F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

270 Degrees is 1:1

From the official f1 website

The steering wheels are not designed to make more than three quarters of a turn of lock in total, so there is no need for a continuous rim, instead there are just two 'cut outs' for the driver's hands.

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_the_sport/5287.html

not more then 3 quarters of a turn = 270 Degrees

I think you're making a huge assumption. Just because the real life wheel is 270, that does not mean it's that way in the game.

As I stated in an earlier post, the in-game wheel matches 1:1 whatever degrees of rotation I use in profiler.

Linearity = 50 (in game) and "allow game to adjust settings" (profiler).

I'm using 900 degree rotation and the in-game wheel matches perfectly.

I think you're making a huge assumption. Just because the real life wheel is 270, that does not mean it's that way in the game.

As I stated in an earlier post, the in-game wheel matches 1:1 whatever degrees of rotation I use in profiler.

Linearity = 50 (in game) and "allow game to adjust settings" (profiler).

I'm using 900 degree rotation and the in-game wheel matches perfectly.

visually it alsow looks like its 270 degrees, when i turn my wheel in rl it looks exactly the same as on screen with that degree

Anyway this feels perfect to me, i use a saturation of about 20% with that
Linearity about 20% to but that still needs some modification

In game, 270 degrees doesn't match my wheel with the on screen movements unfortunately whereas 315 does precisely.

I tweeted @AndyGray_ from CM and he uses 210-230 (with 3 0 3 0 0 0 & 80/90 wheel weight) but that doesn't match for me and is wild :(

I tried the 900 degree settings posted here but didn't enjoy it, bit too sensitive/wild for me.

Still struggling to dial this in!!

Auto centering was annoying me so now im using

100 overall
100 springs and damper
allow centering at 0 percent (just when game decides to centre)
315 degrees
allow game to change

15 linearity
rest are 0

FFB

BTW I always have allow game to adjust settings on and use cockpit view if that helps.

Any idea how to solve the lost of feel midcorner in my steering wheel.
For example in Parabolica i turn in. All good but when i turn abit more the wheel gets very light. Very annoying.

I also noticed this with the PS3/G27. Beginning of the turn feels firm, mid-turn feels slack. F1 2010 definitely did not do this.

Is this normal? Is this feedback of oversteer or wheelspin?

In game, 270 degrees doesn't match my wheel with the on screen movements unfortunately whereas 315 does precisely.

I tweeted @AndyGray_ from CM and he uses 210-230 (with 3 0 3 0 0 0 & 80/90 wheel weight) but that doesn't match for me and is wild :(

I tried the 900 degree settings posted here but didn't enjoy it, bit too sensitive/wild for me.

Still struggling to dial this in!!

Auto centering was annoying me so now im using

100 overall
100 springs and damper
allow centering at 0 percent (just when game decides to centre)
315 degrees
allow game to change

15 linearity
rest are 0

FFB

BTW I always have allow game to adjust settings on and use cockpit view if that helps.

have you tried 50% linearity? mine is 50% and it matches the ingame wheel, 270 deg of rotation btw.

I've tried the 50 linearity setting with the degrees in profiler set to 270 360 540 900, and many others, on my way to getting 315. While they mostly match up (not all did), I find that it reduces/lags movement too much in a straight line making quick redirects such as avoiding collisions and overtakes harder. I'm going to try and find a middle ground with the linearity and rotation to allow smooth cornering and straight line stability...... hopefully soon :)

Settings I use :

Overall 100%
Springs and Damper 25%
Enable Centering Spring in FFB games, 0%
270 degrees
Allow game to change settings.

Everything at 0 except for linearity at 50. (Makes steering 1:1)
FFB 10-20-30.

Feels just right for me.

After 1 hour of Testing i finally found a good setup for my steering, reading through this thread i had some help and then adjusted some settings manually.

Feel free to test this out, it may or may not work with your setup - Remember this is for the G27 ONLY!

F12011LogitechProfiler2.png

AdvanceWheelSetting.jpg

im having a problem ingame, when i go to Force FeedBack settings i can only select the top one to edit, the rest are Greyed out.... what's going on?

Any help is much Appreciated.

because u have to go to options/driving controls/advenced wheel settings and change anything, just touch. And now you can go to back Driving controls to change override input device type on steering wheel, now you have acces to all FFB setups. It work for me

K getting very close for my style - got 40th place in Melbourne time trial at the moment and I know I can knock a fair bit of time off it. Still not 100 percent dialled in though id say 95 percent.

300 degrees
100 overall effects
150 springs and damper
yes to centering @ 0%
allow game to change

3% steering linearity
3% braking saturation

FFB

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No