Make some confessions about yourself in this thread.

Well, the psychiatric results for testing came in and I'm neither depressed nor manic. The psychiatrists of my past misdiagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder and prescribed medicines that made me not work hard and eat a lot.

This doctor tells me I don't need to be on more medicine, but, I do need medicine to concentrate and he prescribed a medicine I will greatly need because, without it, I can only study two hours max.

Though, the results of one test confirmed that I have mild obsessive compulsive disorder, just as I anticipated. Though, according to my doctor, mild OCD is not much to worry about.

This new doctor has been good for my mental health. He also wants me to stay on disability benefits.

You know, whoever is reading this, let it be known that I have many interests, but, my father says to be good at one thing. That one thing is computers.

I like dogs, politics, sim racing, PC gaming, music, documentaries, and what not, but, I am not passionate about all of those like I am with technology.

I keep many interests to relate with people and to be seasoned and cultured.

I will never be as passionate about sim racing and real racing as users such as @Bram Hengeveld. @Hiroshi Awazu, @Tom Endres, @Manuel De Samaniego, @Lars Brugman, @Erik Tveit, @Linus Broström, @Scott Webber, @Omer Said and many others.

I'm not that great at sim racing, and, even if I have that wheel and racing seat, I still won't be at par with all of you guys no matter how much I try.

Am I missing something because some of you may be deathly passionate about sim racing, but, you manage to be well-versed in other interests.

Is this an Aspergers' quality I have or can anyone do it like some of you?

Look, if you feel like I'm tagging you guys just to get attention, go ahead and think that, and, ignore this post if you must; I was citing all of you guys as examples of sim racing and real racing gurus.
I just wonder how some people, especially @Tom Endres manage to be such an expert, and yet still go on to be well-versed in other interests. :unsure:

I'm talking about you boys as if you are superhumans. But, we are all with flaws.

EDIT - And just in case anyone asks, no, I do not want to see your downfalls. I'm a good person who appreciates finesse in anything. :)

@Mohammed Abidi

I don't consider myself to be a real racing guru. To be honest i really don't follow or watch a whole lot of motorsports which may sound a bit weird seeing that i'm a member of a racing site.

I don't have much knowledge about what is going on these days in motorsports so you won't see me discussing the topic too much but there are other things that interest me here such as the Off Topic, GT Legends and Race 07 forums and i just like the people here, lot of great members :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Mohammed Abidi
To enjoy sim-racing, you don't need to have racing skills. I can say that easily because i'm such a person. I have never come close to the leading drivers in any racing club event. And most of the time i used my keyboard to race. Tried G27 for a short period, but there was no room to place it properly and it did not give me the advantage i always dreamt about, and keyboard was more comfortable for me to drive, so that i sold it :D. But even tough i just struggle around the backpack, i enjoy whenever i race. Finishing a race is an enough enjoyment. So i believe you should also just try to have fun. No one born a racer, so practicing may even take you to midfield.

I think people you count can have different interests because they are not too much passionate on one specific thing. Everybody can have different interests as long as you don't get obssessed with just one.

I am also a guy who does not have a big interest in real life motorsport. I may occasionally watch some BTCC, GT1/GT3 on YouTube. And thats it. I don't even have a driver license. I practically have zero knowledge when it comes to cars in general. I don't have deep knowledge when it comes to set-ups. I know some things, but I honestly believe I could improve alot if I knew what all the things did. I have read alot of guides, but still I have no clue to some stuff. And I race everyday :whistling::rolleyes:

I graduated from the university a couple of months ago. I'm a Russian language major. Despite of this I love to learn foreign langauges and I like to teach languages I know other people. I got married in June. I've been trying to settle down in the new life from the very first day I left my parents' home. At the moment I'm doing good. A couple of days ago I've been to Chernobyl :cool: to get some "light" (if you know what I mean) as an interpreter. Simracing has been my passion since 2006 when Robert Kubica participated in a F1 race for the first time. I belong to a very small group of simracers who prefer 100% realism in simgames and I'm not happy with current simracing situation. That's why I'm waiting patiently for Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 hoping they grant my realism demands. I've learnt everything related to simracing on my own. My biggest passion is racing telemetry which I learn on my own. I'd like to work in a real racing team in the future. Some time ago I started uploading videos on my yt channel on telemetry basics as well as on new approach to simracing. In one of my vidoes you can see a wall painted by my wife ;). I follow F1 and Porsche Super Cup seiries. That's how my life looks like.

Last edited:
I am the slowest guy in my respective F1 2013 league. I'm on average eleven seconds slower than the leader. If I am very slow in F1 2013, I'll be even slower in sims that aim for realism because those sims are not very forgiving of error.

Aside from not being able to grasp the setups like Daniel a couple of posts above me, I have no confidence in my car, because, since there are no aids, I spend my time just making sure I don't make a mistake.

I brake perhaps early, I don't put enough gas to gain as much speed through the corners out of fear of losing grip for the car, and, I'm too gentle with the car; I need to be a little more aggressive, but, at the same time, be the master of my car. :unsure:

I'll admit, I have to like myself if I want to be a more likable person. I also need to learn to make people feel like they are worth my company.

I wish I was better with people.

I'm like a dog, I enjoy the company of people, I want to listen more to others (easier said than done), and, if I'm lonely, it is like separation anxiety.

