Legendary Developers MicroProse Are Back!

Thanks a lot airwick. I didn´t know that site. :thumbsup:
Its a nice forum, we opened around 2011 with the friend Josekast, although he is out of modding but keeps the forum and pays the bills.
I am a web admin in Gp4forever, my nickname is Jcaranti, you can find me their and ask questions and i will help as the best i know. ;)

I loved the 2 player aspect of the GP series. You could do so many laps (you configured it in setup) say 15 and then the computer would take over your car and give your mate a few seconds to take the seat and it would change to his car and then he could take over for his 15 laps and so on. Those days were ace. Me and my best mate used to do full Grand Prix's like this whilst drinking a few beers. Those were the days. Proper PC gaming. Big boxes, full manuals.
5685868678568578.jpg

Its a nice forum, we opened around 2011 with the friend Josekast, although he is out of modding but keeps the forum and pays the bills.
I am a web admin in Gp4forever, my nickname is Jcaranti, you can find me their and ask questions and i will help as the best i know. ;)

Lovely to see a community going strong :) I did a check and it seems like a majority of the GP3 sites are gone now :(

Definitely not getting my hopes up for a GP4 successor, nice news anyways. In the meantime still playing GP4, recreating both classic and modern seasons.

9mIjw2S.png

9rbfHGQ.png

Lovely to see a community going strong :) I did a check and it seems like a majority of the GP3 sites are gone now :(
Yes much of the Gp3 sites are gone unfortunally, although their is a good one by drafi5 that hosts a lot of mods.
Then their is grandprixgames.org witch has Gp3 and GP4 forums and are still active.
Ofcourse their is Gp4forever witch is much more easier to find mods, tracks, cars, etc because of the way
we have the forum sections. In my case i do track updates generally and have done that since 2012 and still doing so hopefully until a new F1 game comes of my total liking. Yes i tested the F1 2019 and previous but still something is missing to me. Dont get me wrong, its just my view and these developments in graphics have been massive since 2003.
Kind regards
Jorge.

C'mon... this is a photo, right ?
Right ?? :O_o:

Oh thank you Lord almighty... I just pray they finish this project, I have no doubt it'll be amazing once it's done.
Fingers crossed.

GP2 was the first sim I played but I didn't use a wheel and probably more than 60% or 70% of the time I played I was literally playing from TV/trackside view (with steering aids of course). It just looked so good from those views, felt so immersive and like I was watching a real race.

Is it just me or is GP2 (and perhaps the other Micropose sims) still the only sim to this day where the AI drive "realistically" even if their difficulty is set low? For example, if you set their difficulty low they will brake a little earlier, maybe take a touch longer to get to full throttle but they still drive realistically. Most other sims, the AI drives in weird ways. For eg. in lots of sims the AI will curiously have slower straight line speed if they're set to a lower difficulty (this is obviously not realistic) as if the car has less power or the driver isn't giving full throttle. Or they'll sort of jump on and off the throttle as they're approaching the corner like they don't know what they're doing. The AI in micropose games, if I remember correctly, drove realistically regardless of their difficulty setting.

Well Spinelli, mate... blame it on Geoff. A man was a genius. Still is, I guess.
Btw... I have too driving from TV view half of the time. :D GOT.
Good old times. =/

No, you weren't of course. I'm sure there's more of us ...out there. :D
Funny how all that look so realistic back then. Now we even not satisfied with F1 2019 realism. It's always missing ...something.
Graphic to hurt your eyes, cars dancing all over the track, bouncing of each other... GOT, GOT... :inlove: :unsure:

No, you weren't of course. I'm sure there's more of us ...out there. :D
Funny how all that look so realistic back then. Now we even not satisfied with F1 2019 realism. It's always missing ...something.
Graphic to hurt your eyes, cars dancing all over the track, bouncing of each other... GOT, GOT... :inlove: :unsure:
Hi,dont know who was driving but certainly he does not have any skills :D:D.

Last edited:
HE CHANGE resolution from low to high. You been drinking and surfing again airwick don't you ? :D
Graphic aside... physic is, from today's standard... funny. Not to use strong words.
But GP2 is GP2... I was with it like a baby with a mother's breast, just saying... from today's perspective...
Sound is also ...funny. Out of respect of course once again...

But anyway this is ultimately not a topic here, I'm so glad they're back.
Driving and flying two thing I do for my gaming by far the most.

Last edited:

Last edited: 9 minutes ago

Yeah, yeah... I see. :sleep:

You're the one who like to edit post then blame the others.
If you're joking, it's ok, I know to take a joke but if you're really serious...
then we're done with talk here.

Next time I'll take a quote. That seems like the only solutions for the ones like you. ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%