Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

As much as I liked the look of my red driving shoes, they still cramped my toes a bit and required thin socks and by the end of the day they were a bit too snug.

I read reviews that said these OMP karting shoes were comfortable, so I thought I'd give them a shot. Ahhhh.... I think I could actually run a longer race in shoes like these. I can fit thicker socks in them and have no issues. They feel good on the pedals too :)

I need to break them in this weekend!

comfort_8085.jpg

onpedals_8081.jpg

Last edited:
I think I have those. Mine are KS-2.
Yup. There have been some serious availability issues with many Karting shoes. I'm typically a size 10 US or 43 or 44 depending. The Puma driving shoes I had run very small. I ended up with size 12 and they still pinched my toes some. I got 44's and these have some room in them.

Yeah I'm a 10 too. I love these boots. I've had my pair for probably 4 years now and I have gone through 3 pairs of gloves in the same time. These are super reliable, comfortable and provide good feel on the pedals. I'd never consider getting in the seat without them on.

Yeah I'm a 10 too. I love these boots. I've had my pair for probably 4 years now and I have gone through 3 pairs of gloves in the same time. These are super reliable, comfortable and provide good feel on the pedals. I'd never consider getting in the seat without them on.

These shoes are definitely a LOT more comfortable. I'm liking them quite a bit. Hopefully I'll feel the same way you do about yours 4 year from now :)

Just did some laps playing with the StreamDeck stuff. I'm very impressed with both the StreamDeck and the effort that Peter put into this. I created a quick 2min video showing the StreamDeck in operation with the profiles he created.

Last edited:
I was just looking at a recent SRG review of a 10Nm DD wheel. What kills me is that there are SIX USB plugs in the back of it but only for "supported devices" :(

It was just dawning on me how big a missed opportunity this is for wheel bases in general. Why don't they all just include a powered USB hub back there? Sure they might have a couple plugs for ecosystem parts, but almost EVERYONE could use a centrally located USB hub on their rig.

Think about how many devices that you actually have that are very close to the steering wheel.

For me that's

1. Button box
2. Hand brake
3, H pattern shifter
4. sequential Shifter
5. StreamDeck XL

Fairly close by and definitely closer to my DD wheel than my USB hub
6. NLRv3
7. G-Belt

My pedals are the one thing I don't care about having connectivity back there and I know that is one place that my SC2 Pro will actually use "IF" I had a supporting pedals set which I likely will never have.

So why not just put ports back there that people will actually make use of?

This dream of selling lots of closed system components is wasted effort and not for our benefit. There is no reason that they couldn't create controls that use standard USB ports that talk to each other. And if the controls are actually worth having, people will buy them.

It doesn't build good will having all these wasted ports that we can't use.

Last edited:
Nice work and progress. Thanks for sharing and the detailed updates. Very intriguing and educational to follow.

I got the medium sized StreamDeck quite some time ago. I experimented a bit with it, but eventually shelved it. Probably will dig it out again in the future. There is for sure lots of power there.

I was able to get a LoupeDeck Live second hand (meaning, much lower cost vs new), and have been playing around with that as an alternative. There are strengths and weaknesses.
- The software for the Stream Deck is far superior. No question. Much more popular and makes it easier to work with. The LoupeDeck software is functional, but definitely lacking after seeing what StreamDeck has done.
- However, I really like that the Loupedeck has rotary knobs. I'm a bit old fashioned and like the knobs for an unexplainable reason. It's able to send/recieve midi commands, and I have it connected to VoiceMeeter which I'm using to handle all my audio related devices (and EQ curves). At the moment, I have it set to adjust the mute/ gain on separate output channels (my headphones, the buttkickers, and the optical out (which I rarely use)). Right now I have all my tactile output going from the motherboard audio outs, so the gain related is all-as-one. I haven't really experimented yet if I could separate the outputs to have gain related to specific channels controlled.
- I haven't tried to connect it so SimHub in any way (other than launching it) so far, but if there's a midi interface plug-in, then I think (in theory) a connection to the LoupeDeck could also be done. Something to explore (for me) in the coming months.

