AC Le Mans Series | Friday Night Events with Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I did not realise that there was a separate tick box, which is by default ticked, in order to add penalties to races needs to be unticked. I assume this is because the penalties in AC are pretty badly done.

I've never needed to add them before as I've never had anyone abuse them and unless we can get an admin to commit to the races I guess I'll need too.
Gareth, first let me say thank you for putting on the Multi Class events. When I hosted them the stone age way at RD, ask around and you'll learn what I'm talking about;):D, in 2017 / 2018, they were usually our largest events. Second and please understand I'm not telling you what to do, the tracks I knew were pretty good with penalties, I would set penalties to 2 wheels out and on other tracks where it didn't work so well, I'd set it to 3 wheels out, but I only did penalties for quali and never the race because of the slowdown gas cut causes huge pile ups, especially with newer drivers. When we had just the RD members racing, the guys helped me by calling out someone, in a nice manner of course, on Teamspeak. When we had a habitual offender, I would contact them through a PM. Thirdly and finally, I'm glad you're reassessing the 100% damage. Multi Class races tend to be a little messier than a normal race, especially if you have guys that aren't used to racing each other. Back in the day, we kind of had a brotherhood and learned to dance together with the speed differences. Don't know if this will help you or not, but I hope it does.

Will there be another race at Lemons:roflmao: this Friday the 27th? I got a new axle aka hip and it's ready to go.

Cheers and thanks again for organizing.

Gareth, first let me say thank you for putting on the Multi Class events. When I hosted them the stone age way at RD, ask around and you'll learn what I'm talking about;):D, in 2017 / 2018, they were usually our largest events. Second and please understand I'm not telling you what to do, the tracks I knew were pretty good with penalties, I would set penalties to 2 wheels out and on other tracks where it didn't work so well, I'd set it to 3 wheels out, but I only did penalties for quali and never the race because of the slowdown gas cut causes huge pile ups, especially with newer drivers. When we had just the RD members racing, the guys helped me by calling out someone, in a nice manner of course, on Teamspeak. When we had a habitual offender, I would contact them through a PM. Thirdly and finally, I'm glad you're reassessing the 100% damage. Multi Class races tend to be a little messier than a normal race, especially if you have guys that aren't used to racing each other. Back in the day, we kind of had a brotherhood and learned to dance together with the speed differences. Don't know if this will help you or not, but I hope it does.

Will there be another race at Lemons:roflmao: this Friday the 27th? I got a new axle aka hip and it's ready to go.

Cheers and thanks again for organizing.
Yeah, I know that the AC penalties are pretty frustrating, we'll see how they go. If they are not liked by people we might have to reply on kicking people who cut repeatedly and ask people to snitch to me so I can check replays. The problem is that probably is only feasible if we can fill grids without keeping the events open.

I will do a test events at some point to see if we can do that as I said.

Yeah, I know that the AC penalties are pretty frustrating, we'll see how they go. If they are not liked by people we might have to reply on kicking people who cut repeatedly and ask people to snitch to me so I can check replays. The problem is that probably is only feasible if we can fill grids without keeping the events open.

I will do a test events at some point to see if we can do that as I said.
I can't think of any sport/hobby where the opposition doesn't/wouldn't report serial infringements. In Edvin's case, with 192 incidents to his name from one race, in the real world there'd be a long queue outside the stewards office. That said, I don't think snitchin' is a long term solution - unless everyone was watched, some 'offenders' would go under the radar...

As everyone has a safety/incident rating in their s.gp profile*, is it possible to use that to filter out the 'bad' drivers. Maybe starting high @ 20 incidents per race & increasing or lowering the threshold based on grid size or the number incidents from previous races... ?

*I believe there's an issue with the way s.gp calculates the average number of incidents - ACC events are included in the total number of races, however, the incidents from those races seem to be omitted from the total number.

ask people to snitch
It was never snitching. It was simply racing and if the guy you were racing kept going out and cutting at say Raidillon, you simply remind the driver. It usually kept things in check. I'd never let people start going through replays and calling people out or sending me messages...............not cool. Was just trying to help. I'll fall back in the weeds now;)

Now that I think about it, I don't think you guys require anyone to be in TS or Discord so my idea is a moot point.

Last edited:
I can't think of any sport/hobby where the opposition doesn't/wouldn't report serial infringements. In Edvin's case, with 192 incidents to his name from one race, in the real world there'd be a long queue outside the stewards office. That said, I don't think snitchin' is a long term solution - unless everyone was watched, some 'offenders' would go under the radar...

As everyone has a safety/incident rating in their s.gp profile*, is it possible to use that to filter out the 'bad' drivers. Maybe starting high @ 20 incidents per race & increasing or lowering the threshold based on grid size or the number incidents from previous races... ?

