AMS2 Le Mans Series @ Silverstone - Thursday 30 December 2021

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Got the wheel mapped it seems, but no ffb... :-/
UPDATE: funny because the FFB works in the menu, but not when driving.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the game puts a full tank of fuel in at the start of a fixed setup race?

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest Bram but I unfortunately had a health issue that I had to deal with earlier this week had to go to the hospital . Back home now but never got back to the site until tonight. Sim racing became low on the list. I will keep an eye on things for the future though.

Just to confirm ... I would have to purchase the track and Racin' USA Pack Pt1 to join ..... correct?

I'd love to join, but AMS2 doesn't recognize my Simucube wheel. In the assignments, when I steer the wheel, it's not picking up the joy axis. Any tips? I had set it up once, but through the updates, the config has been wiped I suppose...
Sucks.
Make sure before you do the calibrate part to assign steering to the wheel. Then after that you do the calibrate bit.. Also delete the existing settings in case there is some rogue left over value in there from previous builds.

Just needing clarification on a couple of points.

In fixed set up races, do we all start on full tanks, or do we have the ability to set starting amount?

Can we choose which compound to start on, or does the fixed set up determine this?

Sorry if this has been covered, but not done any online racing in AMS2.

@SwannyUK

Go here:

View attachment 528647

Then click on EDIT INFO:

View attachment 528648

EDIT: And for fuel/tyres, on the main screen click "edit setup" and then "Advanced Setup" Tyres are usually on "Automatic by Weather" but you can go crazy here, I think it works the same in multiplayer though I haven't tested any of that.

If it works the same as PC2, I seem to recall from Noobgamerz days that you can alter the tyre pressures and anti roll bars even if the setup is locked to default.

So I'm learning. If I have a little too much corner entry of if I overwhelm the tires at all I spin. If I get time before the race, I may try the other one. That seems to be the AI's preference as well :)

It definitely helps to keep a little brake on during the early and mid corner so that you can always get the back end back in order if it starts to go. You do loose some speed but it saves the car.

The open-cockpit LMP2 car is way lighter and more stable, so with less power has about equal performance and is a lot easier to drive. Though if it is just as fun... that's up for debate ;)

From very quick testing, if it fills the tank by default for the race, it's going to be marginal for the GTE Chev at least.

Maybe set the race to 30mins to be safe or open up the setups?

Last edited:
Would need open setup for that I think as I haven't been able to add fuel to the pit stop strat with locked. Just stays at 0.

Update - just found a setting to enable refueling so should be fine.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back