rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Hockenheimring - Fri 27Jul18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yesterday's event if I had to describe it in one word is "intense".

Since qualifying for very little I could get the pole, only a few thousand, and spoke of a very close race and disputed.

Then in the race I had a great pressure and a nice fight, first with Shawn Jacobs,
and later with Luka Berk

and even having been a race in which I only had an overtaking, it has been a very intense and beautiful race for me

Thanks to Jacobs and Luka for this hard and beautiful fight and to all the pilots of yesterday, to the organization and of course, again to the fantastic live broadcast :thumbsup:

greetings to all ;)

PS: Great behavior of everyone on the track :thumbsup:

Apologies for the delay to my end-of-race remarks, which I have (unintentionally) been posting for these events over the past few weeks - I was busy hunting for a new car at the weekend! :whistling: Thankfully the search was not in vain - it was time well spent, and I shall be taking ownership of my new wagon this coming weekend! :p

Anyway, enough about that...

Thank you very much to everyone who joined us for last Friday's race! :D It was yet another awesome event, and I had great fun ( at least while it lasted... :cautious: ). I hope that you all enjoyed yourselves as well! :) Congratulations to those who finished on the podium and also everyone who was able to make it to the end.

Driving standards were once again fairly good, on the whole, which was great to see, but I must admit that I was beyond miffed when a driver decided to dive-bomb into Einfahrt Parabolika and barrelled into me... and if that wasn't annoying enough, he then continued to drive instead of waiting for me, which is in breach of the Golden Rules. I know who it was, and you may also know who you are, but I'm not going to report it - all I will say is that next time it happens a simple apology would go a long way, and just be mindful of the club racing rules.

My race then went from bad to worse when TS decided to crash, and the dialog window for reporting the problem was displayed over the game, right in the line of sight, as I was battling with @Roy Magnes. This was pretty much the final straw! My tyres cooled down, lost their effectiveness, and that was it... game over!

Thankfully I was able to tune in to the broadcast - @Joseph Wright did an absolutely sterling job again, though I expected nothing less - and do a bit of track work in preparation for the Bathurst 1000GT event while listening to the commentary. Great work Joseph, thank you very much once again. :rolleyes:

Next week we shall be travelling east again, to a little-known track in Japan - Okayama International Circuit. If you haven't done so already, sign-up for this event here! We look forward to seeing you all on track again very soon! For now though, enjoy the rest of the week! :thumbsup:

A thought on the race start. Shouldn't the lead car keep a steady pace and go only on green? I felt like cars started slowly accelerating out of last corner.
That is correct, the lead car should drive at a steady pace until the green flag is waved. I shall try to keep an eye on this for the next race. :geek:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%