Major issue with T-LCM pedals - throttle and clutch get stuck

Hi, I use T-LCM pedals connected via USB together with G29 wheel (i don't have a thrustmaster wheel).

The issue is that my pedals randomly "disconnect" from my PC when not only playing, but just testing them in the Calibration Software. The throttle pedal gets stuck at either 0 or 100% and there is nothing I can do. Same goes for the clutch pedal. The brake pedal remains working, though. They don't disconnect completely as the brake pedal remains working and they're visible in the Device Manager. The blue led light at the back is still there. Calibration Software stops detecting them and I have to plug them again. But it works only for a while.

But it happens over and over again.
What I did:
-changed USB ports (I tried all of them - no result)
-replaced the USB cable (they're recognised but no input)
-flashed my BIOS in case it's USB support problem (no result)
-tried different version of Windows 10 (no result)
-I took the whole PC apart and then rebuilt again (no result)

HOWEVER, I tested those pedals on 2 different computers and they worked perfectly fine. So I'm sure it's something related to my PC, but I have no idea.

Please help, I'll appreciate any kind of help. I'm about to freak out 'cause I have no idea what should I do and I can't race. I've literally tried everything.

PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO MSI B450M mortar
RTX 2060
2x8 GB RAM DDR4

I believe my issue was with the firmware, my wheel was 6.0 version just updated yesterday to 8.0 no issues now, but need way more testing and if there is like a month without problems I'll be happy.

Upvote 0
Merhaba, USB üzerinden bağlanan T-LCM pedallarını G29 tekerleği ile birlikte kullanıyorum (itme tekerleğim yok).

Sorun şu ki, pedallarım sadece oynarken değil, aynı zamanda Kalibrasyon Yazılımında test ederken bilgisayarımdan rastgele "bağlantıyı kesiyor". Gaz pedalı %0 veya %100'de sıkışıyor ve yapabileceğim hiçbir şey yok. Aynı şey debriyaj pedalı için de geçerli. Yine de fren pedalı çalışmaya devam ediyor. Fren pedalı çalışmaya devam ettikçe ve Cihaz Yöneticisi'nde göründüklerinden tamamen ayrılmazlar. Arkadaki mavi led ışık hala orada. Kalibrasyon Yazılımı onları algılamayı durdurur ve tekrar takmam gerekir. Ancak sadece bir süre çalışır.

Ama bu tekrar tekrar olur.
Ne yaptım:
-USB bağlantı noktalarını değiştirdim (hepsini denedim - sonuç yok)
-USB kablosu değiştirildi (tanınıyorlar ancak giriş yok)
-USB desteği sorunu olması durumunda BIOS'um yanıp söndü (sonuç yok)
-Windows 10'un farklı bir sürümünü denedim (sonuç yok)
-Tüm bilgisayarı ayırdım ve sonra tekrar inşa ettim (sonuç yok)

ANCAK, bu pedalları 2 farklı bilgisayarda test ettim ve mükemmel çalıştılar. Bu yüzden bilgisayarımla ilgili bir şey olduğundan eminim, ama hiçbir fikrim yok.

Lütfen yardım edin, her türlü yardım için teşekkür ederim. Çıldırmak üzereyim çünkü ne yapmam gerektiği hakkında hiçbir fikrim yok ve yarışamam. Kelimenin tam anlamıyla her şeyi denedim.

KİŞİSEL BİLGİSAYAR:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO MSI B450M harç
RTX 2060 SERISI
2x8 GB RAM
DDR4Arjantini
act DevamCESARET

Hi, I use T-LCM pedals connected via USB together with G29 wheel (i don't have a thrustmaster wheel).

The issue is that my pedals randomly "disconnect" from my PC when not only playing, but just testing them in the Calibration Software. The throttle pedal gets stuck at either 0 or 100% and there is nothing I can do. Same goes for the clutch pedal. The brake pedal remains working, though. They don't disconnect completely as the brake pedal remains working and they're visible in the Device Manager. The blue led light at the back is still there. Calibration Software stops detecting them and I have to plug them again. But it works only for a while.

What I did:

HOWEVER, I tested those pedals on 2 different computers and they worked perfectly fine. So I'm sure it's something related to my PC, but I have no idea.

Please help, I'll appreciate any kind of help. I'm about to freak out 'cause I have no idea what should I do and I can't race. I've literally tried everything.

PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO MSI B450M mortar
RTX 2060
2x8 GB RAM DDR4

What I did:

PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO MSI B450M mortar
RTX 2060
2x8 GB RAM DDR4
Dear Metelele please check to PDF file. it happens coz, Firmware lost and you need to request "TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf" file from Thrustmaster support. if you share your e-mail also I can send you. I could not attach here coz file system.
with my best regards

Attachments

• T-LCM Bootloader Method.pdf
    332 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0
Issue came back! But not a stuck wide open throttle; the throttle pedal becomes unresponsive and the clutch pedal activates the throttle but as through the clutch is on or tranny in neutral; no drive.

Tried connecting a ground wire from system chassis to back of throttle pedal. Made the issue happen faster after reset. So that is not a fix. I am reseting the pedal by touching the pedal with a metal rod.

I rebooted and I reset the mode button. But it happened again. I reset the pedal again.

Finally I got a few online laps in racing with GPL.

How strange the issue seems to return every 2 weeks or so? (20 days or so this time. But the issue did happen during offline GPL practice a week ago but after a reset was fine until this evening.)

The issue does seem to happen with GPL more.

Well ... I can 1- open the pedals and 2- i can talk to TM support. Other option: 3- Run the pedals direct to USB instead of rj12 ... ??

These are the only 3 options left.

PH

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Issue came back! But not a stuck wide open throttle; the throttle pedal becomes unresponsive and the clutch pedal activates the throttle but as through the clutch is on or tranny in neutral; no drive.

Tried connecting a ground wire from system chassis to back of throttle pedal. Made the issue happen faster after reset. So that is not a fix. I am reseting the pedal by touching the pedal with a metal rod.

I rebooted and I reset the mode button. But it happened again. I reset the pedal again.

How strange the issue seems to return every 2 weeks or so? (20 days or so this time. But the issue did happen during offline GPL practice a week ago but after a reset was fine until this evening.)

Well ... I can 1- open the pedals and 2- i can talk to TM support. Other option: 3- Run the pedals direct to USB instead of rj12 ... ??

PH
Just reading Mustafa's post above ... TM have a T-LCM pedal update file included in a TH8A shifter firmware package?? :cautious: Wha??

1st question: Where will the 'attached "TLCMPEDALS_S32F373_v2_03.tmf" file be? What folder do I look in after running the exe and restarting the PC ??
2nd question: Steps in PDF for running updater after plugging in the pedals in boot loader method seem incomplete as per the pressing of the pairing button. When to release button? What happens when button released? will LED come on again ??
PH

Upvote 0
Time just ticks by trying to fix issues like this! I figure I've just put in 4 hours just researching info, looking for files and other forum posts and that's just tonight!

... If the .tmf file is 'attached' somehow to the shifter firmware .exe package .... why would we need to request this file from TM support? Is it included or no?

... a 'pedal' firmware update file that can only be found in a 'shifter' firmware update?? Is it just me or is this the nuttiest thing ever??:speechless:

PH

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1066209

I've read all of your posts and am amazed at your resolve to get these pedals working for you.

I know you may not want to hear this, but maybe it's time to consider upgrading pedals? If I were in your shoes, I would surely be aggravated at their unreliability.

I apologize if this advice is unwanted, but it's the best I can give. I have no experience with the T-LCM, although I have plenty with the T3PAs (which is a nice pedal set in terms of reliability). It's a shame the T-LCM fails to live up to the T3PA in that regard.

Upvote 0
I've read all of your posts and am amazed at your resolve to get these pedals working for you.

I know you may not want to hear this, but maybe it's time to consider upgrading pedals? If I were in your shoes, I would surely be aggravated at their unreliability.

I apologize if this advice is unwanted, but it's the best I can give. I have no experience with the T-LCM, although I have plenty with the T3PAs (which is a nice pedal set in terms of reliability). It's a shame the T-LCM fails to live up to the T3PA in that regard.
Lets see if this issue gets resolved. I think it will. The T LCM are fine pedals in every other detail. When they work they're excellent. I am hard at work on Mustafa's latest post info. Will report.

From the TM pdf text Mustafa has provided, its obvious that TM support are aware of the issue and so I think in time a permanent fix will be found.

The T 300 ecosystem is only intended to keep me racing until some direct drives and their eco systems become affordable for a future upgrade. But I am overall extremely pleased with the T 300/ Th8A/T-LCM combo. Lets hope it can hold out until hyper inflation ends.

