LG New 45" OLED Ultrawide Monitor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Playing in ULMB / Lightboost / Strobing (and whatever other millions of names manufacters call it) is absolutely incredible. At just 120 fps / Hz - on a monitor that has it implemented well (not all do) - you get motion clarity just about on par with old-school CRT TVs. Theoretically speaking, to get that sort of motion clarity in standard non-strobing mode LCDs, you'd need something like 900 Hz / fps (and assuming the monitor could have it's fully respond quick enough to match 900 Hz).

I'm not sure if OLED is quite on par with well implemented strobing mode monitors in terms of motion clarity but I'm assuming it should be fairly close???

The fact that it's the year 2022 and we consider it "incredible" for a monitor to be fairly close to a 1990's CRT's level of motion clarity is sad.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Monitor response time is a tiny portion of overall input lag.
1ms vs 0.1ms will not make any appreciable difference even in twitch shooters, and driving physics is based on some delay between input and car reaction.

Also, check this, ladies. :p
1671994483205.png

Last edited by a moderator:
38" OLED gsync 3840x1600 144hz and I buy now, this LG has a too low much resolution

edit : I have finally bought the asus 48" OLED 4k 138hz gsync, it will be nice for my rtx 4090. All the games are crazy, I replay with all my games, it's awesome, any game at 4k 138hz is now so cool.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I just bought this LG 45p Oled 800r screen. it is fantastic, in immersion and in image quality I am super happy.but one thing worries me, I can't find a Fov calculator for curved screen. I can see that the fov by classic calculation is not good.can someone nice give me the vertical fov for this data? 45p 21/9 800r 600mm distance from my eyes
Thx a lot :)

Hello guys, I just bought this LG 45p Oled 800r screen. it is fantastic, in immersion and in image quality I am super happy.but one thing worries me, I can't find a Fov calculator for curved screen. I can see that the fov by classic calculation is not good.can someone nice give me the vertical fov for this data? 45p 21/9 800r 600mm distance from my eyes
Thx a lot :)
You can't do a proper FOV for curved screens unless you can distort the image. If you increase the horizontal FOV to make up for the increased vision the curve gives you, then the vertical FOV will change in proportion as well and, if that happens, then you're back to "square-one" as all you've done is increase the overall FOV along with making the world's scale smaller.

What needs to happen is the vertical FOV staying the same while the horizontal FOV increases to make up for the extra horizontal vision the curve gives, however, that's not possible (unless, maybe, using a custom-created resolution to match the correct aspect ratio for the extra horizontal FOV...not really sure).

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I just use standard calculator. Tried specialized for curved one, but results were off comparing to virtual triple screen settings, which you should ideally use if sim supports it.

Duke (is that his name?) updated his calculator to provide a curved one available here. My curved calculated fov still worked out the same as his standard calculator, oddly, and what Andrew says above is true and for example the (current) rf2 devs heavily frown upon us even buying, never mind using curved screens…

Last edited:
I did read it, I just provided what he asked for (curved fov calculator, see link, this is not the normal calculator) I didn’t say it worked.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Close to correct FOV image on Ultrawide (not related to curve) will be distorted on sides.
This is due to single viewport, this nice tech from NVidia that supposed to solve it doesn't seem to find its way into real games.
So we are left with virtual triple screens, you can configure your G9 like this.
Samsung_G9-FOV.jpg

In ACC we have Projection Correction feature that applies barrel distortion to remove that pincushion at the expense of blowing pixels in the middle, you need to supersample to get back to native res there, almost like in VR. Or just live with it, in reality it's not that bad esp. if using some headtracking like TrackIR as you rarely look directly at the very edge of monitor, only through peripheral vision.

Sorry for my Bad english.
Finally i use calculator for curved monitor.
He give me hfov curved = 97° standard was 82°
In acc we play with Vfov, so i convert Hfov to Vfov with converter , it give me vfov curved to 52° from 41°
Even there is a fish eye issue on the edge, it will be resolve with projection correction on ACC at 1.
Tell me if iam totally wrong or if iam on the good way ?

In the game the track seems to be realistic like other car, not They were too wide like before

Last edited:
Sorry for my Bad english.
Finally i use calculator for curved monitor.
He give me hfov curved = 97° standard was 82°
In acc we play with Vfov, so i convert Hfov to Vfov with converter , it give me vfov curved to 52° from 41°
Even there is a fish eye issue on the edge, it will be resolve with projection correction on ACC at 1.
Tell me if iam totally wrong or if iam on the good way ?

