AC Mad Transits! @ Lausitzring DTM - Wednesday 23rd December 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Any chance of changing from the Van !!!

to my every day transport.

045F3790-B0DC-4BF4-AA50-C542F8AB339A.jpeg

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
Great you can make it it Brian, welcome :thumbsup:

I have seen a Transit mod that's quick(er), but can't find it In the mods thread - it's got to be RD approved. :whistling:
We could ask Garry to give us a mad turbocharger version for Christmas?
It's really just a change of line... But of course it needs to be "official" for rd events so he'd need to do it.
But I'm not sure that he's into "unrealistic stuff for fun" :whistling::cautious:

I don't think he'd do it. His reply would probably that if we wanna Frankenstein his mod, we should just edit the line on our own as he wouldn't upload it as his official content.

To be fair I could understand him :roflmao:

Only possibility would be that I'd upload the turbo version somewhere and send the link via TeamSpeak just for us...
But I don't think we'd get everyone to update their cars correctly and in time for qualy :laugh:

I don't think he'd do it. His reply would probably that if we wanna Frankenstein his mod, we should just edit the line on our own as he wouldn't upload it as his official content.

To be fair I could understand him :roflmao:

Only possibility would be that I'd upload the turbo version somewhere and send the link via TeamSpeak just for us...
But I don't think we'd get everyone to update their cars correctly and in time for qualy :laugh:
That wouldve been awesome though!

The Ford EcoBoost twin-turbo engine was developed to produce 692bhp by Radical Performance Engines. These developments raised the van’s top speed from 102mph to in excess of 165mph

I have a little bit of time this morning, so I'll look at how to modify the power charts to be something in that region. I suspect that van has a few more mods though, so I might watch the documentary too https://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-the-worlds-fastest-van/on-demand/68159-001

@RasmusP I found a dyno chart for a modified ford eco engine here https://www.drivingline.com/articles/ecoboosted-adding-an-easy-60-hp-to-ford-s-twin-turbo-35l-v6/

Extrapolating out the torque on https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/ to get 690bhp with the default turbo settings I get a power.lut close to

Code:
2000|308
2500|513
3000|673
3500|650
4000|623
4500|609
5000|575
5500|513
6000|424

I'm just doing this for giggles. I am quite happy to race the normal van too :D

EDIT: not sure why it killed the link for the power helper site... here are the default settings I could see:

engine.ini
[TURBO_0]
LAG_DN=0.985
LAG_UP=0.9965
MAX_BOOST=1.000
WASTEGATE=0.71
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=0.71
REFERENCE_RPM=3000
GAMMA=5
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=1

ctrl_turbo.ini
[CONTROLLER_0]
INPUT=RPMS ; OVERSTEER_FACTOR REAR_SPEED_RATIO SLIPANGLE_FRONT_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_FRONT_MAX SLIPANGLE_REAR_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_REAR_MAX RPMS
COMBINATOR=ADD
LUT=(|0=0.0|2000=0.0|2500=1.2|3600=2.0|)
FILTER=0.99
UP_LIMIT=5000
DOWN_LIMIT=0.0

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering