Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Important: True Drive Paddock only works for SC2 Pro v1 and Ultimate systems for now. General release is supposed to be in August for SC2 Sport and SC2 Pro v2 systems.

Just tried out the highest rated Dirt Rally True Drive Paddock profile that documented all the appropriate in game settings to work with it. This is the absolute best Dirt Rally has ever felt at the steering wheel! Fantastic! I had to drop the power just a bit, but otherwise, just wow!

The True Drive Paddock system with rated cloud based profiles is a killer app for for the SC2 Pro!

If you have an SC2 and haven't upgraded to this, do it! Fan freaking tastic!

I started early and already have 4.5 hours driving DR2 series and turning laps in iRacing.
It's only 10AM :)

I posted about this in another place an already have people talking about how much better Dirt Rally 2.0 is with the new profile and in game settings :)

Last edited:
Important: True Drive Paddock only works for SC2 Pro v1 and Ultimate systems for now. General release is supposed to be in August for SC2 Sport and SC2 Pro v2 systems.

Just tried out the highest rated Dirt Rally True Drive Paddock profile that documented all the appropriate in game settings to work with it. This is the absolute best Dirt Rally has ever felt at the steering wheel! Fantastic! I had to drop the power just a bit, but otherwise, just wow!

The True Drive Paddock system with rated cloud based profiles is a killer app for for the SC2 Pro!

If you have an SC2 and haven't upgraded to this, do it! Fan freaking tastic!

I started early and already have 4.5 hours driving DR2 series and turning laps in iRacing.
It's only 10AM :)

I posted about this in another place an already have people talking about how much better Dirt Rally 2.0 is with the new profile and in game settings :)
Can you share a screenshot of the settings on True Drive and In-Game? I have the R2 version of the SC2 Pro and the beta Paddock is not available for my wheelbase yet.

Can you share a screenshot of the settings on True Drive and In-Game? I have the R2 version of the SC2 Pro and the beta Paddock is not available for my wheelbase yet.

I lowered the Self Aligning Torque from 34 to 27 but the rest is the same.

Edit: Lowering the self-aligning torque was the wrong answer. When using the cloud profiles you need to make a copy of a profile before you can edit it. After copying it, then reducing the Overall Strength was more what I was after.

DirtRallyInGame.JPG

TDP_DR2_p1.JPG
TDP_DR2_p2.JPG

Last edited:
I got a Fed Ex notification that my G-Belt from SimXperience will arrive this Wednesday and surprisingly my new harness from China may arrive the same day.

I've downloaded the Sim Commander 4 and received my email with the registration number.

I want to think through this installation carefully and figure out all the mounting details for both the actuator box and the control box before I drill or mount anything.

So far all I've done in preparation is a bit of recon for where the G-Belt bolt holes in the back of my seat will be. I'm going to reinforce the bolt holes, but I'm still thinking through exactly how I want to do that. I'm considering swapping out the socket head bolts with counter sunk bolts and beveling holes out of 1/4" aluminum for a backer plates vs. just using large washers which I also have. I want to distribute the load as wide as possible.
DrillHere_6693.jpg

Last edited:
Now to do some design work.
GBeltarrives_6695.jpg

SimXperience uses 6mm bolts to mount this. The inside of the bolt hole has a steel PEM to retain the bolt. There is fairly good clearance on the inside of the PEM so any extra bolt length shouldn't be a problem.

Stock bolts are top left. The other bolts are the 6mm options I have on hand depending on how I reinforce this on the inside of the seat.
BoltOptions_6696.jpg

The controller box is pretty light at 3.8 lbs.
ControlBoxweight_6699.jpg

The actuator box that is mounted to the seat is heavier at 16.9 lbs.
ActuatorBox_6697.jpg

Last edited:
It looks real. Hopefully it is. It has a 2028 expiration date after which it's not supposed to be used in races. You just never know and it does have a spot in the bottom of the release for an anti submarine belt if I ever need it.

I think I'll install these for starters just to see how they feel, then I'll get back to the G-Belt install.
Sabelt_6700.jpg

I got these installed and I do like the feeling of 3" vs. 2".
I got it snugged up pretty tight and I think I'll be able to get something out of the G-Belt, but I can tell that having an anti-submarine harness would make a difference.

It also feels like they are covering more surface area and I think I'll be warmer in them as well, so crank up the AC I guess!
SabeltInstalled_6703.jpg

Last edited:
It looks real. Hopefully it is. It has a 2028 expiration date after which it's not supposed to be used in races. You just never know and it does have a spot in the bottom of the release for an anti submarine belt if I ever need it.

