rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Okayama International Circuit - Fri 03Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Dunno which car you were in but I think it's the same for all of them. It's easy to overheat the rears slightly after some laps and that leads to them wearing out slightly faster and you get more and more oversteer as the race goes on. I guess that's where the TC comes in :D
It's the fronts I have a problem with. I'm possibly the worst braker in all of sim racing. Once I start locking up and flat-spotting them it's just all downhill from there. I end up shredding the unladen inside front.

It's the fronts I have a problem with. I'm possibly the worst braker in all of sim racing. Once I start locking up and flat-spotting them it's just all downhill from there. I end up shredding the unladen inside front.
Not seen your driving but some things I've noticed in my driving.

Majority of the braking in these cars is easy. Especially in hard straight braking zones like the backstraight at Okayama into the hairpin. You can just floor it and keep it there until a bit before you start turning in. You have to come off the brake very gently and slowly as you put in more turning. If you just keep the pedal down and start turning the fronts will start to slide and heat up and the longer that goes on the worse the understeer gets.

And it's likely that understeery setup is making the above even worse. For better turn in, and not really affecting any other part of cornering, try softening front slow bump or stiffening rear slow rebound, or do both. These two work together.

Dunno which car you were in but I think it's the same for all of them. It's easy to overheat the rears slightly after some laps and that leads to them wearing out slightly faster and you get more and more oversteer as the race goes on. I guess that's where the TC comes in :D
I was in the BMW, and I have noticed the same thing, that the cars are all loose at the rear especially once you've got the tyres a bit hot. But this was like nothing I've ever felt before, the car was trying to come round in the braking zones despite me slamming the bias forward by miles, and then would try to go Tokyo Drift mode in every phase of the corner in a slightly different way. I was on TC 8 as well.

I really, really must have ballsed up my setup last night in a way I've not done before.

@Tero Dahlberg You more or less described my driving style and problem. I prefer understeer but I'm no good at setups. I use defaults with a few tweaks like shifting brake balance forward, stiffening/softening anti-roll bars, changing tyre pressure etc to achieve it. It's ok for quali and short races - but in longer races it kills the front tyres. Thx for the advice about bump and rebound - I'll try it out :thumbsup:.

I was in the BMW, and I have noticed the same thing, that the cars are all loose at the rear especially once you've got the tyres a bit hot. But this was like nothing I've ever felt before, the car was trying to come round in the braking zones despite me slamming the bias forward by miles, and then would try to go Tokyo Drift mode in every phase of the corner in a slightly different way. I was on TC 8 as well.

I really, really must have ballsed up my setup last night in a way I've not done before.
Definitely does sound like something wasn't right then :/

Had the same problems yesterday with the m8 aswell, the car has never been like this on any other times ive raced it. But there was an update to the car 2 days ago that might have changed/ruined it :thumbsdown:

Well for me it has been another two hours of extreme and intense fun. :)

In the race the truth that at all times went at a very strong pace and you could not have the least slip because they squeezed both ahead and behind and at all times trying to keep the tires controlled so as not to overheat them, the truth was that really fun

My congratulations to the winner, who made a perfect career and all the others that the truth that they were pressing very hard

Once again more thanks to the organization and also to the fantastic live broadcast. :thumbsup:

regards

What a funny race! (one more time)
I had some "connection lost" issues with the server and I started qualy 5min later... (miss you there @Valrys )
Congrats to the podium and to @Joseph Wright as well for the amazing broadcast (I think next time I will put you on my custom skin as your #1 fan :roflmao:)

It has been an incredibly busy few days, so I will try to keep this as brief as possible! :giggle:

First of all I would like to say thank you to everyone who took part in this race! :) In spite of the issues that some (including me) had with tyres, it was another fun, exciting, and intense race! I actually managed to make it to the end this time - it was a tough race, but I found it to be really enjoyable! My biggest issue was with being lapped by the lead cars - I just do not have the confidence to stick to my line. I constantly find myself moving out of the way (not in an unpredictable manner - I move aside well in advance, so it's not dangerous) to allow the lapping car to pass, the reason being that I am concerned I will accidentally ruin someone's race by unintentionally braking too early or too late, by spinning at the exit of a corner, or by doing something else stupid. I hope that, over time, this will improve, and I will feel less of a need to "move out of the way"; it is currently costing me quite a significant amount of time. :redface: And, even though I try to do it in a safe manner, I'm sure that those of you who are lapping do not want to see cars off the racing line for fear of them doing unpredictable. I will work on this over the coming weeks.

Secondly, there is absolutely no need to apologise for the incident @Crashhard Banger! ;) Mistakes happen. In fact I'm sorry - I hope that I was not holding you up too much during the middle part of the race. You were behind me for several laps, and quite clearly had the pace, but you were (unsurprisingly) being a bit cautious going into some of the corners which gave me a chance to pull away again.

Penultimately, thank you once again to @Joseph Wright for another magnificent broadcast! I have not yet watched it properly, but I will do if and when I find the time! :D

Finally, if you haven't done so already, sign-up for this event here! We shall be heading to Sunny Florida for what should be an epic race at the ever popular Sebring International Raceway! :cool: We look forward to seeing you all on track again very soon! For now though, enjoy the rest of the week! :thumbsup:

My biggest issue was with being lapped by the lead cars - I just do not have the confidence to stick to my line. I constantly find myself moving out of the way (not in an unpredictable manner - I move aside well in advance, so it's not dangerous) to allow the lapping car to pass, the reason being that I am concerned I will accidentally ruin someone's race by unintentionally braking too early or too late, by spinning at the exit of a corner, or by doing something else stupid.
I have the same issue :( And not just while being lapped, to be honest. It is a constant struggle.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back