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Right now I have all my tactile output going from the motherboard audio outs, so the gain related is all-as-one. I haven't really experimented yet if I could separate the outputs to have gain related to specific channels controlled.
Since you already use VoiceMeeter, its AUX INPUT 8 channels can be configured as a SimHub ShakeIt output, then use VSTHost to host an 8-channel MIDI VST mixer plugin.
Configuring is described here: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...r-output-to-midi-and-vjoy.210079/post-3446766

I just saw that Andre of Sim Shaker for Aviators has had his authentication service pull out and refuse to do business with him because he lives in Russia. ( This is 5 week old news )

So for now there is a fully featured Demo version available for download. The only stipulation is that you have to installed it with the update checks in place so that when this is resolved you can pay.

I have paid for my copy that I've not used in about 3 years of ownership, but it looks like I'll be updating to this fully featured version that doesn't require registration for the moment.

Last edited:
I would LOVE a hub on the wheelbase. I have one within my monitor, I currently only use it for fast charging my phone and tablet when I use it as a dash but more ports is always a good thing. I don't have enough left within the monitor to make removing my USB hub worthwhile though. I also have to run a B type cable from the PC to power the hub for data. So it's not the greatest solution but without needing to charge the devices I think I could definitely get rid of the hub.

I would LOVE a hub on the wheelbase. I have one within my monitor, I currently only use it for fast charging my phone and tablet when I use it as a dash but more ports is always a good thing. I don't have enough left within the monitor to make removing my USB hub worthwhile though. I also have to run a B type cable from the PC to power the hub for data. So it's not the greatest solution but without needing to charge the devices I think I could definitely get rid of the hub.
Only slight reservation I have is that placing a USB hub millimetres from a massive electric motor is not ideal. There is potential for EMI affecting the reliability of the USB signals. It may be a non issue though.

Only slight reservation I have is that placing a USB hub millimetres from a massive electric motor is not ideal. There is potential for EMI affecting the reliability of the USB signals. It may be a non issue though.
Or not......

In my rig the only way the GS-5 runs 100% problem free is when it's plugged into the USB hub at the back of the AccuForce.

Ah well, I can't be too upset with much right now. I had a very big and successful go live event today! Calling the day done. Life should start moving back to something approaching normal now :)

Huzzah!!!!

In the didn't see this one coming category, I'm setting up RBR Pro right now.

I've had people tell me that I have to try it and after hearing someone tell me that Dirt Rally just feels wrong and this is much better, I thought I might give it a shot.

BTW, I've heard this at least 3 or 4 times, but just didn't think the chances of an old title like this working well enough for me to enjoy. Hope I was wrong.

It appears to have support for the following:
VR - they have a VR mode switch on the manager screen.
SC2 Pro ( a number of cloud profiles available. I grabbed one ) I have another from Peter W. that I'll try out as well.
NLRv3 - shown as supported and added it to my list of favorites.
SimHub - shown as supported and added to my list of favorites.
G-Belt ( it shows up in their list of games, but it didn't auto recognize this one, so I had to add one from scratch point to the EXE and select the profile for RBR SSE

I've been told that the short cut keys can't just be remapped to a button box. ( I know there are keyboard mapping utilities, I've got one ) For now I'm setting up StreamDeck hotkeys for the important ones. VR mode, HMD center, seat +/- and a few other things.

Downloading it is easy, then things get interesting.
You can register an account to use it, but then have to wait according to the email up to 3 days to get your driver ID number back. Meanwhile I can't set up a driver and even run the free content at this point.

1651590920428.png

I'm going to donate to support their efforts, but I can't even do that until someone approves my registration request.

Fingers crossed!!! I hope this is as fun as I've been told.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages