• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Mak-Corp '91 Group C @ Salzburgring - Thu 14 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Feb 8, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 14-02-19
  1. Antmerino

Antmerino
    racingclub.es, 900grados.es Premium

Ratings:
    +176
    I do not think I will arrive for the practice, I will try to be in the qualy

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,710
    OK mate, thank you for letting us know. :)

3. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +988
    Had to drop out there, i managed to get the ffb a little better, but it wasn't good enough for me to be confident enough to last a whole race unfortunately.

I'll try again for the GT's tomorrow.

Have a good race chaps!

4. Pauli Ahonen

Pauli Ahonen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    Sorry i couldn't do the start, i wasn't prepared. My clutch was not mapped properly.

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +778
    Big grats to all taking the checker flag :)

The first qualification was close as I got pole with the exact same time as Pauli, 1:05.997.
    Not sure here if the resolution is actually higher inside rF2 or how it works :confused:

The rolling start would have been great, but it did not work as expected. On 2nd try I slowed down a bit more to compress the field but it did not help.

Event restarted for standing start and 2nd qualify, with P2 as result. Got a good start and was ahead into T1, but then race was restarted. Got away good in start number 2, but noticed there was a incident with pole sitter Pauli in my rear mirror.

The Porsche had no chance making the 40 minutes without reducing boost, but really, how fun is that :thumbsdown:

So I decided to go full boost and refuel even if I was pretty sure it would not be enough difference in speed to keep the position. After my pitstop I got out at position 4 but as I tried to push hard a mistake was done and I went down to 5 or 6.

At least I had a big smile on my face when boosting past all fuel savers :D

Great cars, and as always these events are a enjoyment :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Øyvind Andersen

Øyvind Andersen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +144
    This was a sad event, just chaos, I didn't get a clean round on the first qval, was run off the track several times, it may not be necessary and torpedoes other drivers on qval. I also did not show that we should not have a rolling start in 1 restart

7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,710
    There should be no overtaking in quali. If you come up behind a slower driver, you should back off and leave a gap - unless that driver is on an out lap, or not on a hot lap (if they spoiled their lap, they should not be in the way of somebody on a fast lap).
    When the rolling start malfunctioned, I was frantically trying to let everybody know what was happening. I'm very sorry that I didn't make you aware of what was going on. I should have typed it as well as tell everybody on TS, but time was ticking. Sorry mate. :(

8. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Thanks @Denis Betty for the event. Even though the start had a few glitches the over all combo was a nice drive. I was not at the front at the start, nor checked any replays but maybe some were a little too anxious/aggressive... before getting past the first chicane.

Cheers to all drivers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.