rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Hockenheimring - Fri 27Jul18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
CLUB RACING Flyer4.png

All 3 cars - Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M8 GTE, and Corvette C7.R - must be purchased to participate in this event.

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server will be available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTE
Cars: Endurance Pack by Studio 397 (Steam) - only GTE cars will be available on the night
Track: Hockenheimring
Fixed Setups: No (Setups can be shared)
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Start Type: Rolling (+ Formation Lap)
Maximum Number of Cars: 47

Practice: 19:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm Up: 19:45 (5 minutes)
Race: 19:50 GMT (Formation Lap + 50 minutes)

CHOOSE YOUR CAR ON THE NIGHT!
All GTE cars will be available for selection. Feel free to switch between cars during the practice session, but please avoid switching between races - your qualifying position will not be restored.

Entry List
  1. [COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)]Daiman Patel[/COLOR] - Porsche 911 RSR
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Jani1980 - BMW M8 GTE
  4. Jay Cooper17
  5. Shawn Jacobs - Corvette C7.R
  6. Valrys - BMW M8 GTE
  7. alexSchmurtz - Porsche 911 RSR
  8. Pauli Ahonen
  9. Tero Dahlberg
  10. Luka Berk
  11. Amereto1
  12. PurgerUK
  13. Crashhard Banger
  14. PD07 - BMW M8 GTE
  15. elpolan
  16. Davide Sciacca
  17. Radek Pawlaczek - Corvette C7.R
  18. Pinsho
  19. Jenda2cz - Porsche 911 RSR
  20. Anders Myhre
  21. Jose Berenguer
  22. Marco Antonio Rodriguez - BMW M8 GTE
  23. Ian Le Messurier
  24. Paul Le Messurier
  25. TobiasR
  26. DaanF - BMW M8 GTE
  27. xiqui
  28. Sean Devlin 883 - Porsche 911 RSR
  29. Jens Roos
  30. red bullet
  31. Xus - Corvette C7.R
  32. Driver Slot
  33. Driver Slot
  34. Driver Slot
  35. Driver Slot
  36. Driver Slot
  37. Driver Slot
  38. Daniel Monteiro (?)
  39. jayjfinn (?)
  40. Sharjeel - Porsche 911 RSR (?)
utp: 86 DP

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
let me in with BMW :)
In please :thumbsup:
Sign me up please, will try the BMW this time.
Sign me up please. Might try the Porsche, but probably BMW again.
Sign me up too please! Will probably keep the Porsche.
In please :)
Here we go again, boysssss! In! :p:thumbsup:
You have all been added to the list! :D

Some events from last night's race prompted me to give some tips on getting lapped. Most of the below is copied from a post I made to an endurance racing forum over a year a go. It's been quite liked over there so I assume it means it's been useful also :D For reference I've often raced in a slower class car over there and in other places.

When being lapped you really don't have to do a lot. As I see it, the key things to incident-free racing are predictability and being seen. But being seen is not as much of problem when you're getting lapped as blue flags are shown so we can forget that now. Being seen is more relevant to when you're overtaking for position.

So lets talk about predictability. The best way to be predictable is to drive as you normally would. And that is to stay on the racing line and brake at your braking points. Not earlier and not too late. And you also want to take corners at the speed that you normally do. And also accelerate out of the corners as fast as you can, as you would usually do. So you do all these things when the faster car is behind you.

You let the faster car initiate the overtake and then, if you have to, you can help out a little bit. If he's faster out of a corner and moves over to start the overtake, you can lift off the throttle a bit. But you don't have to if he can pass you in time for the next brake marker. But if it looks like he won't fully pass you by the next brake marker then you can also brake a bit earlier to give him more room but also give yourself more room when braking and turning into the corner.

Doing things this way also costs you the least amount of time. And you're also still racing your own race and that's as important as anyone else's!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back