PH

Upvote 0
I am constantly checking with the Thrustmaster support, but we just couldn't figure out the problem. The EMI keeps popping and pedals get stuck.
Ferrite cores came to mind as far as reducing EMI. I notice there are no such cores on the T 300/T-LCM wires. These ferrite cores or coils are readily available and may be worth a try if Mustafa's info doesn't fix the issue.

Did TM support offer the boot loader fix as Mustafa posted?

PH

Upvote 0
Ferrite cores came to mind as far as reducing EMI. I notice there are no such cores on the T 300/T-LCM wires. These ferrite cores or coils are readily available and may be worth a try if Mustafa's info doesn't fix the issue.

PH
The Thrustmaster Support said that this article that Mustafa posted was probably deleted from their website, as it is old and no longer a good idea to do, as they say and might cause further issues.

However none of the troubleshooting we did helped me resolve my problem and I am getting super super annoyed right now, as I can't trust my pedals and do any content for social media.

If they get stuck in the middle of a recording or something I am soooo badly ****ed it is unbelievable.

Do you have any ideas or advices what might work to fix that crap?

How is it going so far for you?

Thank you for providing feedback for so long regarding this problem, it's been really helpful!

Upvote 0

PH
TM advised against the article Mustafa posted, as outdated and that the software is not the problem.

TM also advised to use the USB cable, as they mentioned it had "grounding" or some ****.

Will post what they said to me here later.

Upvote 0

PH
Well here it is the final messages between me and Thrustmaster support after on going 2 months back and forth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-06-23-44-42-961_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-06-23-44-42-961_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_2022-05-06-23-46-08-772_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-06-23-46-08-772_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_2022-05-06-23-47-03-947_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-06-23-47-03-947_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0

PH
2 weeks you had no issues? God damn thats a blessing for me it pops every damn day and I am getting super upset.

I do drive a lot to be honest and it's about 3-4 hours a day average and some days going nuts especially when im out of work.

I honestly am lost with this.
I've got no clue what to do. Could my usb Hub cause the issue. I saw that having my new usb hub plugged into the PC causes the issue to occur more often, also my PC is now swarmed and completely full of USB's as TM advises everything to be plugged there.

I am even planning on trying to run no usb hub and see if it reduces the EMI.

Could it be so my shoes friction when I drift causes the emi on the pedals.

I didn't test the issue with that. I also bought the rubber pads for the T-LCM and am thinking if they will help reduce or neutralize the problem, if somehow a static energy or some EMI crap goes on with friction between my shoes and pedal face.

I will throw the rubbers on tomorrow and see how it goes.

Also play with relocating all the USB **** since all my usb PC slots are full.

I've read also watched video that a pc geek explains that, when you shutdown your PC sometimes everything is lights off, however when tested the PC it ia actually powered, but in hibernation mode kinda.

Could that also have some **** to do with this?!? I dunno, but I do a restart every now and then cause when I start the PC and it goes slow etc than usual I know that windows sometimes doesn't load the registry correctly and a restart fixes that problem, but this is not directly connected to the problem so sorry for putting some kinda pointless info, in case you have same issues that I do this will help. I will link a video for that.

But the T-LCM pedals give me headache being plug and play I just want to really not waste time on dumb stuff locating issues and playing the off work "tech guy" digging in the net all day all night.

Upvote 0

PH
Thats for the shutdown thing of the PC in case you face that someday.

Upvote 0
the shutdown thing
Certainly, for anyone with an solid state C: drive, disabling hibernate and fast boot totally makes sense, not only by enabling clean starts, but also nearly as quickly, since fast boot mainly reduced disk seek times, which basically do not exist with SSDs.

Upvote 0
Hi All, Having the same issues since I installed my CDL DD on Firday. Gutted as I did not see this being a issue after the pedals being so good and steady for the last 9 months since I got them.

Why does the TM website show the following?

Is the update thing not legtiamte / a phising scam?

1652013794403.png

Upvote 0
Hi All, Having the same issues since I installed my CDL DD on Firday. Gutted as I did not see this being a issue after the pedals being so good and steady for the last 9 months since I got them.

Why does the TM website show the following?

Is the update thing not legtiamte / a phising scam?

View attachment 565330
Well they really are plug and play, but it's just very upsetting with this problem which seems to be EMI thing and I hope it is not my PC causing it, but as many people seems to have facing this issue now this brings me to mind that there is a weakness to the pedals.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies