Featured Massive iRacing Update Released

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 4, 2018 at 21:00.

Tags:
  1. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +712
    if you wanna waste U$S 5 open a new account and try it back. there are some promotion codes for 3 month at 5 dollars Promocode: PRHotlaps

2. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +145
    Never tried, never will.
    I'm not paying to rent period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting

Ratings:
    +136
    It´s very important that the community be aware of that. :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 4
  4. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +145
    You're welcome

5. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    could we get back on topic, plz. or just post a new topic "iRacing is far too expensive" and get it out of the way with, but spamming every single iRacing thread with just that one topic is like only speaking about food with a vegetarian while in his/her everyday life, food takes up about 2% of their waking mind/time. for me, iRacing is 98% playing a computer game and 2% paying for it, why should i listen to these endless and fruitless discussions?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NDG

NDG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Thanks mate, but no I won't do that. I have an existing account and I really like my old contents. All I am thinking now is how am I going to enjoy the subscription if I don't have the time. I think that promo code is good for people who never tried iRacing. As for me, I know what's in there, just not knowing if I will be able to do what I used to do.

I used to be mediocre good... maybe B plus driver. But now I think I am an F minus... I know because I see my laps every month degrade when practising for SRS races. I guess I'm not there anymore. I need tons of time just to be as good again, not even better. And that time needed is what I can't afford.

7. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +712
    Yeah, life changes, iracing's ffb doesn't

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  8. RayK

RayK

Ratings:
    +0
    irffb is what you need.

9. RayK

RayK

Ratings:
    +0
    irffb improves it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. RayK

RayK

Ratings:
    +0
    irffb improves the FFB a lot.

11. TuElite

TuElite

Ratings:
    +5
    Still haven't fixed the tires :/

12. Enderfailer

Enderfailer

Ratings:
    +7
    0/10 For this update. No Tsukuba Oval >:-( (Kidding)

13. Hor-hay

Hor-hay

Ratings:
    +66
    Is that the issue where they are faster when cold...

14. rw3

rw3

Ratings:
    +114
    I've just got a bog-standard T300 - nothing special. Before that I had a DFGT. I enjoyed it just fine. Likely you've buggered your settings up or, judging from your tone, you had already decided you didn't like it.

Fanboys are annoying (I copped a forum ban for calling the ****ers out) and the opposite are just as annoying. How about people accept that they can like multiple sims for a variety of different reasons, or is that too ****ing hard?

15. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +743
    It makes no sense to talk about FFB because everyone has different taste, different settings, different wheels…I know guys with a G27 who likes the FFB then there are guys who have a high end wheel and dislike the FFB in Iracing.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +185
    iRacing displays the same lack of control as most other sims. Extremely limited control and manipulation/modulation of slipping & sliding during different amounts of slip-angle especially with stcky cars. It's more of just an "I either save it or I don't," "yes/no," on/off," sort of thing.

The F3.5, F3, FR2.0, Mac-Honda F1, etc. etc. almost always either keep the rear planted like it's physically stuck to the road in a weird sort of tension/elasticy way (an iRacing trait since it was released 10 years ago, difficult to describe), or, you get a rear slip-angle but it's all "digital" and on/off, and just overall sort of weird, erratic and not really "organic". There's very little ability to just get the rear in a light slip-angle where you're purposely getting wheelspin to change the angle of the car while maintaining as well as adjusting the angle using throttle and steering inputs (brakes too but that's for corner entry). You can see this all the time in real life racing in almost any vehicle from Formula Trucks to F1 to GP3 to GT Sportscars, from amateur drivers to mediocre pros to excellent pros.

Some sims (or particular cars in sims) seem to compensate for this in what seems like 2 ways:

1) Making the rear slip-angle overly "drifty" but that just makes the car feel drifty and sloppy as if the rear-end of the vehicle is broken. This makes it seem like the physics are being compensated for in order to give the car a sense of control and adjustability during slides. This therefore doesn't fix anything because the CORE physics (either the core game's vehicle dynamics, vehicle kinematics, or tyre model modelling/coding - or a mix of them) hasn't changed. This would then seem like an attempt to hide the problem which therefore brings other problems (drifty, sloppiness).

2) Keeping the same or similar characteristics as original but those behaviors simply happen slower so the driver has more time to react. The ability to control and manipulate the vehicle, wheelspin, and slip-angle is barely improved from the original (again, probably because core vehicle dynamics, kinematics, and tyre modelling hasn't changed) but the slide now at-least happens slower / more progressively thus giving the driver more time to save the car. This, like eg. #1, seems like trying to "hide" the problem rather than fundamentally fixing it; the problem is still there but it's now just happening at a slower rate and therefore more driver-friendly.

It's not a matter of what wheel you're using, FFB, driver skill, (people try to use these as excuses going all the way back to the 1990s). The behavior/actions/reactions during these moments seem completely out of touch with reality regardless of what the driver is doing.

All sims being in a money-graphics-and-pumping-out-more-cars and-tracks war does nothing good for the true core product, the core driving experience. Sim developers - all of them - should be focusing on the actual physics engine - the modelling of vehicle dynamics, kinematics, and tyres - because those are the areas that strengthen or weaken the driving experience of any racing/driving piece of software.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:32
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +743
    Don’t know what’s so funny about that @sebduloiret :coffee:
    It’s like talking about religion, it makes no friggin’ sense. :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Jordan Dion

Jordan Dion
    Bluestar Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    I'll try it already . .... Make my wheel loose and remove all my ffb... Why they just dont work on it?
    Like Kunos whit is 10 try before find the final product! They work hard to find out.. not just give users 1version in 5 years...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sebduloiret

sebduloiret

Ratings:
    +16
    could we get back on topic, plz. or just post a new topic "no smiley that evoke laughter on my posts"
    Any joke aside (apparently relaxation, laughter and the second degree do not seem to be allowed) if it is to prohibit any exchange on racing, why not stay between you on your paid forum ???
    if this one, we must justify ourselves for putting a smiley ..... some fans would start to scare me ... lol
    decided, following the message of @Eckhart von Glan , I told myself that coming to talk about the subscription on a subject that does not speak was a bit annoying in the long run and I will never post again on an iracing subject but I have to justify myself just to have found your phrase "It makes no sense to talk about FFB because everyone has different taste" completely laughable and that is why I put a smiley...
    good day to you and a tip: start a little training session or even a race instead of wasting time for a smiley on this forum, I leave you here, Ibarra with a caterham waiting for me on the starting grid on ams;)

20. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +743
    @sebduloiret

I’d love to race in AMS again but due to the lack of VR I can’t right now. This was my favourite sim once. I reacted to your smiley because it can ridicule some things if you know what I mean…and FFB is really a matter of taste, there are so many variables that you just can’t say things like "good" or "bad". It all depends on your wheel, the settings, the ingame-settings, personal taste for wheel weight yada yada. Imo that’s a discussion which leads nowhere. Also everytime a news/thread/discussion about Iracing comes up you can bet that after 30 mins there will be the guys who don’t talk about the topic but moan about the costs. Again and again and again. :sleep:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.