In the game the track seems to be realistic like other car, not They were too wide like before
All you did was make every thing in the game smaller. The new FOV you're now using from the curved FOV calculator is even more wrong than your old FOV for flat.

For eg. Imagine a flat 21:9 screen has a h.FOV of 82°. Now imagine you curved it and the calculator now gives you a h.FOV of 97°. Well, what happens when you set your game so the h.FOV is 97°? You get the completely wrong result. Instead of the image staying the same as the flat screen but with extra 15° h.FOV, you instead get the entire image being shrunk down so now you're basically using an entirely wrong FOV with wrong world-scaling. Every thing will be smaller and wrong. If you're going to do that, you might as well not even use a FOV calculator to begin with because the image, the scaling, the "world" is now all wrong anyways because every thing is now much smaller.

What we need for curved monitors is the ability to increase the h.FOV WITHOUT increasing the v.FOV that way the image size, world-scaling, etc. stays the same but just with increased h.FOV.

Last edited:
All you did was make every thing in the game smaller. The new FOV you're now using from the curved FOV calculator is even more wrong than your old FOV for flat.

For eg. Imagine a flat 21:9 screen has a h.FOV of 82°. Now imagine you curved it and the calculator now gives you a h.FOV of 97°. Well, what happens when you set your game so the h.FOV is 97°? You get the completely wrong result. Instead of the image staying the same as the flat screen but with extra 15° h.FOV, you instead get the entire image being shrunk down so now you're basically using an entirely wrong FOV with wrong world-scaling. Every thing will be smaller and wrong. If you're going to do that, you might as well not even use a FOV calculator to begin with because the image, the scaling, the "world" is now all wrong anyways because every thing is now much smaller.

What we need for curved monitors is the ability to increase the h.FOV WITHOUT increasing the v.FOV that way the image size, world-scaling, etc. stays the same but just with increased h.FOV.
The Iracing calculator UP the fov by 7°
With 1000r curved with same other spec.
Does he increase the Hfov without Vfov ?
I don't understand how it will works on Iracing and couldn't on ACC :(

The Iracing calculator UP the fov by 7°
With 1000r curved with same other spec.
Does he increase the Hfov without Vfov ?
I don't understand how it will works on Iracing and couldn't on ACC :(
Just take a screenshot with the flat screen FOV calculator settings and then another screenshot with the curved screen FOV calculator settings. The curved calculator screenshot should look identical to the flat screenshot besides more peripheral vision (h.FOV) but it won't because the h.FOV and v.FOV will get affected unless the game has a special setting for curved screens. If the game doesn't have a special setting for curved screens, then, both, the h.FOV & v.FOV will be affected and that will just make every thing smaller and give you more horizontal and vertical vision.

On Iracing fov calculator for sur, curved increase the Fov.
I do the test.
But the value was may be the Hfov ?
They don't specified it.
May be its the Hfov and the game does a special job to do it.
It's annoying because i play acc

But the value was may be the Hfov ?
It's easy to know if the h.FOV or v.FOV or both are being changed. Take a screenshot of the game with flat calculator FOV settings and a screenshot with curved calculator FOV settings. If both screenshots are the same except more horizontal vision on the curved screenshot, then that is correct and only the h.FOV was increased. If the curved screenshot has more vertical and horizontal vision, then both the h.FOV & v.FOV were changed and that is wrong because now the FOV is still not setup for curved, instead, it just made everything smaller.

• Deleted member 197115

Curve or not curve, without correction single viewport generated image will be distorted on sides on wide screen or even normal screen with too high FOV, same as image gets distorted on ultrawide lenses. Virtual triple screen generates multiple projections thus it looks normal, so instead of single image projection of 102 degrees as on G9 you get 3 of 34 degrees.

As far as correction for curve, it didn't work for me, you increase FOV and objects get smaller, the whole idea of "correct" FOV is to make objects proportions close to real life not just to see more, in that respect I don't agree that curve screen should let you set higher FOV as it affects proportional scale in the center of the screen, where you mostly look.

In ACC I've done some testing a while back, used virtual triple screen vs single monitor setting with standard and curved FOV, and standard FOV looked closer to triple screen presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

I test virtual triple screen, seems to be the best to me, cost few fps and very little line appear but not annoying
Increasing in game ACC resolution past 100% can minimize that line.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.1%