I have to prove myself that I am a man and I need to prove to myself that I can get the girl.

My mom has been strict in the past about who I date, but, I feel that if I talk to her, I can successfully persuade her.

My instincts tell me I need to prove to everyone that I can get the girl, because, quite honestly, I could make hundreds of friends and attract women, but, I don't utilise my likability to its fullest extent.

I have to prove myself that I am a man and I need to prove to myself that I can get the girl.
First and foremost you need to stop putting pressure on yourself.
My mom has been strict in the past about who I date, but, I feel that if I talk to her, I can successfully persuade her.
Your mom should have no say in who you date, so no matter if you're talking to her about it or not: just go your own way.
My instincts tell me I need to prove to everyone that I can get the girl, because, quite honestly, I could make hundreds of friends and attract women, but, I don't utilise my likability to its fullest extent.
You don't have to prove anything, as long as you're happy everything's alright. If you're not, well then you gotta change things for sure - but you know that already. :)

First and foremost you need to stop putting pressure on yourself.

Your mom should have no say in who you date, so no matter if you're talking to her about it or not: just go your own way.

You don't have to prove anything, as long as you're happy everything's alright. If you're not, well then you gotta change things for sure - but you know that already. :)

Thank you, Tom for your encouraging words.

Firstly, I don't want to be lonely anymore. The thing is the Islamic faith is very strict about men and women dating. That is one of the reasons I've forsaken my beliefs.

Secondly, I will be assertive, kind when the situation calls for it, tough when the situation calls for it, flirt occasionally, take her out when the moment is right, be myself, make her laugh, and, most importantly, be confident no matter what.

Thirdly, I want to have game so I can find my lioness and serve her like a king serves his queen.

Once again, you're right Tom. I should not put pressure, I have nothing to prove to anyone, it's just that this lion needs to interact with more females.

I know what you mean Mohammed. I have been single since late 2004.
I'm not an expert on all the religions out there, but I know some are very strict.
I'm not religious person. I am in fact the opposite. But that is another topic.

Nine years, that is very long time to be single. I'm not afraid of getting close to someone, but I'm afraid of ruin that other person's life. As you know, I'm suffering from both Anxiety and Depression. And let me tell you, that is not really hawt in females eyes :sneaky:

I have ofc had my flirts and some "lets share the bed tonight".
I do really want a girlfriend, but it also scares me a little. Most of my friends have it, and everytime I visit them, there is always this fuss between them. I don't know how many times I have asked them to shut the f*** up and then they look at me like I'm retarded. :roflmao:

But this fuss back and forth, I just can't stand it. Especially if it's just about the tiny stuff that has no meaning what so ever.

Confession about ourselves, nice!

Well, it would be more like a story, but like a little kid, i used to race my friends on bicycles all-around the neighborhood, driving on stopwatch, driving on full basketball field size we used to creat small track with stones as turns, we made races and i used to go hard on everyone so everytime they saw me they moved aside, of course i won most of them :D etc, so many times i could have been hurt either from a car or me going in some fence hard. My elder neighbor used to call me Niki Lauda, saying "hey ur kid is driving like Niki Lauda(like mad) he can get hurt someday" and once my old man heard that my bike was dead with tyres cut, so i used to buy new tyres, money i spared from the one they gave me for lunch while i was going in primary school.

As the time passed those things were gone, i was free to do them but we grown up and didn't used to do the same things we did then. We were meanwhile, when couldn't elsewhere, racing on computers, F1 Challenge mainly and i loved to beat them :) but we drove on keyboards only, gather 8-9 guys in one net-cafe trying to drive race by race in our mini-championship. And it was awful! Then i hoped that one day we will have one store full of simulators with steering wheels and i could race, properly, virtually like we used to while being just kids, in a Championship. That store opened and every thing i wished on that matter came true. Now i am the first Champion out of that professional and sponsor covered, organized league in my country.

I love my family very much, but, they always get on my nerves (My father does not bother me that much, though)

My mother and sister always pester me about doing stuff around the house, and, they always boss me around or make me carry so many heavy things for overhauling my house. Every week, there is always some big project my mother wants to do for the house, and, there is so little time to get away from her. Whenever my mother or sister call me, they always have something for me to do, and, sometimes, I wish I could get away from all of it. Also, my mother is more scared of me traveling alone than she is with my brother and sister, and, she always wants me go with someone. I want to tell her I am 23, and there are many people my age who travel alone; I also want to tell her to stop treating me like a kid, but, I guess this is what I get for being the youngest. Whenever my sister leaves the house, everything is more peaceful and I don't really talk to my mother or brother because they drive me insane. I wish they would let me live my life, but, they always have something that needs to be taken care of. I also told them if they hook me up with a Muslim girl, I will cut off all contact from them. I am afraid to tell my sister about how I feel about faith, but, I get the feeling her head will explode. I can talk to my mother comfortably now, but, there is still a little air that needs to be cleaned up.

My brother, I can't talk about how I feel without him making a smart-alecky comment, and, I also feel like he's always there and always wanting to know everything I'm doing.

As I said, I feel that my family is always there and does not leave me alone. I really want to get away from them, but, they keep telling me that life will be difficult if I don't keep in contact with family. I don't want to kick them out, but, I am losing my patience for them.

Sorry, everyone, I was just venting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back