rF2 Lola T70 Spyder (580 HP) @ Le Mans '67 - Thu 08 Jun 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
le-grande-jpg.383840

The 24 Hours of Le Mans is one of the most iconic races in Motor Racing and we are in the week leading up to the great race. So, we are run a couple of races around the Circuit de la Sarthe. Thursday's event gives you a chance to travel back in time and experience the feel of flying around the 1967 version of the track in a 580 HP Lola T70 race car at well over 200 mph/300 KPH. That should get the juices flowing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Voice chat is on Discord. Please join us - we'll do our very best to make you feel welcome - MORE INFO
HERE.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM T70
Server Password: See conversation(PM) about it

Cars: Lola T70 Spyder (Steam)

Track: Le Grande Circuit 1967 (Steam)

Practice: 19:00 UTC (20:00 UK local time)
Warm Up: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List - 25 slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. Kresh
  3. slideways
  4. Jim Carvalho*
  5. Rcbill28
  6. Redvaliant
  7. max1966i
  8. ThreeLionz
  9. dbx71
  10. Roy Magnes
  11. Monkey T*
  12. Steve Le Gallez
  13. PurgerUK
  14. Luca Ciarfella
  15. Stig Bidstrup
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
ATTENTION

Please can everybody be aware when signing up that this combo may not be a jump on the server, last minute, and wing it type of affair for every driver of any skill level. You may need to find an hour or two to practice and hone your setup etc.

The car is a BEAST and, if you choose the the most powerful engine option, has 580 HP. That's a lot for a car of this era. Please practice your starts - it's gonna be a war of attrition so let's not lose any drivers at the start.

@Steve Le Gallez swears blind that "you can win the race at the first corner" but I think it might be prudent if we all try to tippy toe around the first lap or so in order to keep the field as large as we can. Sorry Steve. ;)

I can say all of the above with some authority because we ran this same combo ~ 3 years ago. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lola-t70-spyder-le-mans-67-wed-24-jun-2020.186097/page-3

There is a link to my setup at that time on the event thread and the comments may give a bit of an insight into how things went on the night.

Please don't be put off - this will be FUN!
Pleeaeaeaeaeaese sign up, you will deffo enjoy it if you do. :D

Last edited:
I'm in thanks. These floaty boats will be hard work. But Float on.

Gemini, and my name is Daniel. I like a Lola that has too much power and not enough downforce. I like a Lola that has never met a corner where it's not in its mind to end its life and yours.
That's a favourite car of mine you're talkin about. ;)

ok, you twisted my arm... sign me up too!

normally, 'wing it' is my standard operating procedure. however, in this case, i will heed your advice, and recommend others to do so as well, about practicing up. we're racing these same cars in the AC club tomorrow, and they are no joke.

incidentally, i found i could actually put in better lap times with the less powerful ford version because it is easier to control...

I'm on holiday this week and the weather looks cracking. Doubt I'll get much practice but sign me up. I'll drop the aero, switch off the abs and turn the traction to zero, should be fine......... just kidding.
Now we're cookin on gas. :p
Yes please Denis sign me up please sir
WD Joe. :thumbsup:
ok, you twisted my arm... sign me up too!

normally, 'wing it' is my standard operating procedure. however, in this case, i will heed your advice, and recommend others to do so as well, about practicing up. we're racing these same cars in the AC club tomorrow, and they are no joke.

incidentally, i found i could actually put in better lap times with the less powerful ford version because it is easier to control...
A pleasure to have you join us - as always. :)

Last edited:
I'm getting "track limits" penalties along the front straight. Can that be turned off?

"If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk."
Anybody else getting this?

Think I can turn track limits off if it's a problem.
Shame though as you get plenty of chances before you get a penalty.
Just discourages people from systemtic abuse IMO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back