PC1 Banned for no reason!

Just to clear this up for everyone who obviously don´t know what sim means.

It means Simulation. Now what does Simulation mean?

[noun] (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program;

"a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated"

You see this is where PCARS falls flat in terms of being a sim.

This is where something with a good physics engine could score well with a gamepad as it's basically the driving model that's being assessed, but with a wheel, FFB and steering precision come into play IMO, as such, something like F1 2011 can never be a sim as it's steering precision was unsatisfactory to me, and it hardly has great FFB either.

Can't you answer a simple question?
I asked by what criteria you judge GT5/FM as semi sims?
Are you able to offer your own opinion, or do you just follow the lead of SMS and it's cheerleaders?

Arcade racers

Arcade style racing games put fun and a fast-paced experience above all else, as cars usually compete in unique ways. A key feature of arcade racers that specifically distinguishes them from simulation racers is their far more liberal physics. Whereas in real racing (and subsequently, the simulation equivalents) the driver must reduce their speed significantly to take most turns, arcade racing games generally encourage the player to "powerslide" the car to allow the player to keep up their speed by drifting through a turn. Collisions with other racers, track obstacles, or traffic vehicles is usually much more exaggerated than simulation racers as well. For the most part, arcade racers simply remove the precision and rigor required from the simulation experience and focus strictly on the racing element itself. They often license real cars and leagues, but are equally open to more exotic settings and vehicles. Races take place on highways, windy roads, or in cities; they can be multiple-lap circuits or point-to-point, with one or multiple paths (sometimes with checkpoints), or other types of competition, like demolition derby, jumping, or testing driving skills. Popular arcade racers are the Virtua Racing series, the Daytona USA series, the Rush, the Ridge Racer series, the Cruis'n Series, the Midnight Club series, the Burnout series, and Out Run.
During the mid-late 2000s there was a trend of new street racing; imitating the import scene, one can tune sport compacts and sports cars and race them on the streets. The most widely known ones are the Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and the Midnight Club series, Need for Speed series, and the Juiced series.
Some arcade racing games increase the competition between racers by adding weapons that can be used against opponents to slow them down or otherwise impede their progress so they can be passed. This is a staple feature in "kart racing" games, such as the Mario Kart series, but this kind of gameplay also appears in standard, car-based racing games as well. Weapons can range from projectile attacks to traps as well as non-combative items like speed boosts. Weapon-based racing games include games such as Full Auto, Rumble Racing, and Blur.

Semi-simulation-style racing games

These games are neither simulators nor arcade racers; they stand in the middle of the spectrum.

In all seriousness...

Really.

The time has come to have a really thorough, lengthy, mature discussion over why some consider CARS a strict racing sim and why some conside CARS arcadey.

Without fallback positions (things like:"CARS sucks", "CARS is arcade because all they care about is money", "CARS is the best because so and so said it is", or "because this driver said it is" when we know that driver is still working for the company - NOTE: I really, really admire Ben Collins, I believe he is a straight arrow and quite honest, so if he gives SMS some credit, regardless of being on its payroll or not, I give him the benefit of the doubt. But other drivers...hmmm.)-

And without the easy action of pointing towards a wikipedia page.

Why don't we discuss this as objectively and shall we say, scientifically as possible? Those that can't, please stay out - though I doubt a real simracer doesn't know his way around some of the more technical matters be them tire related of cars or engines.

Shall we?

you cant find it on the www. and Simulation-arcade is also a fantasy name

facepalm.jpg

Come on Martin. Be serious. You know Pcars is semi sim which = simcade. Why do you continue to argue against that fact?:rolleyes:

In all seriousness...

Really.

The time has come to have a really thorough, lengthy, mature discussion over why some consider CARS a strict racing sim and why some conside CARS arcadey.

[...]

Why don't we discuss this as objectively and shall we say, scientifically as possible? Those that can't, please stay out - though I doubt a real simracer doesn't know his way around some of the more technical matters be them tire related of cars or engines.

Shall we?

It seems you m8s aren't interested. Okidoki. :(

Good nighty night.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play