GRID 2 Modding Questions

Hello all, thank for the work about the interior cam.
I want to put your attention on another issue very frustrating to me :
When the team guy is speaking the sound of the car is quieter.
When it's happening in a tight turn it make me miss the grip/drift threshold (same problem when changing gears based on sound)
I tried to turn down the speech volume but it change nothing to the diminution of the car sound and by the way i couldn't hear what the guy is saying anymore.
I tried put "dynamic range" on high or normal and it doesn't change much things.

I want (if possible) to have no volume diminution at all when the guy speak.

I noticed that too, it is very annoying and distracting, but I have no idea how that can be changed.

Hello, would be cool to have a roof cam view (like in the F1 series). I know nothing on how to mod, so if this mod comes up, I will be very grateful.

Hi, guys :)
It would be awesome, if someone can fix or change the handling of GRID 2 cars completly.
I hate the tendency to drift.
Hope that is possible.

Also it would be cool, if someone can make some graphic mods like improved textures, enhanced effects etc.

i can help with the textures, if i would know how to extract and where to find the right textures.

greetings
FreeZatE

hey i dunno if it has been asked before cant find anything with it anywho. is it possible to remove or disable the camera shaking when brakeing? kinda annoying with that much camera shakeing going on.

First of all, i like to make high res versions of decals and vinyls in grid 2, but i have a problem.

didn´t know why, but when i try to make a high res version of this:
decal_motul_0.pssg
it look same **** as before.

i create in photoshop a file with 2048x1024 with this logo http://www.racing-shop.sk/data/data/image/Logo_Motul_Red.jpg
than i export it as dds DXT5 interpolated alpha (also try it with DXT3 and DXT1 1 bit alpha).

after that i import the texture in decal_motul_0.pssg.
copy it in right grid 2 subfolder.
start game but logo looks the same.
dont know why.
also tried it with some other textures, didn´t work too.
can somebody help?

normally my high res textures work for games like skyrim.

yes it is
u just need time for that
1 download http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ --> bxml converter
1.1 download notepad ++ for easier editing http://www.chip.de/downloads/Notepad_12996935.html
2 go into car folder , list is here http://www.rallygamer.com/grid2/tools/texture-design-tools.html
3 select ur model
4 DRAG the Camera xml on the bxml.exe (first link) --> creates new cameras.c.xml
5 search for scrapebasedshake or brakebasedshake --> disable it by setting values to zero or "false" for EVERY camer type (4)
6 rename the old xml as backup
7 rename the moded xml , set as "readonly"

i think those settings are in the cameras.xml file aswell at the lower section
also look in grid/replay/dynamic_camera_rig_data
try meesing around with the distance paramter

Macsnaken. The converter just gives me an error "error: incorrect Arguments!" so i thought what the hek and used notepad++ and mess a bit with the "cameras" with a car and worked great how ever you need to set it as Read Only or the game will revert it back in. so thanks for helping out =)

Leon Charmant Its too much of a hassle uploading to so many places, and making everything look nice. Maybe with the next update I'll put something up.

FreeZatE You are saving the pssg file, right? If you are, try making a visible change and see if it actually changes the sponsor. If it doesn't then you probably have the wrong file.

macsnaken Please use the links from the main downloads page, and not the direct link. I like to keep the dl count as accurate as possible :)

Zipet Drag and drop a file on the executable, or select a file, choose open with, and select the bxml executable.

Thank you for response Petar.

it is the right file. 100 % sure, because i change the size of the logo and it was also ingame like that, but the quality of it wasn´t improved.
I didn´t know why i have this issue.
Can you maybe try for yourself to make a high res version of a texture and see if it works ingame?
Would be cool.
Just want to clear, if it is a problem caused by myself or the game

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes