rF2 Mak-Corp '91 Group C @ Salzburgring - Thu 14 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'd like to have a go, but when on the server tonight trying some lappage i found that the ffb on my Porsche went all weird at the end of the long back straight so i wasn't in control. I tried it with max aero at the front too, just to check that wasn't the issue. Vid below:

It's not very often i crash in simracing, but i was flying off the track constantly at the same corner because the ffb went floaty and weird!
Have you tried the tuning menu for the car when you select it? There are I believe ten ffb settings...5 is default... I used 3 but that was in the sauber

I'd like to have a go, but when on the server tonight trying some lappage i found that the ffb on my Porsche went all weird at the end of the long back straight so i wasn't in control. I tried it with max aero at the front too, just to check that wasn't the issue. Vid below:

It's not very often i crash in simracing, but i was flying off the track constantly at the same corner because the ffb went floaty and weird!
Is that the Mazda? I've run quite a few laps now, on default setup, and not experienced that. The Porsche seems fine, to me too. I tried the Sauber, but found it a bit more of a handful. It was faster in a straight line, but the rear wheels overtook me, out of the blue on one occasion. @Stig Bidstrup was fast in the Sauber though, maybe he can help?

Is that the Mazda? I've run quite a few laps now, on default setup, and not experienced that. The Porsche seems fine, to me too. I tried the Sauber, but found it a bit more of a handful. It was faster in a straight line, but the rear wheels overtook me, out of the blue on one occasion. @Stig Bidstrup was fast in the Sauber though, maybe he can help?

It was the Porsche. I feel it’s more of an rf2 ffb issue than the mod to be honest.

That’s really strange I had a shot of the Porsche last night dropped the rear wing by 1 click ffb was set to 2 in the tuning menu was doing clean laps without any issue and was getting similar times too the Mazda.
Yes the ffb is very strong with these cars but that right hander at the end of the long sweeping straight is far too bumpy imo even with the Studio 397 GTE and GT3 its pretty brutal would not be surprised if the ffb is also clipping with them.

Last edited:
The ffb doesn’t feel too strong though, it just feels bizarre at times! After running automobilista for a few weeks I’m seeing the ffb in rf2 as being a bit vague. I’ll try and have a look at it again tonight.

The ffb doesn’t feel too strong though, it just feels bizarre at times! After running automobilista for a few weeks I’m seeing the ffb in rf2 as being a bit vague. I’ll try and have a look at it again tonight.
Well Martin Fiala doesn't like the FFB in this mod. Can't say I've noticed anything untoward though. I'm using FFB level 1 now, and I've dropped the rear wing to 3. Maybe too much rear wing is making the front go light at speed? Like I said, the Sauber bit me in the arse once, but the Porsche and Mazda have been predictable.

Will drop in if I can, not 100% though.
Great, I hope you can make it. :)
Should be good car to learn a new track. Count me in.
Isn't the Mercedes a little overpowered?
I believe the recent update was intended to balance performance a little between cars? Anyway, I find it a bit of a handful. For me, I think the Mazda is a safer bet. Better drivers may well be able to drive the Sauber/Merc fast and without crashing... Time will tell, I guess. :D

Well Martin Fiala doesn't like the FFB in this mod. Can't say I've noticed anything untoward though. I'm using FFB level 1 now, and I've dropped the rear wing to 3. Maybe too much rear wing is making the front go light at speed? Like I said, the Sauber bit me in the arse once, but the Porsche and Mazda have been predictable.

Rear wing was at 0!:whistling:

OK I'm stummped. The only place I come off the gas in that section, is the final, fast right hander. I have to lift a touch, then a quick squirt of full gas, before braking for the sharp right (hairpin?).

Me too, but at the final kink before that right hander I almost always lose control through not getting any feedback. It’s really annoying! Hope to find a solution tonight, if not I won’t be able to take part as it’s too dangerous :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%