Live for Speed: New Graphics Update Posted

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Live for Speed - Aston 6.jpg

Live for Speed continues to develop, and recently some interesting progress shots of the Aston circuit have been shared by the development team.

One of the oldest active racing simulations on the market today, Live for Speed is a highly regarded and very realistic racing title that contains some impressive content, both licensed and fantasy, and has been enjoyed by many sim racing fans since first releasing to the public all the way back in the early 2000's.

Despite the age of the title, development continues apace behind the scenes at LFS HQ, proof of which can be seen by way of the below screenshot updates showcasing the latest graphic updates from the Aston in game racing location:

Live for Speed - Aston 1.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 2.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 3.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 4.jpg
Live for Speed - Aston 5.jpg

Check out the Rockingham updates HERE.

Live for Speed is available exclusively to PC.

Check out the Live for Speed sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest Live for Speed news and discussions.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you still enjoy LFS? Impressed the title is still updated? What do you think of the current version of the title - and the development progress? Let us know in the comments section below!

I'm just going to step in here before it goes any further.
I'm at a loss as to why Bruno Iwanczuk felt the need to post on this thread if he has no interest in LFS.
Clearly he must know that it was bound to get a reaction.
So he may not feel like he's trolling but others may interpret it differently, but let's keep it civil and on topic.
Different reactions, as you can see not everybody disagree with my opinion.

And i really wanted to know why should i play this instead of Assetto Corsa. It's like choose ultra low settings having the option to use the highest settings.

Last edited:
And i really wanted to know why should i play this instead of Assetto Corsa. It's like choose ultra low settings having the option to use the highest settings.
You dont have to play one instead of the other, you can play both. You dont need people to tell you that either, you can try it yourself. Or do you ask people what they think before you even breath? lol

Different reactions, as you can see not everybody disagree with my opinion.

Very simple, stop talking or complain about graphic non-sense, download and play LFS instead! The demo has enough content to be worth a while, in fact a lot of players played demo for years (why? because the physics is simply awesome).

I stand corrected...
All along I'd been stating that RRE was my least played sim,
I completely forgot I owned this one.
I'll definitely have to look into re-activating it and have a look.
My main issue with this simulation was never about the driving itself.
The confusion always stemmed from the setup interface and knowing which cars were available to drive.
I believe S1 is the bit I purchased.
It was so long ago, I just can't remember.
Good on those guys to 'push' out refinements all these years in.
Thanks.

What i waste of time. Why should i play this instead of Assetto Corsa?

graphics are as important as any other thing, shitty graphics breaks the immersion.
My english is not very good but what's wrong with this phrase? Why is it confrontational?
I don't want to derail the thread any more, if you can't recognise why these were inflammatory then fair enough.
So everyone back on topic.

I'm just going to step in here before it goes any further.
I'm at a loss as to why Bruno Iwanczuk felt the need to post on this thread if he has no interest in LFS.
Clearly he must know that it was bound to get a reaction.
So he may not feel like he's trolling but others may interpret it differently, but let's keep it civil and on topic.

his opinions are as valid as anyone elses, unless there is also a rule against massively praising a game

his opinions are as valid as anyone elses, unless there is also a rule against massively praising a game
One of the biggest complaints we get is that people post in threads just to slag off another game and often ends up turning the thread toxic. As I've already said his manner was the issue. For the last time let's get back on topic.

Very nice to see improvements in LFS. It has a great implementation of VR with one of the best, if not the best, “real mirror” of all the SIMs.
The driving is very pleasant, even if I prefer other, I believe it is on par with any other simulator.
I have purchased all the updates, the only reason I don’t drive it more often is that I prefer “real” track and cars when I drive in a SIM.

For a game released 15 years ago, I would say it looks pretty good.
Another thing LFS has got going for it, is you can run it on pretty much anything. I was playing LFS back when I still had my first PC with a single-core 2 GHz Celeron, GeForce 6200 and 1 GB of RAM and it ran just fine :D I doubt you could run AC on that thing, even with the lowest settings.

People don't want to hear the truth about their loved game. That's why they're calling me a troll.

Even GTR2 which was my favorite sim before Assetto Corsa is a better option than LFS, since it had rain and night support. Altough AC doesn't support rain, it is very important in a racing sim.

Last edited:
I have this game but don't really play it, may re visit though.

Do people think it's good because it has a totally unrealistic way of conveying grip, i.e. none?
Therefore people who play it think anything else is 'simcade' even though in their eyes if they ever got to drive racing car they would think real life was 'simcade'....

No grip on a dry track with slicks and aero and in GT3 case TC......is really not realistic....
So does this game drive like glass tyres on ice?

I really loved this game back in the day. Too bad I can't drive it anymore on my direct drive wheel.
I wonder if anyone came up with a solution for the wheel. Most people report a notchy feel on the wheel including me. What a shame.
By the way, I started playing Half-life 2 again just recently. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.