AC Lotus 49 & Ferrari 312/67 @ Mexico Grand Primo 67 - Tue 31st Oct 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

OverTake
Premium
Lotus49.jpeg

Ferrari312-67.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In honour of this weekends F1 Mexico Grand Prix we're going back in time to 1967 Mexico with these two F1 cars of the same era.

The format will be 2x25mins races

mexico.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go
here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 BST (20:00 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Lotus 49
    • Ferrari 312/67
  • Track: Mexico Gran Premio 1967
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: not mandatory.

Useful Links:
Entry list:
Server is up

Great racing tonight. The cars are really not easy to drive. Sometimes I thought I was steering with gas and brake.

Here is the end of my second race:
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_312_67_4thgpmexico67_2023-10-31-22-37-23.jpg

I didn't even know that was possible. I couldn't continue driving either. Simply broken.

I had to double check that damage was on 10% (it was) - so a mega effort in destroying the car.

The small grids leads me to the conclusion that this car combo is too hard for the majority of our club. Shame as it is actually a fine car and rewards practice.

If people have suggestions for slightly easier classic cars then I'm willing to give them a go...

These cars on circuits like the old Silverstone are reasonable. To to put them on tight narrow circuits that have more obstacles than an assault course, is a recipe for disaster.
I like to spend 30min practicing, I don’t expect many off road excursions in that 30min, I did some practice here and turned up with just 30min of basically hitting walls and dissecting the car every time. I gave up and waited for the race, did exactly the same in practice and the race.
A big well done to Allan and all who sailed in her, especially those with less problems than me.:roflmao::roflmao:

I think it is a shame that there is not a bigger entry. I had a blast. My first race found me trying to hang on to Hank but i was over driving the car and started to make a few mistakes to finish third. Second race and i calmed down and stayed within a second or two from Allan and then on the last lap he hit the wall on the hairpin which found me in the rare position of being in front of him over the line.
Yes, they are hard to drive but rewarding when we get it right.
Colin, maybe the 25 is a bit easier to drive. Or maybe the porknose or the old Formula Ford?

Of course the ultimate classic open wheeler is the RSS F1 1970. It is a pay mod but it is without doubt the best driving car of that era. Comes with or without wings. We had full grids with it over on THR in a championship

Of course the ultimate classic open wheeler is the RSS F1 1970. It is a pay mod but it is without doubt the best driving car of that era. Comes with or without wings. We had full grids with it over on THR in a championship
That mod is only £3 so if we get some likes on this post I'll look to run it in a few race. So please like if you're interested.

Lotus 25 is also a good entry vehicle, bit easier to drive as well. It's very good at Sergio Loro's classic Watkins Glen as well. The Maserrati 250F is probably one of my favourite drives in AC, highly recommend that as well.

And well, any RSS vehicle is a delight. Currently the 1986 F1 is one of my favourite cars to take out for a quick lap or two.

That mod is only £3 so if we get some likes on this post I'll look to run it in a few race. So please like if you're interested.
I've raided my pocket money and splashed out on the RSS F1 1970 = what a great car to drive.

Due to Fat-Alfie races and holidays the earliest I can schedule this race is Tue 28th Nov!
I've setup server 3 with this car and Watkins Glen (no chicane for Ernie) - so start saving and then get some practice in :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 97 55.4%