rF2 Lotus Ford Cortina @ Manfield - Thu 23 Feb 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
cortina-oulton-jpg.605234

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server Password:
Sent via PM when you sign up.

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Voice chat is on Discord. Please join us - we'll do our very best to make you feel welcome - MORE INFO
HERE.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CORTINA

Cars: Lotus Ford Cortina '65, '66 (Download) Be sure to select the 180 HP engine in Upgrades whilst choosing a car.
A big thank you to @dylbie for the mod and for his permission for us to use Yves tweak (which is a fix for the misty windows bug). I would also like to thank @Luca Ciarfella for the flyer.

Track: Manfeild Circuit Chris Amon (Steam)

Practice:
20:00 UTC
Quali: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2: 21:05 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 25 slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. Paul_V
  3. Jim Carvalho
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold*
  5. Daniel R.
  6. max1966i
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Redvaliant
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Stig Bidstrup
  11. Stephen Gibb
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
*IMPORTANT*

A bug has crept in after an S397 update, whereby some modded cars now have slightly misty looking windows. The author of the mod has kindly given us permission to use a fix from @Yves Larose. You must download this version of the mod from the link in the OP in order to join the server. This version of the mod is for RD race clubs only, please do not repost it or share it outside of the club.

Thanks

@Luca Ciarfella ,@Kresh ,@Dean Maković ,@Steve Le Gallez ,@Stig Bidstrup ,@Lennart Groessl ,@ThreeLionz ,@rockracer ,@Paul_V ,@sam75 ,@paul75 ,@dbx71 Ken Scott ,@dbx7,@Stephen Gibb ,@pattikins ,@abecede ,@Jan Larsen ,@Jim Carvalho ,@vbomfim ,@SimApprentice21 ,@karan733 ,@PurgerUK, @Dylan Yates this car is a big favourite at the Thursday Historic Club. It's fun and reasonably driver friendly too. Please join us for this one if you can. If you'd like to pop on the server to try it out feel free to message me for the PW.

Hope to see some of you Thursday. :thumbsup:

This was the one with the weird FFB, wasn't it ?
On some DD wheels some mods get spikes over kerbs and large bumps but IIRC I dialed that out by running lower overall strength in my wheel software instead of turning down too much in game.

Server is up if you wanna try.

Last edited:
Hi Denis. Sign me up for this one. I just tested server all ok. For anyone's info, I had v.4 of the Lotus. Joining server auto downloaded and installed the newer version for me. Now V.5. Perfect.

Hi Denis. Sign me up for this one. I just tested server all ok. For anyone's info, I had v.4 of the Lotus. Joining server auto downloaded and installed the newer version for me. Now V.5. Perfect.
Great stuff Paul.
Thanks for the early sign up. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 127 70.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 43 23.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 18.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 36 19.9%