View attachment 622266

View attachment 622267
Good evening. Thank you so much for all your help. I now have it working like a dream although like keeemac95 reported, the floor and carbon wings interior are mising so will await you next update. Amazing work bud - adds another dimension to the game.

Hi, I have a question for you. Maybe you can help me further. How to create a Chassi Swap Mod ?
I created a Ferrari Livery on the old RedBull Chassi. Also on the new AlphaTauri Chassi a Mercedes Livery.
I got it, but couldn't swap chassis. What do I need for that? Thanks in advance.
One option is to use the 'F1 Team for MyTeam' filesets, and combine with the carmisc files. So, for example, take the 'myteam_f1_redbull.erp' file, and load your Ferrari livery into it. Then, use the carmisc_ferrari.erp file, and edit the carmodel and carshowroommodel pkgfiles to reference the 'xedbull' sets.

carmisc_files.jpg

Those blue-highlighted lines would replace the normal ones that would reference the 'ferrari.emb' sets. Basically, all 3 would change the parts that say "teams/ferrari/idf/ferrari"... to be "teams/xedbull/idf/xedbull"...

The only conflict to this would be using the redbull for the myteam car as well, as then they'd take up the same texture.

Hi Maian, thank you so much for this present!! But, in any livery edited, in game i always see in the HALO a little hearts, i guess it is your personal sticker, but i don't see any pictures in ERP. How can i delet this "hearts"? Thanks again, GOAT of the mods :D

I followed the instructions but the car wasn't switched, and I can't import the xml file it keeps saying "Could not import xml file! End of stream reached with 1 bytes left to read."
please help I am about to combust.

My small brain won’t work but I’m trying to get this Andretti mod to replace Alfa Romeo, Do I need to rename the files (car misc and fom swap) to Alfa Romeo?
You have to open the Alpha FOM swap .erp and replace the paint .c, .d & .s files with the files inside your download.
Or, drop a message to the modder of the Andretti mod and ask him if he would do it for you, it's a 2 min job.

One option is to use the 'F1 Team for MyTeam' filesets, and combine with the carmisc files. So, for example, take the 'myteam_f1_redbull.erp' file, and load your Ferrari livery into it. Then, use the carmisc_ferrari.erp file, and edit the carmodel and carshowroommodel pkgfiles to reference the 'xedbull' sets.

View attachment 623849
Those blue-highlighted lines would replace the normal ones that would reference the 'ferrari.emb' sets. Basically, all 3 would change the parts that say "teams/ferrari/idf/ferrari"... to be "teams/xedbull/idf/xedbull"...

The only conflict to this would be using the redbull for the myteam car as well, as then they'd take up the same texture.
thanks,
this works

Hello, I have a question, I want to put the McLaren chassis for the "alphatauri" team, what do I have to do to achieve that? I don't understand much about these mods u.u and I don't know if it is possible with these "FOM" files

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 170 66.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 112 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 118 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.3%
Back