I think I'll install these for starters just to see how they feel, then I'll get back to the G-Belt install.
View attachment 489864

I got it snugged up pretty tight and I think I'll be able to get something out of the G-Belt, but I can tell that having an anti-submarine harness would make a difference.

It also feels like they are covering more surface area and I think I'll be warmer in them as well, so crank up the AC I guess!
View attachment 489872
There are a few tell tales that make me have my doubts that those are genuine. Not trying to rain on your parade but mentioning now so you can take up with the seller if you choose to (eBay?). If the price is right though - safety isn't critical in sim racing so sure they will be fine. Have a look here and make up you own mind. https://vsport.com.au/sabelt-race-harnesses-real-vs-fake/

Last edited:

View attachment 489864

View attachment 489872
Did you order the belts off AliExpress? I noticed a lot of branded harnesses listed for sale that have the logo blurred out on the main product images (Sabelt, Sparco, Takata). Wondering if that's where you sourced yours from.

I got them off of eBay for 80+ bucks. I didn't expect them to be real. All's good.

The black one was $84 and the red one is $88.

Last edited:
Moving on, I'm mounting the control box here to start. The included power cord and USB cable reach my outlet strip and USB Hub on the front of the rig. I'll likely put a piece of tape over the unused control ports since they are pointing up. I used split woven sheathing around the power cord and USB cable to protect them and for appearances.

The control box has holes for 4 x 4mm bolts, but they are not on 80 or 120mm centers so it currently is secured with the top 2 bolts. It feels solid and shouldn't have any stress on it, but I'll probably 3D print a mount that has 120 mm centers and centers this on the 160mm profile just to make it clean and make sure it is fully secured.

I'm hoping that with the fan pointing straight back centered behind the seat low that the carpeting and couch behind it will absorb most of the noise.

Initially I may leave the seatbelts anchored where they are now after I run them through the G-Belt unit.

MountedControlBox_6708.jpg

Last edited:
There are a few tell tales that make me have my doubts that those are genuine. Not trying to rain on your parade but mentioning now so you can take up with the seller if you choose to (eBay?). If the price is right though - safety isn't critical in sim racing so sure they will be fine. Have a look here and make up you own mind. https://vsport.com.au/sabelt-race-harnesses-real-vs-fake/

Well if I'm ever in a 100 mph crash in my sim rig, I'm toast.... LOL!

Last edited:
I decided to go with steel washers for now, but was considering something more substantial.

The main reason I went with steel washers is that they would bend to form fit and with the curvature of the seat, a single piece of aluminum might not be a good idea. Possibly 2 smaller squares would work, but for now I'll see how the washers work.
washers_6715.jpg

I got my center and base point, then got perpendicular and up 4" and drilled starting with a smaller bit before drilling the 8mm hole. Both sides were taped and there was a drop cloth covering the electronics below.
drillholes_6716.jpg

I put some never hardening window caulk under the washer. I've had rolls of this stuff for years.
If I try to twist the G-Belt the entire seat back twists, so I don't think additional reinforcement will make much of a difference.
BoltedIn_6718.jpg

The seat belt hole grommet wasn't going to snap back together again, so I used some tiny black screws to secure it.
seatbeltGrommetdrill_6720.jpg

A small clamp helped.
GrommetInstalled_6722.jpg

Here is is fully installed.
Installed_6730.jpg

As you can see from the picture below, I'm using the pass through installation which is one of the options they list. I can coil the seat belt up later if it makes sense.
Installed_6731.jpg

The instructions say to use any of the 4 actuator controller ports for the two channels that need to be controlled.
Installed_6733.jpg

Now I need to get my workout in and get started on work. I'll test it out soon with the latest being Saturday.

Last edited:
I took my right 2" Tanaka lap belt and it clipped right into my new Sabelt "look" seatbelt.

What you don't see is that the slot in this seat is back about where the top of my cargo pocket flaps are stitched. (RED LINE) I'm wedged back as far as I possibly can to the back of my seat.

This seat was obviously designed for a UNIC !

... and yet I see in Barry's Prisma review on SRG that he has an anti-submarine belt installed.
<sigh>

HardPassSlot.jpg

cheekImprints.jpg

Last edited:
I've got my belts coiled up at the rear. Much neater and leaves more room for the cables to run down the back of the seat and under the rig. Once they're through the unit, you don't need them attached to anything else. I know you know this, just saying how I've set mine up.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.