AMS2 Le Mans Series @ Silverstone - Thursday 30 December 2021

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
It definitely helps to keep a little brake on during the early and mid corner so that you can always get the back end back in order if it starts to go. You do loose some speed but it saves the car.

The open-cockpit LMP2 car is way lighter and more stable, so with less power has about equal performance and is a lot easier to drive. Though if it is just as fun... that's up for debate ;)
I'm much slower in the open-cockpit, but faster overall considering that I'm not losing 15-20s to recover from a spin :) I haven't raced with people for a while, so I think that my goal today is to keep it on track and pointing the way I want to go.

You don't need to purchase anything to join a multiplayer session. You do need to purchase the content to practice offline.
Hi Jason. I don't mean to be numb but I am still a little confused. You say I don't need to have the Silverstone track or the cars for this event in my sim in order to race this multiplayer event? Is the content of cars and track included some how when signing on to the online race

In order to practice offline I would need them anyway and practice would be essential so I would still need to purchase them? What am I missing here? Patience.....

Hi Jason. I don't mean to be numb but I am still a little confused. You say I don't need to have the Silverstone track or the cars for this event in my sim in order to race this multiplayer event? Is the content of cars and track included some how when signing on to the online race

In order to practice offline I would need them anyway and practice would be essential so I would still need to purchase them? What am I missing here? Patience.....
No problem. It is confusing. Reiza decided that they don't want DLC to be an impediment to online racing. So let's say you don't own Spa, for example, but you want to join a race online. You can still join it. However, you won't be able to do something offline like a race, test day, or time trial.

But I'm with you. I'd never think to join an organized race without practicing beforehand. The good news is that all the AMS2 DLC is on sale right now during the Steam Winter Sale. So, if you think you might want to get into it now's the time!

Sorry Bram, we had a contact. Didn't see you coming from behind, but I saw you dropped a few positions.
It's my first race with AMS2, really not used to it yet, so I decided to quit before I affected someone else's race.
Will be back for more, looks like fun.

Well, the DPi is just about undrivable after lap 2 or 3. I wonder if mediums or hards are the way to go. Also, was I the only one to have a fuel bug? I put in fuel for about half race, then the fuel gauge got stuck at 48.85 liters and I seemed to be able to go on forever, way past the scheduled stop.

Last edited:
Fantastic race. This is no PC2 clone. Why people bash AMS2 escapes me.

Holy Grenade - Well driven my friend.

Hard tyres didn't go off at all in the corvette.

@Bram Hengeveld we need AMS2 in SGP asap sir!

I vote Montreal in the multi class cars next week.

Last edited:
That was really fun! I'm sorry to whoever was in the DPi that tagged me at Loop. I tried to stay on a consistent line, but that turn always has me at the limit, so sorry if I was the problem there. When I see a blue flag going into Loop I just assume that the much faster car will pass me on the long straight. Sorry about that!

Whoever is ShoeLazers - that was excellent work through Maggots and Becketts to pass us near the end of the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back