F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

the game should come whit a frigen engineer between the wheel settings and the rapture 3d settings ( whitch nobody knows how to optimise ) im spending all my time looking for answers instead of playing the game . now if you will excuse me im gona try all those wheel settings and try to do a lap before saturday :mad: !

Any idea how to solve the lost of feel midcorner in my steering wheel.
For example in Parabolica i turn in. All good but when i turn abit more the wheel gets very light. Very annoying.

I get this too but an opposite effect, e.g. I go into Parabolica with a light wheel and then when I turn it more it grabs and I have to hold onto it and then going down the straight I have to hold the wheel as the car is pulling to the left big time and then all of a sudden the force releases into a neutral feel (very light again). My G27 works fine in all other games including Dirt3 and I've tried a few changes as suggested in this thread, but still this is unacceptable as I've had to turn FFB off in order to drive.

I've had this issue with Rfactor in the past and that was due to the FFB setting being inversed i.e. I changed it from +86 to -86 and it was fine after that.

Anyone else have this with this game?

These are the settings I use with my Logitech G25 and I think it feels gr8. :D

wheel.jpg

F1_20112011-09-2223-31-33-10.jpg

F1_20112011-09-2223-31-41-73.jpg

Im giving up with this now lol,

sitting with 300 degrees
100 overall
75 springs and damper
0 percent centering
allow change

4% steering sat

FFB

Just wish it was simpler to sort out my setup, 2010 validated my decision to buy a £200 steering wheel I wish 2011 would as well

I get this too but an opposite effect, e.g. I go into Parabolica with a light wheel and then when I turn it more it grabs and I have to hold onto it and then going down the straight I have to hold the wheel as the car is pulling to the left big time and then all of a sudden the force releases into a neutral feel (very light again). My G27 works fine in all other games including Dirt3 and I've tried a few changes as suggested in this thread, but still this is unacceptable as I've had to turn FFB off in order to drive.

I've had this issue with Rfactor in the past and that was due to the FFB setting being inversed i.e. I changed it from +86 to -86 and it was fine after that.

Anyone else have this with this game?

Yes I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

This bloody game has screwed up my G27. When it calibrates it now sounds like a grinding wheel and when turning the wheel in game I a strange noise coming from inside the casing. My wheel has been fine with every game I've played untill I played F1 '11 yesterday. This game is garbage and David is right, the G27 feels like ***** in this game.

Almost got it sorted and I found the opposite to what everyone seems to be setting, here is what I found works the best for *me*.

sitting with 320 degrees
100 overall
0 springs and damper
0 percent centering
allow change

0% steering sat

FFB setting are all at 40% but these settings don't seem to effect my original issue so I think you can adjust these to your liking.

As per another post on these forums I also ran the wheel setup again and went through selecting turn left, turn right and so forth.

Hope this helps.

dcb1ca636f2795706a7ac62e39479e8caec5aa79.jpg

To remove the slack area in the middle you have to set overall effects strength to over 100%, stuff set to 0 in that profile doesn't make any difference with a wheel, or at least the DFGT.

Force is way to strong with F1 2011 + DFGT, F1 2010 was good.

I'm also testing different setups on PS3. I have now everything to 0% only steering linearity to 35%.

My FFB setiing is:
enviromantal 20%
strenght 80%
wheel weight 50%

It's feeling better, but i think everything can be a lot better. Please let me know if you find a good setup. GRTZ.

Is it possible to make a topic special for PS3 g27 settings? thanks.

k getting closer

profiler
315 degrees (1:1!!!)
100 overall effects
75 spring
75 damper
100 centering spring (not a fan of auto center but its helping)

In-game
0 for everything

FFB

Feels great but still not quite it, will stick to this for now and try and learn the new handling. If anyone finds a better set-up please post it here!

Edit
BTW I run no assists (expert mode) for my setup and haven't even started trying out car setups yet.
where is this profiler cause i thought about changing the profiiler settings as well

I was reading up on this thread and remembered this from Ferrari Virtual Academy. Just thought some here might find it interesting...
[FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]www.ferrarivirtualacademy.com/game/en/manuale.jsp

Note: some controllers don't support a sufficient rotation: the Ferrari F10's steering wheel ratio is 13:1 - 400° total rotation. If your controller does not rotate more than 200°, the rotation will be adequately multiplied.

I realize this is for the RL F10, but I find it interesting. I set up my G25 to 400 deg for that game and it synched perfectly and handling felt great. Doubt that it so for F1 2011, but I'm going to give it a shot when I get home from work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.