Looking for best settings for drifting - Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition

Hi, just sold my Logitech G27 wheel, and bought Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition.
I'm looking for best setting for drifting (more precisely - for learning how to drift) for Assetto Corsa.
How to set properly Thrustmaster Control Panel, and settings in Assetto Corsa (just every needed software and Assetto) to enjoy drifting, and what's more - to not broke the wheel.

I have seen a lot of T300 Settings, but they were made for racing, not for drifting.

PS: What is this "clipping". I have read many descriptions of this, but i don't get it. What it exaclty is (in basic words), how to avoid it, and what can it do with my wheel?

Can't help with the first part as I don't have a T300, but clipping is when you hit the maximum ffb force the game can send to the wheel, even if the game thinks it's increasing past that, it can't add any more. Adjusting the game's gain affects when it happens. Adjusting the wheel's overall force affects what the maximum force feels like.

Most people put up with a little bit of clipping so that on the rest of the circuit the game can use more of the wheel's range of forces.

Can't help with the first part as I don't have a T300, but clipping is when you hit the maximum ffb force the game can send to the wheel, even if the game thinks it's increasing past that, it can't add any more. Adjusting the game's gain affects when it happens. Adjusting the wheel's overall force affects what the maximum force feels like.

Most people put up with a little bit of clipping so that on the rest of the circuit the game can use more of the wheel's range of forces.
Thanks for explanation. Now, i understand!

I keep my FFB the same for whatever I'm doing. That is, far under the clipping range, only really going close to clipping on very high G manoeuvres over kerbs and stuff. I have a G27 and hate when the gears clunk from excess force.
I don't really believe in "drifting specific" or "racing specific" settings. Not even decreasing the wheel rotation range: I keep mine 1:1 in all cases. Yeah, I do lose some lock in the ends.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back