Can AC auto-switch from manual to sequential base on the car gear?

I have a Fanatec ClubSport Sq 1.5 shifter on PC.
Is it possible to set the in-game options so that AC automatically switches from manual to paddleshift to sequential, according to the actual car gearbox configuration?

Or i have to do it manually each time i choose a certain car and reassign the paddles command to the sequential?

Thanks for the kind answers

You can map manual and paddleshifting or manual and sequential at the same time, you just can't map paddleshift & sequential. There are only about 2 cars in AC that use sequential shifters though so 99% of the time you'd want the manual+paddles layout.

If you use Content Manager you can independently assign bindings to paddles and sequential. Technically it's just duplicate available bindings for "shift up" and "shift down," as AC doesn't have any real technical distinction between paddles and sequential, but vanilla AC does not allow you to have multiple bindings for one command.

In vanilla AC, no you cannot set both.

Content Manager can switch saved controller profiles on a per-car basis.

You just need to save a controller preset for manual, paddles and seq. stick shifter with the "Save Preset" button on the bottom right of the controller settings page and can then assign those presets to cars on the "Drive" page:
1674292322446.png

You'll need to set it once per car, but Content Manager of course remembers it and then automatically loads the profile you chose for a car when you start a session.

Content Manager can switch saved controller profiles on a per-car basis.

You just need to save a controller preset for manual, paddles and seq. stick shifter with the "Save Preset" button on the bottom right of the controller settings page and can then assign those presets to cars on the "Drive" page:
View attachment 633040

You'll need to set it once per car, but Content Manager of course remembers it and then automatically loads the profile you chose for a car when you start a session.
Not necessary to do this on a per car basis.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 094952.jpg

Under Settings - Assetto Corsa - Controls - Buttons you have the above option. Make sure "Combine with Keyboard" is checked, and buttons assigned (in the right). Then you can map 2 different sets of controls for "next gear" and "previous gear."

Because AC doesn't internally distinguish paddles from sequential on the controls side it's up to you to use the "correct" set of bindings at the right time because both are active together, but setting it up this way means you do not need to do anything at all to change between different types of cars. Set it and forget it.

No switching presets necessary. I haven't changed my control bindings in literal years, there's no need for it.

Not necessary to do this on a per car basis.
In my defense, I also have a configuration for a dogleg gearbox, which makes switching presets necessary anyways, so I do it for all configurations. But you're correct, if one "only" needs sequential stick and paddles and manual H-pattern, assigning all buttons in one preset is way more convenient.

Thank you all... i've just discovered that the solution to my problem is pretty simple!

In the Fanalab control panel, you can flag the option to associate the two sequential inputs to the paddleshifts... easy as that, and it works perfectly! So, in game you can choose which one to use, they're both active on a car with no manual gearbox.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 65 57.0%