AC Le Mans Series | Friday Night Events with Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the info, I tried to join the server and could not find it. Is the server open prior to the race?
Is 'ideal racing line' allowed or forced off during the race?
If it is off, I'll need to id my brake points otherwise.
No practice server prior to the launch of the server friday. And you can use racing line. I've used it in a few races.

Well I did finish the race but don't ask me how because the driving I saw last night by a few is truly the worst I have seen in my 12 years of being a member of RD :( (Incident report has been sent) And that is of the people that actually showed up.
Of the 30 entries only about half had the decency to show up which was a disappointing start to the evening and it ended up going downhill from there.
These "open" races might have been a good idea to get the grid fuller (at least on paper) But the driving standards of some of the people seems to drop substantially and the comparison with open lobby races is clear to see, the question must be does Race Department really want that? My answer to that, and I assume that of most premium members would be a heartfelt NO!
I believe it might be time to say goodbye, for good, to the repeat offenders in these races and then making them open only premium members as is the case with almost all other series run here on RD.
As already mentioned in my incident report, if this series stays the way it is, open and with repeat offenders just not taken care of, this will have been my 1st and only time I entered one of these events. I'm sure this won't rock anybody's world and as a statement it isn't much but it's all I can do... :(

86 of those drivers, however, never turned up to any of the scheduled races.
I wonder how many races these people have sign up for, if it's one then sure give them another chance but if it's 2, 3 and especially any more than that then they should just be blacklisted.
I feel it'd be better if this was run every other week instead so that more time could be put into making each race better, quality > quantity sure.

This was my first race back to RD in quite a while. I prefer league racing, then you get to know the drivers better. Generally then you have a different level of drivers.
I had a few bumps, mostly during practice & quali. During the race I prefer to get away and not do door handle racing. I think a lot of drivers don't really practice much till race time, ergo, more bumps and bangs.

Yep league racing will always be cleaner and nicer than open races, we will be trying to run some premium only test events soon which also wont be as quality as a proper league, but should be much cleaner than this series for those who want that.

As I've seen a few people mention not being able to find the server I also want to make how SGP events work clear.

At the time the event starts on SGP the server will be booted, but it will take a little bit of time to go live, so if the event isn't up immediately that is most likely why. Also Kunos' server browser's caching is pretty stubborn so if you've loaded the browser before the server is up you will likely need to restart your client to see the server when it dose come up.

Hope this helps a few of you. Also the overall leader board is starting to get a bit cluttered and meaningless at this point so the Le Man race in a few weeks will be the last race of this series and then we will restart anew with fresh points!

One thing I don't understand ..... I'm following guys who are running off the track and continue on in front of me. I clip a curb barely off somewhere and it says to slow down for 3 seconds, I didn't do it and I got disqualified.
How are these guys that continually run off the track staying in the race, they are not slowing down!

One thing I don't understand ..... I'm following guys who are running off the track and continue on in front of me. I clip a curb barely off somewhere and it says to slow down for 3 seconds, I didn't do it and I got disqualified.
How are these guys that continually run off the track staying in the race, they are not slowing down!
You don't have to slow down immediately, only before the end of the lap.
Just lift of the throttle when going into a breaking zone and it will only cost you a few tenths at the most

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back