F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

These are the settings I use with my Logitech G25 and I think it feels gr8. :D

wheel.jpg

F1_20112011-09-2223-31-33-10.jpg

F1_20112011-09-2223-31-41-73.jpg

Ok scrap this! Just make sure you have Logitech profile set as screenshot above but only choose Logitech G25 profile in game and DON'T change advanced or FFB options as this will mess up codies optimized settings for the G25. :)

How do you map the brake to the clutch pedal ?

Thanks

Either customise it in game like James says, or if you want it to be the default when you select G27 in game, copy and then paste this over the appropriate line in the G27 actionmap.xml file in the actionmap folder -

<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisSlider1" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>

@ Kevin Cox
i have found the exact same problem with my t500 rs! as long as i dont change anything and just select t500 rs as my controller the wheel is fine and behaves well ingame, but if i only change one button to another binding its all ****ed up and the wheel is total crap ingame! i dont know why that is the case or what codemasters did to their controller code but its strange....
so just select the profile for your wheel ingame and leave it at that! just change ffb strength (in your control panel in windows) to your liking and your fine!

It's really a big fail on CM part, they really need to focus on the beta testing or have a better code freeze prior to release and make sure everything is right.... I would rather wait another month than have to go through this BS every time CM release something i.e. Dirt3 with the controller save and F12010 last year with the auto save issue. I know it's tough to create something solid on first release, but this is code they already had.

Anyway I've found a good enough setting for now, but still get the random pull to left or right and it's when I start playing another game like GSC that I realize how bad the ffb is in F12011.

G27 - Feels light on corners and keeps resetting to Keyboard as default.

Hi,

My G27 is working ok, but I have a couple of niggles.

It feels very light only on corners, some corners are worse than others. Is there any fix or setting I need to adjust?

Also, if I restart the game it defaults my game back to Keyboard, is there any fix for that?

Thanks.

So after a day fiddling I am happy with my settings. ForceFeedback is the same as I used last year on F1 2010.

Make sure to completely switch off environmental effects as they ruin, at least for me, my concentration and don't add anything to the driving sensation.

Here are my G27_settings for the windows profiler, advanced settings and the force feedback.

G27_Profiler.png

G27_Advanced.png

G27_ForceFeedback.png

My provisional settings :

Profiler :

Degrees : 237
Enable ffb
Overal strenght : 100
Spring : 100
Damper : 100
Enable center spring
Centre spring force : 100
Allow game to adjust ticked

In game

Advanced wheel setting : everything 0

Ffb enabled
Environment 20. ( i want to feel the curbs bram....)
Strenght 50
Wheel wheight 30

Each one has his own preference, i tried racing with a setup without center spring effect, just dont know how you guys do that, the wheel is to soft and loose

Its the force you need to apply to rotate the wheel. Set it to 100% and the wheel will move very heavy. 0% and it will be light as a feather.

The force feedback effects are something else. That's the movement of the car/objects/road translated to a feedback effect in your steeringwheel

G27 PS3 wheel settings

Anyone got theirs dialed in?....PS3 G27 users please. I've noticed the FFB seems to change depending on what the saturation levels are. Anyone else notice this?

I've also notice there is nothing happening with the wheel FFB wise on a flying lap until the lights disappear (until you are given control). Perhaps it was like this in 2010 too, but I certainly didn't notice it to this degree.

Anyway...what are people using for their wheel settings?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 418 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 323 12.8%