Apps Making a clutch pedal work properly with a sequential shifter in AC. Do you need it?

Do you need to be able to use a sequential shifter as H-shifter in Assetto Corsa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi folks,

Recently I was occupied with making a solution which could help a sequential shifter work as H-shifter in AC. Here is some overview what it actually does and why it's needed.

Target Audience​

Simracers who has a sequential shifter (or use paddles) and don't have H-shifter.
H-shifter owners don't need this.

Why it's needed?​

tl;dr: AC simulates full clutch working on change gear only with H-shifter. That's why this app is need for a sequential shifter.

Because when you use (with disabled H-shifter) paddles or a sequential shifter for gears shifting, AC won't allow to brake your car transmission when you have to use a clutch pedal but you don't or don't do it properly.
Of course, it implies usage only for cars with an actual H-shifter on board (e.g. Mazda MX-5 Cup).
@adamb reported this in this thread. (just didn't get what PnG means there)
And when setup a race, defined "Auto-Clutch=OFF" it does not work — people with H-Shifter are still able to use Auto-Clutch, because they are forced to.

The App​

I wrote an app which listens calls from the sequential shifter and triggers virtual H-shifter which bound in AC. So, in a nutshell, your sequential shifter now may work as a H-shifter.

Useful?​

Do you think it's useful?
Would you like to have this solution and enjoy complete clutch emulation in AC with your sequential shifter?

Probably, it would be possible to cover (in future) this question: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...al-to-sequential-base-on-the-car-gear.254390/

How it works?​

Here is a high level design how it works:

SeqHShifterForAC.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly what I am looking for - the fact that auto-clutch is forced-on, independent on settings if you don't use a H-shifter, is really annoying for me. Looking forward to this app! Actually a vJoy with 8 buttons, that just triggers the buttons in sequential order with the actual up/down buttons, with no buttons pressed in between vJoy button 7 and 8 (neutral) would be sufficient, I don't see the need to actually read the current gear from AC and feed it into the app? Thanks in any case, looking forward to it!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.