• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Modding Questions

Discussion in 'GRID 2 Mods' started by Dan Hawkins, May 20, 2013.

1. fanpapad

fanpapad

Ratings:
    +32
    I have replaced all the camera files, they are working well (regarding the Chase Far Camera), though, the McLaren MP4-12C Chase Camera is the same with the original one. Is it because the McLaren MP4-12, is a DLC car?

2. Peppi

Peppi

Ratings:
    +105
    Morning ^^
    What is the difference between the livery_00 and livery_user in a car folder?

3. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    LOL I Got it in my head a couple of weeks ago to try n edit the .nefs ,, file I finally realized after 2 days its not possible you need a 360 dev kit,,,,,,,,,,,

4. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    You need RYDER , PSSG Mods just type in google RYDER , Then you need photoshop CS6 To edit the files you also need plugins from nvidia,,,, You can also use 3DSimedtor 30k I have this I see on utube people using it but photoshop easier for me anyway,,,

5. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    Download Adobe Fireworks CS6 ,,,,,,,,, Just open up any jpeg or image ,use the magic wand delete the background as save as .png ,,,,,,,or for example you want sponsors with a transparent background ,,,,,,,,,, just type ,,,,,,,,, grid 2 logo png ,,,,,,,,,,,,, the top results should all have a transparent background,,,,,,,,,,,

6. headrushmayor

headrushmayor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    you can not change them as it will make ever one online super fast stuff for ever one it so stop cheating online.

7. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    U can not play online anyway m8 ,, with moded CTF Files Only career and racenet,,,

8. Edward Helmer

Edward Helmer

Ratings:
    +0
  9. Garmacor

Garmacor

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i am new here. I have some question.

I like to play in single player but i had a wrong feeling with the cars because there were only stock cars. All of the cars on a race or championship have some kind of modification so i wrote to official forum to Codemasters and they said they dont plan to involve the car upgrade system in single player. There were a guy who helped me and i began to work with the EGO program, i began to change the Tier 1 cars to upgraded ones.

Can you tell me about the carsetup file in audio, can i alter the engine sounds? What are the values: Detonation?

How can i put the body kits to the cars wich file contains this data?

This is only for my single player career but i can upload if somebody want it. The game feels much better now but i need more test so there will be more questions.

Thanks

10. cr1zzmo

cr1zzmo

Ratings:
    +13
    I didnt find a way to change the Carsounds yet... only thing you can do is replace them with other ones. (in audio/bundles).
    Detonation is for the flamesound from exhaust (pop)....between gearswitching, but i dont hear any difference between street and racing setup...
    GL dude and keep on!!

11. Garmacor

Garmacor

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello thanks the answer.
    Could you tell me how can i put the body kits to the cars wich file contains this data?

And how the mod support works? Whats this configuration file?

12. cr1zzmo

cr1zzmo

Ratings:
    +13
  13. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,319
    It his possible to Change the audio on Grid2 but all it does is enhance the Datavalues on which the original audio file set to each Car,

So it is a mixture of swapping out a certain file to a Car then enhancing that file to get the required effect that you are wanting,

It his not something that you can change with 1 or 2 attempts this his something that takes time and effort . I spent over 2 Day,s on F1 2012 Changing the audio with my headphones and got it sounding nice thaen after tried changing out the Audio files themselfs from 2011 game which I noticed that all the work I had done sounding awesome with the previous games files , Try using Grid,Dirt2/3 files aswell as Grid2 files some might crash but just keep trying them out,

I would have spent time doing this mod but my work just gets criticized all the time so have lost interest good luck,,,

14. Garmacor

Garmacor

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Chargingcar.

I have downloaded your Silvia mod its fantastic.

Can you help me with body kits? I would like to put the body kits to the cars but i dont know how.

Is there a way? In online when a car levels up the model just change. Wich file contains the data?

15. RGerke

RGerke

Ratings:
    +8
    Question!

Why come here, no real mods for Grid 2? I thought that GRID2 have new full modding support? Where are new custom tracks, cars and big gameplay improvements from the community, like rFactor and Race or GTR2?

16. Farras Shiddiq

Farras Shiddiq

Ratings:
    +0
    how to create this livery ??

Attached Files:

17. Irish-tricksta

Irish-tricksta

Ratings:
    +0
    hi lads.

ive been playn around with skins, downloading a lot from here and adding them into my game, ive even started to make my own, !

but when i ask my mates what they think of my new design, they all tell me the same thing, that the see just a basic colour and ordinary grid skin.

i see my new skin on the screen but no1 else can. this goes for all the skins im using. mine or downloaded from here,

anyone else had this problem.

im currently tryn to mod the low res images to see if thats the file grid is using online rather than the high res.

[​IMG]

18. Blom

Blom

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah pal i got it also but i think that the livery you make personal or only saved in your files and everybody who hasn't got those files and only got the Original skin files from the game can't see you're new modification its kinda logic i guess

19. DiRTyBoy

DiRTyBoy

Ratings:
    +0
    I've started using the Golf R Performance from the latest Peak Performance Pack DLC. I like the car a lot but the close chase cam mode that I use exclusively is far too low to see over the car well. I've modded cam heights (Z axis) before when I know where the model folder is, but I cannot find a model folder for this car, just the stock Golf R (gol).

According to Rally Gamer's Playground, the Golf R Performance is supposed to have a folder designated go2 in the same Grid2\cars\models directory, but it's not there. http://www.rallygamer.com/grid2/tools/texture-design-tools.html

Can anyone tell me how to do this or steer me to someone whom knows? It's driving me nuts.

20. tsymbal

tsymbal

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody here? :)
    I've got two questions:
    1. The Grid 2 has a motion effect during the race but it is absent in replays(the mode, when cameras change each other). In RaceDriver Grid, Dirt 2, 3 and Showdown this effect is present. How it can be fixed?

2. After accidents, fragments of a car disappear in some time. So, when you have a race on a several laps and a an accident on a first lap, on the second lap in the place of an accident there are no wreck fragments. In Grid and Dirt they lie during all the race. Where I can find certain parameter and how to modify it to fix this bug?

Thanks in advance!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.