LM55: DBR2 vs. 250 Testarossa @ Schottenring - Sun 27th October 2013

flyer1ferrari.png

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: LM55: Aston Martin DBR2 vs. Ferrari 250 Testarossa LM55 pack ( Download )
Soundpack ( download ) UPDATED POST 22/10/2013
Track: Motodrom Schottenring ( Download ) +( GDB-fix)
install the track and then place the fix inside the track folder

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
-------------Race 1-------------------------
Practice start time:
GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 10 laps)
-------------Race 2 -------------------------
Practice start time:
GMT 21:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:30 ( 10 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =DBR2 / Race2 = 250 TR Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson DBR2 / 250 TR
  2. Antonio Taveres 250 TR / DBR2
  3. Rui F. Martins DBR2 / 250 TR
  4. Mike Bishop 250 TR / DBR2
  5. Guus Verver DBR2 / 250 TR
  6. Yves Larose 250 TR / DBR2
  7. Dave Flower DBR2 / 250 TR
  8. Allan Ramsbottom 250 TR / DBR2
  9. Steve Walker DBR2 / 250 TR
  10. Kjell Eilertsen 250 TR / DBR2
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Paul Bennett
Rules:If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Had some great fun with this cars, despite having some hard time trying to keep them on the track :D
On the first race the car that started in f4ront of me spun and i couldn't avoid him, i spun and was in front of him for a couple of laps, he eventally passed me and i did the rest of the race ate the back, had some spins during the race, but was able to finish it without being lapped, which was very positive for me :roflmao:

on the second race i was able to start ate the midle of the field, made a good start, but i was quickly passed by the some of the cars that were behind me, and still in the first lap i tried to drift the car thorugh a corner a little bit more than i should, i spun and had to rejoin in 8th, i was able to keep in front of Guus, but a little after the middle of the race, when Guus was gaining time on me, we went to the lake, so i was confortably on the 8th position, on the last lap i passed by Dave and we were running the last lap when i spun on T4 ( i thiknk) and got stuck over the sidewalk, Dave stopped and pushed me off the sidewalk (thank you very much Dave :thumbsup: you deserved a medal :D ), we did the rest of the lap together, not without another spin :roflmao:, i destroyed the rear tires when trying to get out of the sidewalk, Dave finished 7th and i finished in 8th place :)

congratulations to top3 aqnd those who finished in both races, it has been a while since i raced in gtlegends, i'll hae to try and find some time to get in it again :thumbsup:

Well it was good to bring out the LM55 's again
ran both races on the vintage tyres... man that was hard work...
took a swim in the 1st race whilst trying to chase down Guus after he got a good start and all did was slide off the line getting swamped by a few cars but once the tyres had warmed up i was having fun racing with Yves and then on my own with about a 10 second gap to Guus... then it all went glugg glugg.... got back out the lake and promptly nearly went in again.. I chased down mike over the last 2 or 3 laps..

Race 2 in the Ferrari on vintage tyres was also good fun again bogged the start and had to play catch up. I had 8 great laps bumper to bumper with Antonio pushing him all the way to the finish in his DBR2. i tried outside lines, insidelines, crossover's, you name it i tried it but i just didn't have the power to get by... Great fun all the same.. Good racing Antonio and real close :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Roll on the next one:D

Tell me Rupe, did you had a chance to use your periscope? :D

On a more serious note, that was some great racing. First race it was Steve breathing on my neck, and you on the second. I knew that you guys would pass at the minimum mistake, so I gathered all the concentration I had on reserve and did my best to keep a steady pace.
All in all, two great races with 2 great cars! :thumbsup:

I really liked the Aston and hated the Ferrari. The Aston could be driven pretty smoothly without sliding, which I like. The Ferrari on the other hand was just trying to go all muscle car on me. I dont know how to be quick with sliding, and trying only made me even slower :( I ended up in the lake in my Ferrari and tried to get out, but the steering was completely broken. I had a fun race 1 just driving around in the Aston, could have been better with battles but I enjoyed the car. More of this Rupe:thumbsup: but pls dont make me take the ferrari:redface:

These cars are hard work. I had tried to get a little practice in a few days earlier and found them a bit of a hand full then. If it hadn't have been for that little bit of practice then I dare say I wouldn't have been able to finish ANY of the races. As it was though I seemed to do fairly well finishing 4th in the first race and 5th in the second race (would have been 4th if I hadn't have had a tiny little spin at the end of the lake and let @Allan Ramsbottom through:mad:)

@Antonio Tavares pulled off a couple of nice passes on me into the first corner on both races, well done mate and nice bit of trust you had in me not to turn in on you or spin out.:laugh::thumbsup: I managed to stay with Antonio for a few laps but he was too quick for me and also had a bit of fun with @Yves Larose in the second race. He and @Guus Verver had a very graceful spin whilst going through the last turn and over the finish line. I saw it in my rear view mirror and had a little chuckle to myself. I'll give you both 8/10 for style guys.:roflmao:

It was a great night of racing and I enjoyed myself more than I thought I would. Thanks eveyone and see on the next track.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back