F1 2010 Melbourne - Australia (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all, hope I don't break any rules, here is my setup for your perusal:

Car
McLaren (on Time Trial)
Time
1:20.6xx. (Theoretical 1:20.3xx in my hands, and there are many better hands than mine)
Pad/Wheel
I used a pad, current 3rd place used a wheel (also a 1:20.6xx)
Postion
was 1st, currently 2nd, will be beaten by more.
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 100% - R 0%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 92 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 104 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 129 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 151 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 175 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 200 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 224 mph (not used)
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.41
Hope this helps. It might need some tweaking.

I've never used a wheel, but would presume it to be smoother and not to scrub as much speed making it a little easier to get the times. But, with patience and a few more laps the pad is in my opinion just as fast.

Lots of Love,

LiveNkickin
Nice setup man! So far I've reached 1.22.572 doing a lot of mistakes, going to improve when I can :)

Arg this one drives me realy crazy...

I have no problem beeing faster ingame then the real F1 guys exepect on this track and monaco.

This track isn't that even that hard but still I can't go under the 1.24.838. I have tried all setups here and I've watched video's on youtube to see where I possibly could lose time but I can't find it.

How do you guys manage these times? under the 1.24 mark? There is one corner just before S3 that fast left right chicane that could be my only chance or possibility where I might loose the time I need to go faster then the real F1 cars.

I have tried the mclarens, ferrari, red bull but nothing seems to go faster here then you guys...

HELP ME!!!!!

Referring to Ramon's settings for Melb at the start of thread:

It goes like a cut snake with those settings Ramon. I tried it with the Toro Rosso in career but couldn't control the thing for the life of me. Had to go back to default set up. Kept spinning. Had traction control on Medium.

Arg this one drives me realy crazy...

I have no problem beeing faster ingame then the real F1 guys exepect on this track and monaco.

This track isn't that even that hard but still I can't go under the 1.24.838. I have tried all setups here and I've watched video's on youtube to see where I possibly could lose time but I can't find it.

How do you guys manage these times? under the 1.24 mark? There is one corner just before S3 that fast left right chicane that could be my only chance or possibility where I might loose the time I need to go faster then the real F1 cars.

I have tried the mclarens, ferrari, red bull but nothing seems to go faster here then you guys...

HELP ME!!!!!

That's the best seuquence of corners on the track. From 7th gear along the curved straight changed down to 4th quickly (or even 5th if you can handle it) and you can keep it flat chat and change back up as you leave the right hander. Awesome corner.

Watch an on board lap of on of the F1 cars at http://www.formula1.com/ and you'll see what I mean.

• gen1us

Virgin - career mode, soft tire
1:32:230
Xbox Gamepad, all off except auto gearbox
Front Wing "-" after last corner(Prost), before start-finish line. "+" before 2nd corner(Sports Centre)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 5
Rear Ride Height: 5
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 7: 298 kph, other same level

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.5

there is a big difference between time trail mode and career mode !
none of the setups provided here work on the williams in career mode on full difficulty...
after reviewing all the setups, i made my own setup which ill post later but i did a 1m.29s.6xx ! i was a second faster than my teammate but the career objective is to qualify tenth and for that i need a 1m.29s flat !!! i just cant do that, ive been trying for a week now and if anyone is driving a williams and has a setup, plz help !
p.s. im playing it on xbox360 with the xbox gamepad !

My personal best with the Lotus in Career Mode is 1.33.5xx...i cannot upgrade my performance..
My setup is Front 11 - Rear 3...
I play without Steering wheel...anyone can do better ? And which setup ?

I used livenkickin setup, it is better than the original posted setup for sauber. However in career mode, during the race this setup gets you nowhere. I cannot get any faster than 1.34. I can't keep up with the rest. I wasn't having this issue in Bahrain. There should be different setup thread for Qualify and Race.

Any suggestion on race setup?

I need some advice on race setup too. I am doing 1:27 in virgin in time trial on default setup (without touching anything, just loading the time trial and going on track right away), but in career mode I am struggling to get 1:31 for quali and 1:33 for race; even if I do 1:31 Im not happy with cars behavior - its too oversteery or too understeery -- just cant find that sweet spot, and I am looking for it for a week now :)

Edit: Forget it. Just got my setup for quali perfect, did 1:29 with Virgin in Q1, which gave 10th place, and 1:30 in Q2 (13th), worked on race setup, did 1:33 - 34 - 35 on that setup in P3 (with full fuel load ), but in race the car is totally different (1:40 best time, AI much much faster of course), and those punctures make me want to scream. I cant see any logic in it. (Im starting to miss F1 Challenge).

I managed a 1:28.1xx in practice 2 and 1:28.2xx in practice 3 with my Lotus in career mode on expert difficulty using livinkikin's setup. Came 1st in all three practices. In practice 3 the second placed driver (Webber) was 0.4 second ahead of me at the end of the 2nd sector but I somehow managed to beat him by 0.041 seconds. I seem to be slower in the first two sectors but somehow came 1st. Could this be because the A.I is slow in sector 3?

Also I have noticed in practice that even if I keep pace with or overtake a driver ahead of me for 1 lap my time is slower than his for that particular lap. I don't think the A.I are being timed properly in the game.

I use expert difficulty but with traction control and ABS on and also automatic gears.

Please can you give to me a setup for Mercedes GP ?

p.s. sorry for my english,i'm italian and my english is not very well xD ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back