*I believe there's an issue with the way s.gp calculates the average number of incidents - ACC events are included in the total number of races, however, the incidents from those races seem to be omitted from the total number.
This would not be a solution due to the way incidents are and it's not an SGP issue it's a Kunos inconsistency. In AC almost everything is an incident, from the tiniest cut to skipping half the track and from the tiniest pump to causing "the big one" and in ACC an incident is anything that ACC gives an in game penalty for, so Speeding in the pits, or four track cuts that gain time.

I could use it as a way to decide who to look at in the replay, but it would lead mostly to nothing I'd guess and I'd still need someone to submit the replay if I wasn't there.

I also wouldn't be worried about people "going under the radar" if your doing enough to deserve a punishment there is a zero percent chance that you'd not get noticed because 99% of the reports that I would get would be people who absolutely don't deserve punishment, that's just the way of things :D

This would not be a solution due to the way incidents are and it's not an SGP issue
I completely understand. The tools have changed that are at your disposal now versus how I used to have to do it........me, myself and I:roflmao: Led to a lot of stress on my end when we had a "new guy" show up and say the heck with everyone and the rules, so, to keep it fair for my guys, I did what I did. Hope you have a lot of success running things. There's some great members here that will help you in just about any way they can.

Cheers

Also for your Premium guys who don't like the open lobby nature of these events I'm going to try to run a Premium Friday event alongside the Normal event at some point to test if we can get the grid filled. As much as it would improve racing I'm sure you'd all agree that a WEC event with 2 cars in each class isn't really worth it, which is why these events are open in the first place.

However we've got enough people for this that I will give it a try with a one off in the future when I can find time to set it up, possibly after this season but we'll see.

I am worried that as soon as we move away from WEC etc it will dry up, but as long as we still run the open events it shouldn't matter too much if the Premium events die out a bit and I can always then move them back to WEC etc later.

Also for your Premium guys who don't like the open lobby nature of these events I'm going to try to run a Premium Friday event alongside the Normal event at some point to test if we can get the grid filled. As much as it would improve racing I'm sure you'd all agree that a WEC event with 2 cars in each class isn't really worth it, which is why these events are open in the first place.

However we've got enough people for this that I will give it a try with a one off in the future when I can find time to set it up, possibly after this season but we'll see.

I am worried that as soon as we move away from WEC etc it will dry up, but as long as we still run the open events it shouldn't matter too much if the Premium events die out a bit and I can always then move them back to WEC etc later.
If you do that, I have a bunch of old Multi Class posts you can find in the staff section. Some are listed under the EU banner and others under the US one. I was trying to attract as many members as I could. I think I ran them on Saturday's so you can look there.

The problem is that probably is only feasible if we can fill grids without keeping the events open.

I wanted to sign up for more then one event but most filled up extremely quickly without a chance to sign up in the first place, so perhaps more premium members have that issue?

I have to say that there's a lot more post race discussion when running with premium members, the race that I joined had only me on Discord that day which made it a bit lonely.

My perspective, for what it's worth. Loved the race that I did manage to join!

I always waited until the day of the event and luckily got a slot as someone pulled out but get your frustration. Especially as the number of no shows could potentially be high.

In terms of discord chat is this the voice channel?

Bahrain is a tough track to be consistent in the LMP1, anyone else find the same?
Also what happened all the numbers, expecting 30+ and think we got 11. such a shame.
Congrats on the top 3!

Bahrain is a tough track to be consistent in the LMP1, anyone else find the same?
Also what happened all the numbers, expecting 30+ and think we got 11. such a shame.
Congrats on the top 3!
ON the track combo, yes totally it's really tough. On the no shows that is TERRIBLE numbers :O I'm going to have to start up a black list for people who no show too often :(

Last time I signed there was only 2 places left. At race race day we raced with 13 cars so there was 9 no shows... WHAT!? Why to sign in if you are not planning to participate?? That's what is all about.. to get decent racing with full servers and see how many players are going to race before race day.
That's ridiculous to sign up right away when event shows up and not to show up on race day.. Of course there will be some force major situations always but you can sign out to give that space to someone who's really going to race these events.
I think this could be problem only with this "open event" because at club race events guys normally write on forum if they can't race.. And someone else could take their place.

So example if there is guy who sign up every event and don't show without any excuses I think it's fair to kick out or block from future events so some other racers can take their place.

It's a common issue unfortunately. Usually tho some people sign out in the last hour before events incase your ever stuck.
Friday is my last Friday event for a while! Really have enjoyed the multiclass racing in these series and some seriously quick guys

1631901893655.png

server won't start

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back