Featured Massive iRacing Update Released

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +499
    These features and a Dynamic Track (which wasn't there last time I played), plus the AI early next year mean I'm getting tempted to open the wallet and take another look with this one. As with any Sim I play I want as much Simulation as possible and iRacing seems to be really focusing on the hardcore aspect especially with this release, I missed the recent Renewal Promo Codes so hope they don them again around Xmas time.

• Love Love x 1
  2. motoliser

motoliser

Ratings:
    +171
    Nice, but game visuals still look very dated...not getting back to it until Iracing2 maybe!!

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Haha x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Beer x 1
  3. makan

makan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +89
    You are wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  4. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +59
    Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, but it doesn't look like AI will be making it before the end of the year. Thats too bad, hopefully once it is I hope more historic content might be available.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +743
    Yes, unfortunately not. Was hoping for AI, too.
    It will probably come in the next build, somewhere around March.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NDG

NDG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +101
    That 3.5 silenced everything I read! Dammit! I need to re-sub now!

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +170
    Since i've been a member this is probably the best update i've seen. The visuals with the sunset/night and time acceleration is amazing. Really well done, including little details like the purple in car lights for the GTE cars.

Drove the F3 and Renault 3.5. The F3 is a fun car, although not sure i'll be fast in it. Tons of aero and coming from hard tops its hard to get used to carrying that much cornering speed. The F3.5 is a beast. Tons of power and really hard to control out of low speed corners (1st gear is death...2nd is mostly death).

Fun cars though and the visuals are so good now. What's really impressive is that i'm running triples with pretty much everything maxed out and still getting 144FPS. That's even better than AC which had really good optimization.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  8. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +335
    Would love to test out the graphic enhancements with my recent upgrade, but holding on for the AI. Perhaps @Paul Jeffrey can use his influence to see if iRacing is up to providing an update on the progress of the AI.
    :cautious::)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Motowntom

Motowntom

Ratings:
    +32
    Can't bring myself to join a subscription based service........but all you Iracers have fun.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +195
    I believe you can try it right now for $5/month. Never know you might love it, not too bad at $13/month regular price.

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,500
    It's been mentioned that it will most likely be in the March build.

Here's a link with Tony Gardner regarding Dec build and the state and progress of future features.

https://www.bsimracing.com/iracing-tony-gardner-talks-new-december-2018-build-update/

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Richard Dastardly

Richard Dastardly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +197
    New tracks are nice, and while I haven't tested the temp save across sessions that seems a nice feature, but the night time would have been good in 2008 - doesn't hold up now; admittedly dusk is quite picturesque. Tyres are still awful ( maybe they can actually concentrate on that now ), the FFB doesn't tell me much useful and the choice of new cars is even more incoherent. Problem is there's no slick competition for the product still. Peformance has taken a bit of a hit, which for something with a graphics engine this ancient is a bit worrying.

Still if you're more into the racing than the experience of driving a car it's pretty good, fair number of people on always.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +335
    I concur people have speculated that.

14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,937
    Tested the ai back at the expo (got a video coming soon too), and even that early stage it felt very decent indeed (apart from a lap 2 pileup!).

I’ll have a word with them, see what we can do :)

• Love Love x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. JoeAMGC63

JoeAMGC63

Ratings:
    +20
    You do realize that they have over 50,000 members, right? That equates to over $500k A MONTH in just subscription fees - rough math here if they're all paying. Now, add in the track/car revenue, and they're sitting on a gold mine. Whether you like it or not, some of us are not stuffed so far up their A$$es that we can actually see through this nonsense. Game developers gouge us on every release, and they continue to nickel and dime us over time..YOU allow for this to happen. Regardless of how much any of us earn, it's foolish to think that ongoing development has not already been budgeted for. They have had this planned for years, but have been sitting, quietly, waiting for their subscriber base to grow and to see what their competition was going to do before releasing it.
    Rant over, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to my refrain..

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    well, you might want to show us their latest numbers, as in revenue before tax etc. compared to other gaming companies, else it's a murky guess game at best, misleading at worst.

back on topic (oh, surprise, an iracing thread is being derailed by complaints about the costs ...): just watched the sun rise in daytona as i did a couple of laps in gt3, awesome. even my 10 year old pc (1st generation i7 with a 670 graphics card) can still do a decent moving image (45 fps), replays are a bit stuttery now, i will probably have to change some settings there. tsukuba is a fun little track, but the gt3 in week one will be ... interesting ;)
    i also feel the ffb is a bit more nuanced even on my old g27, but i bet this is just placebo. what irks me is that one now has the freeze upon entering and leaving the track which was only there at night races before, especially the weird sounds in the background are a bit off-putting. but that is a minor complaint, great update looking forward to next season!

• Like Like x 1
  17. sjb266

sjb266

Ratings:
    +323
    :sleep:

18. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,500
    I add a link to my last post....interview with Tony Gardner and the state of future features.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +171
    Any word from the developer's on when we might see Ai come aboard? I'm more of a at home hot lapper kind of guy that likes to drive the car and track of his choice at any given time. Having some Ai.....would make me re-up my membership for sure.

20. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +107
    probably in march

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.