Legendary Developers MicroProse Are Back!

@Andy_J M1 Tank Platoon was the first game I remember feeling real frustration when my long-serving crew members died in battle! I've still never found a better tank game with the crew management and tactical battles - let me know if there is something close out there!

Does your wheel/pedal combo show as one device in windows? I am hoping to use an accuforce with g27 pedals but I´m not optimistic it´ll work...
I tried to assign my Clubsport V3 pedals combined with my T500 wheel, and it actually worked - one is controller A, the other controller B:
upload_2019-9-9_21-11-30.png

You just need to go to the "Not used" profiles when you click on "keyboard" under Controller Type:
upload_2019-9-9_21-13-41.png

BUT a caveat: mine didn't work as intended due to the V3 pedals being inverted. Now, all modern games cater for that by enabling to invert them - in fact, rFactor 2 did that automatically somehow. Grand Prix 4 had no way to invert them, I tried a lot of methods, i.e. X360, Joy2Pad etc., sadly to no avail.

But I sold them because I stopped league racing and the T3PA's are cheaper, and fortunately they work fine.

I tried to assign my Clubsport V3 pedals combined with my T500 wheel, and it actually worked - one is controller A, the other controller B:
View attachment 323840

You just need to go to the "Not used" profiles when you click on "keyboard" under Controller Type:
View attachment 323842

BUT a caveat: mine didn't work as intended due to the V3 pedals being inverted. Now, all modern games cater for that by enabling to invert them - in fact, rFactor 2 did that automatically somehow. Grand Prix 4 had no way to invert them, I tried a lot of methods, i.e. X360, Joy2Pad etc., sadly to no avail.

But I sold them because I stopped league racing and the T3PA's are cheaper, and fortunately they work fine.

Thanks a lot for your post! :)

@Andy_J M1 Tank Platoon was the first game I remember feeling real frustration when my long-serving crew members died in battle! I've still never found a better tank game with the crew management and tactical battles - let me know if there is something close out there!

I don't think there is one better than M1TP, but the one I still mess around with and love is Steel Fury Kharkov 1942. I really do like it. Once you have got the hang of it it's great with great atmosphere and sounds and physics.
steel-fury-34592.jpg
71OYaLJ5u0L._AC_SL1280_.jpg
710VA1tGdnL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Crammond will have to be part of this and want to do another motor racing simulation for this to really peak my absolute interest.
Nice to see the name back though.

• Deleted member 503495

The Grand Prix and Falcon series, plus GP500. If they are as dedicated to quality now as they were then, I may attempt other gaming genres until a potential return to motorsports.

Wow just Wow and another WOW!!! Had to check calendar that it wasn’t April Fools
Brings back so many great memories playing games created by a god named Geoff.

I remember microprose's logo, any box with it got my attention immediately. Printed manuals, including some lessons about flight or car physics (GP2's manual still is a masterpiece), these sims were from another time. Nowadays it seems they could be a direct competitor to the arma and dcs series, the racing simulation market being full of developpers. Good luck Microprose...

As I recall, Jacques Villeneuve utilized Grand Prix 2 in 1996 to familiarize himself with Spa, given its length and complexity, prior to taking pole at his first Belgian Grand Prix. That was a seminal moment that illustrated how racing sims could be of functional value to racers and would-be racers alike.

Holy crap this is good news i miss the detail in GP4 onbord data logging. Actual wear on the floor panel if you set your car to low and all the other good stuff. Spent hours just setting up the car for one ace. Do some laps come in check the data make some changes and repeat lol.
GOOD **** All round.

Interesting news. I guess time shall tell if Microprose gets back into doing racing games again. I also had GP2 and still have installed GP4 on my Windows 10 computer. I will keep watching the Race Dept news for any more info from Paul.
Visit Gp4forever, lots of mods, tracks, helmets, etc

Thanks Jorge! :)
I use a g27 successfully already, what I meant was that I have an Accuforce wheel to use with g27 pedals which may be seen as another USB device? Nice to see you here!
Thanks. :):)
I have not tested diferent wheel device and pedals like you described. :(
And whats worst is that much of the new wheels dont come my country or i have to pay up to 4 o 5 times the value of the product to get it where i live and thats not good.
Anyway more 2018 track updates are comming from me soon with the hopes to finish so i get started with the 2019 tracks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%