Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
äh, the last few posts of this thread explicitly talked about this track using new CSP and Sol features, even demonstrated in a video in one of the last posts. What makes you think it might not be?

In CM there is no vertex AO files for this track and I was under the impression that it needed these to make use of all the effects that CSP has to offer. I asked the question over there and that is the response I got.

In CM there is no vertex AO files for this track and I was under the impression that it needed these to make use of all the effects that CSP has to offer. I asked the question over there and that is the response I got.
vao (prebaked shadows) is only usefull for older or bad mod tracks, this track is made well and does not need this to make it better

I may do the vao bake, if it improves anything, but, with the dynamic 3d grass covering most terrain sections that are up close, I'm not seeing a real benefit, but worth the investigation.

I may do the vao bake, if it improves anything, but, with the dynamic 3d grass covering most terrain sections that are up close, I'm not seeing a real benefit, but worth the investigation.
It's most handy imo for repeated objects which you can't really do a traditional AO bake for, thus trees, walls, buildings

Hi,
Not sure if on purpose, but the Winter version will miss grass (w/ grass fx enabled) near the track, where without (grass fx) these are places where regular "2D" dry grass was placed.

Near the starting line to the left some tufts exist, but it's very low and sparse.

I believe it's caused by missing a less restrictive MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD or similar that allows it to show on those non green parts, so it'll require a separate config file for the winter version, to prevent it to show where it shouldn't in summer. This can be done with an extra kyalami_2016\winter\extension\ext_config.ini

Last edited:
Hi,
Not sure if on purpose, but the Winter version will miss grass (w/ grass fx enabled) near the track, where without (grass fx) these are places where regular "2D" dry grass was placed.

Near the starting line to the left some tufts exist, but it's very low and sparse.

I believe it's caused by missing a less restrictive MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD or similar that allows it to show on those non green parts, so it'll require a separate ini file for the winter version, to prevent it to show where it shouldn't in summer. Unfortunately I know no way to do it for multiple ini files under trackfolder\ext_config.ini files. trackname_layout.ini should work when under extension\config\tracks(\loaded) .
will check it out!

will check it out!
Sorry, updated the post above before you posted with a better solution. Forgot to save in time. :\

edit: Not so important, on the deleted part of the message you've quoted, "trackname__layout.ini" (double underscore) would be correct way instead when outside track folder. But anyway, using a separate kyalami_2016\winter\extension\ext_config.ini works fine:
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_330_p4_kyalami_2016_14-2-120-3-29-6.jpg

Last edited:
Grid & Pitincrease to 36

Sorry, if already asked, but we would like to host a league race at this wonderful track. Incl. Commentators and stewards we need 36 starting psotitions and pits minimum.
Usually i do this myself via 3Dsimed, but here i cannot open the timing.KN5 probably. It wont show me the objects for Pit and Gridplaces. So nothing for me to copy.

Any idea how i could fix this? Or is there already a version with more positions? Or are you able to create one?

Thank you

Grid & Pitincrease to 36

Sorry, if already asked, but we would like to host a league race at this wonderful track. Incl. Commentators and stewards we need 36 starting psotitions and pits minimum.
Usually i do this myself via 3Dsimed, but here i cannot open the timing.KN5 probably. It wont show me the objects for Pit and Gridplaces. So nothing for me to copy.

Any idea how i could fix this? Or is there already a version with more positions? Or are you able to create one?

Thank you

Ive made a 40 pit timing for other leagues. Will PM you.

We were trying to install this beautifull track on our rented AC server but it keeps crashing when we try to connect.
The track works fine in single player for all of us.
Does somebody know how to install this track to a server?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.