Kvyat Suggests Removing F1 Practice: Do You Agree?

Coming from the Torpedo, the suggestion is meaningless. SKY Sports commentators had a better idea on the limiting number of channels available for data logging during practice and forcing the driver to be the means of communication to engineers. I think that would be a better way to shake up competition.

Do not watch Practice any way. Its just teams getting Data on car. If the teams make the right decisions the car will go from slow to faster through the sessions.
All that matters is the pace for qualifying going into the race.
But the less experienced drivers, or drivers with cars behind on airo will need it more.

I am not shore if the practice sessions are mandatory to all drivers or if its for whoever needs it.

Friday practice should be scrapped and it should be open testing. The allowed test schedule for F1 is ridiculous. Put some of that huge profits F1 makes back into the smaller teams to allow them to advance instead of bottom feeding year after year while we watch the same 3 cars on the podium race after race.

they need to bring back refuelling (they spend the 90% of the race saving fuel and tyres and not pushing), reduce the size of pianos (some of them are bigger than the track) or make'em old style and more "bumpy", remove drs (it gives greater advantage to the most powerful cars, so it makes everything even more unfair), remove VSC (keeping distance is boring, better pack the cars all together again and relaunch), and bring some parity because it looks like watching LMP1 vs LMP2 races...

F1 will never again be like it was in the seventies where you never knew what the teams would show up with...in 77' and 79' at Long Beach I remember hearing at least 5 completely different engine tones (Ferrari flat 12, Renault v6 turbo, v8 Cosworths, Matra's, Alfa Romeo v12). Not only did the cars sound different from each other but they looked different, the Ferraris had a little wing that was forward of the rear almost right over the rear tires, the Lotus 78's had skirts in 77' which drug on the track, and the Matras had no front wing, not to mention the 6 wheeled Tyrrells? Formula one was so interesting back then (I'm dating myself).
I'm afraid those days are gone, unless someone comes up with a new formula?:cry::cry::(

Last edited:
Yeah but can simulator put sand on track and tailwind like it was in Baku, creating EXACT conditions as in real life on that day?
Yes.

Only thing that a simulator has issues nowadays is simulating a tire properly. The rest is pretty much 1:1 to real life.
And tire data can be estimated from previous tracks and conditions, so not a big issue.

Yes.

Only thing that a simulator has issues nowadays is simulating a tire properly. The rest is pretty much 1:1 to real life.
And tire data can be estimated from previous tracks and conditions, so not a big issue.
Sim never was and probably never will be 1:1 to real life. It would mean measuring surface grip on entire track, monitoring wind parameters etc. Also it would mean death penalty if you crash your virtual car hard enough :D
Hell, why not move the entire F1 season to iRacing then?

Sim never was and probably never will be 1:1 to real life. It would mean measuring surface grip on entire track, monitoring wind parameters etc. Also it would mean death penalty if you crash your virtual car hard enough :D
Pretty much isn't IS. Never said about commercial sims, not even driver in the loop I was referring myself to.

What I say is, even though track testing is indeed better for understanding the car, it is much more expensive and simulators can already provide what a friday session does to a great level of correlation.

• Deleted member 744306

of course i don't wanna see someone die, but the race without this bar more that 40 years,i know accidents happens and people die but it's happen on all sport even in WWE people die, on wrc too,and there cars are safe that a f1
I know. But the cars are even faster since we've got the halo. Cars look good anyway, but it would be better to have an Indycar-style cockpit protection. Also I think that it's only for the Dallara Indycars... safety goes first. Talking about WRC... did you saw Thierry Neuville's crash last week? That was pretty scary! Even Krisdix talks about that! If you wonder what happens when you crash hard in F1 2018 then watch this:

I know. But the cars are even faster since we've got the halo. Cars look good anyway, but it would be better to have an Indycar-style cockpit protection. Also I think that it's only for the Dallara Indycars... safety goes first. Talking about WRC... did you saw Thierry Neuville's crash last week? That was pretty scary! Even Krisdix talks about that! If you wonder what happens when you crash hard in F1 2018 then watch this:
this is game not real

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back