AC LIVE STREAM: Formula 3 @ Red Bull Ring - Wed 11Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The video of when i drive an F3000 at Yas Marina. Will be at the Nurburgring driving a Clio Race Car in July. Sim racing is giving such a comparable feeling to when I am on track it's awesome. Time to upgrade everything :)

Some questions for you guys regarding the race.
This was the first sim racing race I've watched from start to finish, as I'm still fairly new to sim racing. Was cool!
It got me to wonder about a few things though..

1. I've noticed from the ride-along/cockpit view cameras that I steer quite a bit more than all of you guys seem to. What steering angle are you using when racing open wheels or F3?

2. I've been running consistent 1.33's, my best lap being a 1.31.100 at Red Bull Ring in F3. That's on default setup. I'm really struggling to get a better lap done than my 1.31.100 that seemed pretty perfect to me. Are you guys using setups or were you on defaults? Could a setup be 'worth' a second or even two a lap?

3. During qualification, are you fulling up the car with fuel to go for the entirety of the qualification time, or are you running 3-5 Liters of fuel and going back to pits to fuel back up every 2-3 laps?

Thank you for your time, and great race, I'm looking forward to watch the next one (being from North America I don't think I can participate in this one.)

1. I've noticed from the ride-along/cockpit view cameras that I steer quite a bit more than all of you guys seem to. What steering angle are you using when racing open wheels or F3?
I personally use 360 degree on all open wheelers.

Could a setup be 'worth' a second or even two a lap?
A default setup runs fine if you know how to run it, but yes a setup is worth a second, maybe even more per lap.

During qualification, are you fulling up the car with fuel to go for the entirety of the qualification time, or are you running 3-5 Liters of fuel and going back to pits to fuel back up every 2-3 laps?
Most drivers usually run with little amount of full and refill almost every lap or too of qualifying.

(being from North America I don't think I can participate in this one.)
All you need to be is a premium member, and you can sign up to any event you wish :)

• Deleted member 177725

Some questions for you guys regarding the race.
This was the first sim racing race I've watched from start to finish, as I'm still fairly new to sim racing. Was cool!
It got me to wonder about a few things though..

I currently run 270 degrees for open wheel and 310 for GT cars, mainly because a shorter steering rack is advantageous at somewhere like Monaco/RBR or similar

2. I've been running consistent 1.33's, my best lap being a 1.31.100 at Red Bull Ring in F3. That's on default setup. I'm really struggling to get a better lap done than my 1.31.100 that seemed pretty perfect to me. Are you guys using setups or were you on defaults? Could a setup be 'worth' a second or even two a lap?

I ran some tests prior to the event, the setup I was using brought me forward around 0.3 - 0.4, Personally setups are down to your taste, so I always recommend other factors to look at first :)

3. During qualification, are you fulling up the car with fuel to go for the entirety of the qualification time, or are you running 3-5 Liters of fuel and going back to pits to fuel back up every 2-3 laps?

This is a tricky one, if it's a track I'm not confident at, I'll run enough fuel for all of qualy, mainly so that by the time I'm finding my pace I don't need to pit, but then I've seen some tracks where I'll run short bursts.
The other factor to consider is how much of an impact fuel will have, again this is something i've noticed more in open wheel, but in GT's for example, 4/5 liters of fuel extra doesn't equate to much lap time, so I think the car depends also.

Thank you for your time, and great race, I'm looking forward to watch the next one (being from North America I don't think I can participate in this one.)

Get yourself involved in some of the US timezone events, or in fact any of them! It's an absolute blast and the admin team are 5*

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back