rF2 RaceDepartment Daytona 250 - Sun 19th Feb 2023 *Livestreamed/Broadcasted*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
EWienKa.png

Screenshot used for the flyer is taken by @Fabian Balle and shared on S397 forum
The 19th of February, is the big day in the NASCAR community. It is 'The Great American Race'. The Daytona 500! While doing the whole Daytona 500 would be very cool, it's even better to do the Daytona 250 as a warm-up for the real event. That means the RaceDepartment Daytona 250 will be finished before the green flag of the Daytona 500! First you can drive in our virtual event, then you can watch the real one! That's a win-win if there ever was one!
In addition to this, the race will be broadcasted, with commentators and all the goodies, jokes and greatness that is a part of this!

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: See conversation(PM) about it]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 500

Car(s): Stock Car 18 [STEAM]

Track:
Daytona - [DLC] Or [Q1 Pack] Or [2022 complete pack]
Layout:
Oval
Air Temperature: Real Life
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Dry
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Sunday 19 February 2023 *Note the earlier start time than usual races*
Practice: 16:00 UTC (45 minutes)
Qualifying: 16:45 UTC (10 minutes - PRIVATE - 2 Timed Laps)
Warm Up: 16:55 UTC (4 minutes)
Race: 17:00 UTC (100 Laps - time limited to 2hr30min - Green White Checkered does not apply if race ends on time!)

SuzukaGP2009.eb685cbd12f2aaf4740e0294174ba80c.png
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Qualifying will be a maximum of 2 timed laps.
  • In the unlikely case of more than 43 entries, qual will be on two separate servers and the fastest 43 will participate in the race.

DRIVER LIST (Unlimited Sign Ups - Max 43 in race)

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Jimlaad43
  3. Jan Larsen
  4. Lesley Buurlage
  5. akephoe
  6. joecronk
  7. Ingemar Petersson
  8. _Ken Scott
  9. Colin Peach
  10. Hartmut2
  11. groy1980
  12. Cosimo
  13. Smidgey
  14. Magnus Dahlgren
  15. Steve Le Gallez
  16. Yves Larose
  17. AlB_3010
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. ........

utp# 92 OMM

SERVER IS UP!

Broadcast-Crew!

For this event, we will have a live broadcast - it will be handled by Roy Magnes and Simon Smith. While the rF2-racers here at RaceDepartment will be quite familiar with Roy, Simon might be a bit unfamliar for people who hasn't been on RaceDepartment since before simracing was even considered halfway accepted by non-gamers. However, Simon has done loads of simracing commentary over the years. All the way back in 2010 and 2011 here at RaceDepartment.
An example is RaceDepartment Le Mans Series back in 2011:

In addition to having his own YouTube-channel where he puts out multiple videos a week:

Simon might be best (un)known as the guy who does the voiceover for all the Circuits Of The Past videos being posted on YouTube.

All in all, the broadcast is in safe hands with the Roy & Simon duo! :)

Yep, in :)

Setup supplied for people? I dont think that many knows how to setup an rf2 stock car, incl me :)

Also, yellow flags?

Calling @Jimlaad43 who tends to do some very beginner friendly oval setups! :)
Yellow flags indeed - which is why the race will have a time limit as well. We are using a custom made StockCarRules plugin, with some own modifications. Used that for three oval races so far at RD (2 NASCAR, 1 IndyCar), and not had a single problem :) The information on the screen is very easy to understand :)

EDIT: Well, technically we've used it for 2 IndyCar events, but the first one S397 had placed the Safety Car behind the wall, so it never actually got on to the track, but that's S397, not our fault!

Calling @Jimlaad43 who tends to do some very beginner friendly oval setups! :)
Yellow flags indeed - which is why the race will have a time limit as well. We are using a custom made StockCarRules plugin, with some own modifications. Used that for three oval races so far at RD (2 NASCAR, 1 IndyCar), and not had a single problem :) The information on the screen is very easy to understand :)
I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow

oyes im in :thumbsup:

:D Also, as I've mentioned in the OP. The race will end in time with the real Daytona. They expect the green flag so fly 19:30 UTC at Daytona - which in practice tends to be some minutes later. This race will end 19:30 UTC no matter what. (I mean, I'm gonna watch the Daytona 500 myself. Me and Ted Westerfors have deal every February! I watch the race, he talks! Hah)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back