• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Legendary Developers MicroProse Are Back!

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +662
    @Andy_J M1 Tank Platoon was the first game I remember feeling real frustration when my long-serving crew members died in battle! I've still never found a better tank game with the crew management and tactical battles - let me know if there is something close out there!

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Caton XII

Caton XII

Ratings:
    +65
    Rhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOVELY !!! :inlove::geek::thumbsup:
    OMG, I began on Amiga 500 with the Lord Geoff C., such a pleasure.

I can't believe it... REALLY ! :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. north

north

Ratings:
    +46
    GimX can make your multiple peripherals (AF and HE for me) into one G27 as seen by the game. I haven't tested it on GP4 yet though.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. azaralamouri

azaralamouri

Ratings:
    +8
    2030?

5. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +809
    WOW THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!!! Yes I certainly remember them. Since F1 has been taken maybe they can give us a stand alone IMSA game?

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,595
    I tried to assign my Clubsport V3 pedals combined with my T500 wheel, and it actually worked - one is controller A, the other controller B:
    upload_2019-9-9_21-11-30.png

You just need to go to the "Not used" profiles when you click on "keyboard" under Controller Type:
    upload_2019-9-9_21-13-41.png

BUT a caveat: mine didn't work as intended due to the V3 pedals being inverted. Now, all modern games cater for that by enabling to invert them - in fact, rFactor 2 did that automatically somehow. Grand Prix 4 had no way to invert them, I tried a lot of methods, i.e. X360, Joy2Pad etc., sadly to no avail.

But I sold them because I stopped league racing and the T3PA's are cheaper, and fortunately they work fine.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +89
    Thanks a lot for your post! :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,602
    I don't think there is one better than M1TP, but the one I still mess around with and love is Steel Fury Kharkov 1942. I really do like it. Once you have got the hang of it it's great with great atmosphere and sounds and physics.
    steel-fury-34592.jpg 71OYaLJ5u0L._AC_SL1280_.jpg 710VA1tGdnL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +72
    I’ve spent countless hours playing GP4. So this one brings back very good memories.

• Beer Beer x 2
  10. F1Racer

F1Racer

Ratings:
    +2
    Crammond will have to be part of this and want to do another motor racing simulation for this to really peak my absolute interest.
    Nice to see the name back though.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GPL

GPL

Ratings:
    +63
    The Grand Prix and Falcon series, plus GP500. If they are as dedicated to quality now as they were then, I may attempt other gaming genres until a potential return to motorsports.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +145
    Wow just Wow and another WOW!!! Had to check calendar that it wasn’t April Fools
    Brings back so many great memories playing games created by a god named Geoff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. roadyroad

roadyroad

Ratings:
    +90
    I remember microprose's logo, any box with it got my attention immediately. Printed manuals, including some lessons about flight or car physics (GP2's manual still is a masterpiece), these sims were from another time. Nowadays it seems they could be a direct competitor to the arma and dcs series, the racing simulation market being full of developpers. Good luck Microprose...

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. John B. Ellis

John B. Ellis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    As I recall, Jacques Villeneuve utilized Grand Prix 2 in 1996 to familiarize himself with Spa, given its length and complexity, prior to taking pole at his first Belgian Grand Prix. That was a seminal moment that illustrated how racing sims could be of functional value to racers and would-be racers alike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton

Ratings:
    +4
    Holy crap this is good news i miss the detail in GP4 onbord data logging. Actual wear on the floor panel if you set your car to low and all the other good stuff. Spent hours just setting up the car for one ace. Do some laps come in check the data make some changes and repeat lol.
    GOOD **** All round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. airwick

airwick

Ratings:
    +8
    Visit Gp4forever, lots of mods, tracks, helmets, etc

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. airwick

airwick

Ratings:
    +8
    Its me Jcaranti and i have a Logitech G27. Yes it works for Gp4. Dont use the combine pedals settings.
    Cya at Gp4forever.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +89
    Thanks Jorge! :)
    I use a g27 successfully already, what I meant was that I have an Accuforce wheel to use with g27 pedals which may be seen as another USB device? Nice to see you here!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up! Premium

Ratings:
    +265
    Thanks a lot airwick. I didn´t know that site. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  20. airwick

airwick

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks. :):)
    I have not tested diferent wheel device and pedals like you described. :(
    And whats worst is that much of the new wheels dont come my country or i have to pay up to 4 o 5 times the value of the product to get it where i live and thats not good.
    Anyway more 2018 track updates are comming from me soon with the hopes to finish so i get started with the 2019 tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.