Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi I downloaded the file and unzipped it into the Assetta corsa -content-tracks.Its lying there but in the game the tracks is there summer and winter but if i select the tracks its loading and then it kicks out to select track again .don't want to open track
I you can give me a detailed installation step by step rundown I should get it fix.Thanks again for your effort

Last edited:
Read the installation instructions please.

@Pieterg17

How can you review the track when you haven't even driven it?

AqJnbve.jpg

zpYemtM.jpg

Just to say thanks again for this track guys, had a GT2 race tonight with great fun had by all.

I did find a 'hole' in there though (not detracting from the fantastic work!) - end of main straight, a tiny bit of off-track tarmac on the left just before 1st corner.... drive up to the board ahead of you, car flips and goes back to pits.

Awesome track, thanks for all your hard work :)

Hi Dale,

Yes, just about - I was pulling over, same line as your pic, just about to stop before the sign when it happened, almost touching the sign. At work now but will try and find it again later.

Hope that helps :)

Could somebody please assist me? I cannot seem to get the track to work, I have it installed and everything but when I select the track in-game it starts the car and track load screen and then when it tries to load the track it just takes me back to the selection page. wondering if i have done something wrong or simply missing something.
Thanks.

Could somebody please assist me? I cannot seem to get the track to work, I have it installed and everything but when I select the track in-game it starts the car and track load screen and then when it tries to load the track it just takes me back to the selection page. wondering if i have done something wrong or simply missing something.
Thanks.

Annotation 2019-12-06 082534.png

You didn't install the extra shader required. Follow the folder structure correctly and you should be good to go!

Any way you could give me some tips on installing the shader, I don't totally understand the whole "install the 5 files in [extras/SDK_Shaders] in their respective folders." I have the shader downloaded, just not sure how to install this one lol
Should be straightforward, match the folders from the downloaded file to the folders in your AC install.

Shaders reside in the system folder

@SavageRabbit If you've already uncompressed anything to the wrong folders, you might start fresh. On assettocorsa\content\tracks delete any kyalami_2016 folder if present.
Then, open the latest kyalami_2016.7z with your preferred 7z or winrar program. Double click/open the kyalami_2016 folder inside it, and then you'll see two folders inside: "content" and "system". Drag both to your assettocorsa root, so it overwrites the already present "content" and system "folders". By doing, both track and Stereo's extra shader will fall into place.

Just my 2cents: the original kyalami_2016.7z could have content + system right on it's root, instead of under kyalami_2016\ to avoid distracted users decompressing it directly to content\tracks, as it can look like a main track folder name (before one takes care to navigate inside it).

Also, that image above could be confusing, as the current track package doesn't include anymore the (unneeded) sdk shader files, and the system folder already includes the required "PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map" for it to work, so no need prescribe it as a separate download for non csp/cm users.
Anyway, I guess after the 1.0 release, the main page instructions will be updated according to that package.

Last edited:
@SavageRabbit If you've already uncompressed anything to the wrong folders, you might start fresh. On assettocorsa\content\tracks delete any kyalami_2016 folder if present.
Then, open the latest kyalami_2016.7z with your preferred 7z or winrar program. Double click/open the kyalami_2016 folder inside it, and then you'll see two folders inside: "content" and "system". Drag both to your assettocorsa root, so it overwrites the already present "content" and system "folders". By doing, both track and Stereo's extra shader will fall into place.

Just my 2cents: the original kyalami_2016.7z could have content + system right on it's root, instead of under kyalami_2016\ to avoid distracted users decompressing it directly to content\tracks, as it can look like a main track folder name (before one takes care to navigate inside it).

Also, that image above could be confusing, as the current track package doesn't include anymore the (unneeded) sdk shader files, and the system folder already includes the required "PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map" for it to work, so no need prescribe it as a separate download for non csp/cm users.
Anyway, I guess after the 1.0 release, the main page instructions will be updated according to that package.
Thanks a mil, this really helped a lot!

VERSION 0.9 STATUS UPDATE

Ive been getting telemetry and driver feedback from some of the teams that took part in the Kyalami 9 hour event last month.

Happy to report that feedback is resoundingly good, with information being relayed that the track layout, cambers, elevations, general feel of the surface and kerbs are pretty close to perfect.

In fact the only tweaks are single percentage numbers of the heights of some kerbs, which translates to some kerbs being 20mm too high in places, as well as some other very minor details.

So enjoy that fact that what you guys are driving in your sim rigs is accurate.

Example of the kind of notes Ive been given.

fIrBC3Q.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

I have also been working on the third selectable option - a recreation of the 9 hour event.

zXkL0xS.jpg

Im making good progress on it, and it should be ready in the next week or two.

hiATOC7.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some work in progress screenhots:

vhsWGZh.jpg

Aw0Uls5.jpg

This update will include @Stereo 's excellent st flow shader, which animates the TV screens.

If you dont have it, and you have a moment, maybe install it when you get a chance.
I will however, include it in the download.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/

one awesome and very unrealistic is more lights, not sure if the 9 hour version will have more lights, running a formula car at night looks brilliant but they have no lights

@sparke, can I suggest you watch this.

Then,jump forward at least 6 hours pal. No, there are NO LIGHTS at Kyalami, just like the SIM version.. It's identical. Don't drop comments about it being unrealistic please! Do your research first.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back