PC1 Little review..

Hi guys has any of you played the latest build? If yes please tell me what you guys think of the game cause im not sure if i should buy it and become part of it, so yeah give us a little review of the handling, physics etc.
btw im a sim racer, i play LFS, Rfactor and GTR 2 I sure the physics of pCARS wont be as good as them but is it like SHIFT 2? cause that was bad lol is pCARS atleast drivable? i wanna hear from other sim racers! :p

[...] captain obvious [...]
I'd like to ask you if you want to be treated as the joker here or if you wish to be taken serious? Because your message above is a bit ambivalent. For further discussions you must come to a decision - otherwise there is no need to read your comments thoughtfully and this, what hardly can be called a debate, will go on like it is.:sleep:

Anyway, let me add, sometimes things have to be said and made clear before false notions come up. This whole pcars discussion is of course only one of many debates, but a great example of how false notion have been spread by the hype in order to fully accept modest software in the end. Just to make it clear for you! This isn't a ego-centric argument like you wish to make it out all the time. It doesn't matter if I like pcars or not, moreover I'm bold enough to try and take the whole picture into focus. It is an oberservation of the whole development, even better decay, degeneration of mainstream media and the level of decadence we're at and to what degree we're ready to accept mediocrity; and as it seems, the majority is numb enough to lower their sights along with a gradually increasing threshold of indifference. The interesting part of it is, that the will to pay for unaspiring products is higher then ever and the will to defend personal acquisitions, no matter if it's a regret buy or not, is going upwards, which is kind of paradox.

Finally, as we come back to our starting point, a rhetorical question. When you think, as you stated a few times before, that there is nothing you can do, or if you could care less about it, why do you keep coming back to defend your personal position here instead of having fun with your pcars not-so-much-alpha-yet-and-still-everything-will-change-until-it-is-finished? Not that it is important, but look, the tables have turned and it was so easy. :rolleyes:

Keenly awaiting your response.

* http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/page-32#post-1148393

david, what is wrong if people like pcars but you dont? .

Nothing, but I'm someone who thinks honesty is a desirable quality, and if I'm being honest, pcars is arcade.
Sure it's true that I don't know exactly how it'll turn out, but that's not really my point, I'm simply suggesting that as it stands, there's no way it can qualify as a sim if we're judging it from the ground up.

I also hate most forms of censorship, and there's a strong connection to the darkside at WMD.

It is an oberservation of the whole development, even better decay, degeneration of media and the level of decadence we're at and to what degree we're ready to accept mediocrity; and as it seems, the majority is numb enough to lower theirs sights along with a gradually increasing threshold of indifference.

A beautifully written post Marcel, and I'm in no way trying to contradict the substance of it, however, one thing that we have to consider within the context of this discussion, is the basic truth of what is or isn't a sim as of the currrent pcars build, given that many are declaring it to be one.

Given that the physics/sim index is the most obvious and fundamental way to judge a sim, if we do nothing but compare pcars to the best sims, it becomes painfully obvious that pcars is severely lacking in comparison, as such, it's not so much the notion of people's standards devolving, but of outright bullshit or, people simply assuming an unknown outcome as self evident{ie, pcars will be a sim}.

im sorry to offend you marcel, but that kind of statement is not needed. was a nice post in reply tho. my hat is off to you :)

Edit: The only thing I would like to add is that I dont care if I'm taken as a joker or seriously. The point of forums for me is to state my opinion and thoughts and you can take them as they are. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I never said that I didnt care about pcars. I come here to read information on it and all I get is the same 6 people shitting on it over and over and over, Thats why I say it is what it is, not because I dont care about the project. I agree with a lot of the bad parts that David has talked about, but i'm more of an optimist than a pescimist. I'm sorry that you some of you feel like you've been had by SMS, but being that there hasn't been an actual final release, all your beliefs hold no value, they are just that, beliefs. You may very well be right in the end, but sitting here taking dumps on things you proclaim are wrong with it, like they are the final details, is tiresome to read. Then I see a comment from you making the most obvious of statements and yes, I felt sarcastic.

The point of forums for me is to state my opinion and thoughts and you can take them as they are. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I never said that I didnt care about pcars. I come here to read information on it and all I get is the same 6 people shitting on it over and over and over.

That fair Nathan. Perhaps you will allow others have their opinions without you dumping on them? After all, you don't have to comment on any of this at all do you? You make your choice as do we. I come on here to discuss the negative aspects of a once promised all conquering race sim but what do I get? The same people shitting on our discussions over and over. But hey.........that's life. These people love doing that.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back