Minor Update Released and New Track Announced for iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Belle Isle Street Track Preview 1.jpg

iRacing has recently announced another new street course location, with the developers expecting to add the Detroit Grand Prix track as early as this June!

Regular location of for both IndyCar and IMSA Sportscar racing, Belle Isle in Detroit is a tight and twisting semi permanent street course location that often plays host to dramatic and incident packed racing action, something iRacing will be hopeful of replicating once the circuit hits the simulation potentially as early as this coming June.

Although remaining slightly sketchy on the exact expected date of release, Detroit does look pretty advanced in its development if the below images are anything to go by, leaving fans hopeful of a release to the public build of the simulation sooner rather than later...

iRacing Belle Isle Street Track Preview 2.jpg

iRacing Belle Isle Street Track Preview 3.jpg iRacing Belle Isle Street Track Preview 4.jpg iRacing Belle Isle Street Track Preview 5.jpg

As well as the big new track announcement, yesterday saw the first light of day for a new patch build release, welcoming to the world a minor update around three of the current GT3 cars and a couple of bug fixes related to rolling start issues. Full notes can be seen below:

Season 2 Patch 5 Release Notes:

Race Control
  • Fixed an issue with rolling starts at Road Course tracks with a separate start line, where if the green drops in the same 1/60th of a second that the pace car crosses the finish line, all the drivers who had not yet crossed the finish line would become a lap up on the cars who had already crossed the finish line. This is very unlikely to happen at most tracks, but, for example, at Monza last week, the configuration of the start and finish lines and the pit lane are exactly wrong so that the pace car is often exactly at that wrong spot for this bug to occur. Monza is also on many series' schedules for the remainder of the season, so it was important to get this fix out.
Audi R8 LMS GT3
  • Slightly increased the toughness of the floor to reduce damage from bottoming.
BMW Z4 GT3
  • Slightly increased the toughness of the floor to reduce damage from bottoming.
Mercedes-AMG GT3

iRacing.com is an online racing simulation that features monthly subscription fees and additional paid content, exclusive to PC.

Check out the iRacing sub forum for more of the latest news and discussions regarding the massive multiplayer online service.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Belle Isle raceway? Any other circuits you would particularly like to see added to the sim in the future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
hello
he did not talk about weight transfer (which is very well reproduced in iracing) but tires and the model of this one!
I do not know if in real life you have a propulsion car (I did it with a bmw E92 2.0) you go on a big empty place and at low speed you controlled a "drift" with your accelerator .. ..
after 2-3 minutes you realize that controlling a glide at low speed is really not very difficult.
now ,You do the same thing on IRacing and you do for example on AMS ...

after, come back mark your impressions on the physical model of the tire in this "simulation";)

ps : how many racers online the night on Lotus 49 server and 90 % of the others server ? :p

Seeing as my car doesn't have slicks on it, I don't think that experiment would prove much. That's not to say their tire model is the most accurate, I don't think it is, but I can get excellent racing with good sized grids just about any time of day and that's all I care about.

Seeing as my car doesn't have slicks on it, I don't think that experiment would prove much. That's not to say their tire model is the most accurate, I don't think it is, but I can get excellent racing with good sized grids just about any time of day and that's all I care about.
if you have fun , that the most important ^^ i have had many hours of pleasure during 5 years with iracing , now i dream of a racing sim with the online of iracing , the physics of AMS and the post effect of AC :D ( maybe ACC ? lol )

again have fun and a nice day ^^

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back