F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

Well I thought I would try it out.

1.5 made the pedal far too sensitive, like a hair trigger, lots of spinning, and in game showed as 50% saturation.
0.5 no question of a doubt made the pedal less sensitive, to the extent I couldn't even seem to reach top speed as my ghost was leaving for dead. In game showed 0% sat so it had obviously moved it into negative value.

I would have thought you would have been able to tell the difference as even 1.5 made things pretty undrivable. As did 0.5, but that also seemed to lose you revs. The car would still happily scream into the purples but it was as if you could never give it full gas, almost like a top end of travel dead zone. You did reload the in game g27 default controller? 50.0 should have given you full revs by just looking at the pedal! :)

Didn't have chance to try 0.0x values but I think my test concludes there is scope to do this, just a matter of finding a value which reduces sensitivity without affecting being able to achieve full revs.

Funny there seems to be mixed and confusing results. Initially I got the sensation that values between 1.0 and 2.0 were more sensitive, which is what I didn't want. Yet when I went to 0.5, this was ALSO more sensitive, that isn't logical. The 0.5 setting moved my in-game slider to 50% (from 0%), and moving that slider to the right (it goes to 95% max), is MORE sensitive, even the game description of that slider says that's what happens.

The higher I went > 2.0 seemed to be less sensitive, but hard to differentiate between other values, so was it really happening? I can't say for sure, therefore it's NOT enough of a difference to be of any value to me.

The large dead zone for the throttle is horrible (20%), I have now gone back to my default 2%

Roll on F1 2012 !! Maybe there will be more changes in it. Also Logitech has not updated the profiler in 18 months, so I don't expect anything there.

Interestingly and annoyingly, there are dead zone, sensitivity, and range settings in the Logitech profiler itself, but it only appears that the range setting work for this game. So the settings are not being carried through to the game, so I expect the game uses direct input from the controller for some functions, where the profiler doesn't get a look-in.

I tried a low sensitivity setting :-

In the profiler window, left-click on the accelerator pedal and select 'axis properties' from the pop up context menu.

As the 0.5 setting does seem to have a different effect on your game (the opposite from me), I shall have to fiddle with it again when I get time, because it just can't be different, we MUST get the similar results.

Rather than just selecting keyboard then the G27 again between value changes (with the game running). I close the game, start with keyboard, then select G27 between every test ....

I have the same issue as Elfion Evans with need for steering saturation and in my case it is due game loosing or messing up steering axis assignments.

That is, I cannot use the controller options to reassign steering axis and from full lock to opposite full l typically but not always see only about 50% travel on the animated steering wheel. If I dis- and reconnect the wheel in game to recalibrate axis assignments work fine but instead of set 315 degree range I see full range in about 200 degrees and force feedback does not function properly. This probably is a software issue as the wheel seems to work just fine in the driver test page.

I will test with some other games to see if the wheel hardware has a problem before contacting Logitech.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back