AMS2 Le Mans Series @ Silverstone - Thursday 30 December 2021

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
That was really fun! I'm sorry to whoever was in the DPi that tagged me at Loop. I tried to stay on a consistent line, but that turn always has me at the limit, so sorry if I was the problem there. When I see a blue flag going into Loop I just assume that the much faster car will pass me on the long straight. Sorry about that!

Whoever is ShoeLazers - that was excellent work through Maggots and Becketts to pass us near the end of the race.

Yo!
Not sure you're being sarcastic or not ? Sure it was a bold move and you guys were racing but I was also racing as I was inching closer to the leader. Sorry if I ruined it for you.

@Jan Larsen ; I started with softs and they seemed to work the entire stint for me, hard or mediums were'nt even an option for me(all I had was wet, soft and automatic weather dependent), my fuel gauge however also got stuck at 50L. Even at the start, I had filled up my car with 76L but still started with 50L and crossed the S/F with 50L...

Yo!
Not sure you're being sarcastic or not ? Sure it was a bold move and you guys were racing but I was also racing as I was inching closer to the leader. Sorry if I ruined it for you.

@Jan Larsen ; I started with softs and they seemed to work the entire stint for me, hard or mediums were'nt even an option for me(all I had was wet, soft and automatic weather dependent), my fuel gauge however also got stuck at 50L. Even at the start, I had filled up my car with 76L but still started with 50L and crossed the S/F with 50L...
No sarcasm at all! That was really sweet. You didn't ruin anything. I had hoped to get a run on the Porsche as he was slower than me through there, but I'm afraid that I got out-horsepowered.

That was really a lot of fun and so good to enjoy some clean respectful racing. Hats off to you all guys it made such a change that the fastest class cars didn't just barge through as so often happens. As another racer said on Discord, I never felt under pressure at any point despite the blue flags. Brilliant. :thumbsup:

Really fun racing guys! Had fun in the DPi, and found the driving excellent all round.

I think that would have been me Jason, there was certainly no issues with your driving. From my point of view your car was glitching in and out through that section and unfortunately you had reappeared just after I accelerated so had no time to avoid you.

Cheers all that was good fun. G-Slev was good battling with you. I managed to get AIB as well with 2 minutes to go then span it on the laspt lap lol.

Look forward to the next one!!

Did you run up my backside into Luffield at one point? You were right on me and then you vanished and I wasn't sure if I hit you or the kerb.

Did you run up my backside into Luffield at one point? You were right on me and then you vanished and I wasn't sure if I hit you or the kerb.
That corner was the bane of my existance today, span there twice lol. Don't remember running into the back of anyone though. We did have a bit of contact into brooklands, I went to go round the outside of you but we clipped each other and I had to run off to the right and recover.

Really fun racing guys! Had fun in the DPi, and found the driving excellent all round.

I think that would have been me Jason, there was certainly no issues with your driving. From my point of view your car was glitching in and out through that section and unfortunately you had reappeared just after I accelerated so had no time to avoid you.
Maybe we ran into the problem of me being in North America and the server being in the Netherlands. I'm hardwired into a 1 Gb network, but I did notice that everyone had either a yellow or red ping indicator.

Thanks for the reassurances. I tried my best to be consistent and it seemed like all your passes were super-clean. I don't have much experience with multi-class, but based on the video I just tried to drive my line and let you guys figure out how to get by. It seemed to work for the most part.

Great racing guys, thanks for hosting.

The the fuel didn't budge for me either so presume fuel usage was un-checked in the settings? Is this going to be a thing going forward?

I had time in hand to make a pit stop for softs as my mediums were screaming at me but couldn't select the pit stop option in the pit menu so decided to stay out.

Neither could I, that was pretty annoying.

like in raceroom, I always find it best to set the strategy in the setup screen. Whatever you do though, never select "automatic by weather" for the tyre choice. You'll invariably end up on the wrong tyres.

View attachment 528589

We are racing a multiclass SportsCar event at Silverstone with various cars: DPi, LMP2, & GTE in Automobilista 2.

Wether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and collective learning into our races for our premium members.

Don't be shy, sign up below and give us a try. The worst thing that can happen is that you might like it :)

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS
Server Password: lemans
Server Settings:
fixed setups, factory settings
Track: Silverstone
Cars: DPi, P2, GTE
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

Practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 CET (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC / 20:45 CET (45 minutes)

Entry List

DPi
  1. Damian Reed | live stream
  2. Casper de Wit
  3. Andrew Leach
  4. Herlev
  5. Jan Larsen
  6. Magnus Dahlgren
  7. wayphaxx
  8. Driver name
  9. Driver name
  10. Driver name