GRID 2 Modding Questions

So... if the game files structure is the same/similar to previous games... does that mean we can adjust tyre grip and other settings to improve the game?

Just started to get my hands on this game and as usual with CM games, the problem for me is that it is too action/arcade oriented. Visuals on PC look great though.

The whole issue with the missing interior views seems just like a CM "business policy" choice due to console versions being unable to cope with that in terms of visuals/framerate. The PS3 version is a total mess with no AA at all, low framerates, tearing (due to no vsync) and general stuttering.

I think CM themselves were very aware that PC modders will be up pretty soon adding the interior view support and other features, but they just can't release the game stating that console ports are vastly inferior.

Going back to the interior view, for people that are used to drive using wheels there is no point for an interior view where you see the game car's wheel and the drivers hands on screen. It's very confusing and makes your real view of the road and locations very small on the screen.

With previous CM games I always ended up editing the files to make an interior view that doesn't show wheel/hands but keeps the point of view inside the car, so you can use TrackIR and have all the windshield/inside effects while maintaining a good size view of the road at the same time. It is VERY immersive this way.

I agree with most of your view... I would actually rather a good quality Mirror with just a point of view that is not so close to the hood as the game currently is.

... but a good Mirror , I dont understand why they totally left that out of the hood view.

I just tried EgoCamEditor and I can confirm it works, all previous CM games features are there, even TrackIR support!

I even like driving with the car interior being "out of focus", it makes you focus even more on the road/oponents while maintaining a very immersive experience inside the car.

I have a bit of experience editing Grid 1 and Dirt 2 & 3 cameras with EgoCamEditor so I will try to edit all the cameras I can myself and made them available for download if anybody is interested, but this lead me to the problem I always had before that prevented me to end up editing all the cams for all cars available in CM games: I can't find a proper list of related cars/folders names to know exactly which cars I am editing.

Every car needs to be adjusted individually due to different height, driver's wheel position, etc.

The games folders structure is based on folders with just 3 digit names, so for some cars the name is easy to guess (s15 for Nissan Silvia S15) but others are not very intuitive, so I always ended up tired of guessing and didn't finished them all.

Anybody knows if there is a proper list of cars/folders for Grid 2?

Attachments

• EgoCamEditor_Grid2.jpg
    EgoCamEditor_Grid2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 505
Just received my oculus :thumbsup:
Would be really nice if some one hacked up something. There are some opensource drivers but not yet working. If anyone finds a way. Let it know here!

Looks awesome, although there's one thing that's bugging me. It looks like the driver is constantly looking slightly upwards. It hurts my neck just looking at it.. the camera needs to be more horizontal :roflmao:

That's gotta be my setup. I play on a proyector screen, with a playseat and a Fanatec GT2. The TrackIR receiver has to be at the same height as your head and not very far in depth, so in my case my only option was to find a sweet spot under the proyector screen that allows all these toys to work together, but I must keep close to the proyector screen.

Well, either that or my usual guilty pleasure of watching skies and environments in videogames... XDDDD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back