AC LIVE STREAM: Group C @ Road America - Sat 10Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys, is there any advice you may have regarding the performance with a 36 car field?

I did a test with 35 AI and tested with all relevant performance settings in AC but just could not solve the big performance penalty.

Even after a few laps with the field well spread, with all relevant graphics settings turned all the way down AC would perform abysmal with 36 cars :-(

With fields of 26 cars and all settings cranked up this computer would have no issues at all :-(

No max cars to render limit on AC?

Anyway if the game becomes cpu draw call limited, does reducing track/car Detail to minimum + shadows off not solve your problem?

I'll check it tomorrow, but going in VR this will hit me twice as hard if true..

@Bobby Penningto
Which level is required to participate ?
On the free practice server I'm 8 seconds behind the best. I can gain 2 seconds...

If it is OK, please sign me in with a 962 (the C9 is too difficult to drive - so different from the Pcars version))

@Dirk Steffen,
your test might not be relevant, as the CPU calculate the same physic as your own car, but for each one IA cars. Wich it doesn't in multiplayer. Each player simulate his own physic and share it with the others.
Now, what part of the process it use... I'm not sure about it. But for sure a significant part.

One idea would be to test a start just after qualy to allow people to change settings if they feel they need to.
But it might be complicated with the live streaming...

@Bobby Pennington
Please sign me in ! (C9)

@Bobby Penningto
Which level is required to participate ?
On the free practice server I'm 8 seconds behind the best. I can gain 2 seconds...

If it is OK, please sign me in with a 962 (the C9 is too difficult to drive - so different from the Pcars version))

There are no minimal requirements as long as you can drive safely and know rules and conduct :thumbsup:

Added to reserve.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea