Kvyat Suggests Removing F1 Practice: Do You Agree?

I agree. No practice, and no qualifying either. They all show up on Sunday and the grid positions are inherited from the last race. 2 warm up laps and off you go lads! Love it.

Absolutely not!
The fans are paying customers, and knowing F1 and it's broadcasting partners, we will likely still be charged the same amount to go to races and watch them on tv despite receiving less on track action.

If they want to remove Friday practice, either reduce tickets prices and subscription service prices by 33%, or have an additional race on Saturday afternoon after qualification.

Eitherway, this whole thing is stupid. The current format works and as is becoming disturbingly common, people are suggesting "fixes" for things that aren't broken, rather than looking for solutions to the real problems in F1 (prize money distribution, dirty air, DRS, cost control, etc.)

Last edited:
Sorry Daniil Kvyat but Practice isn't just for you and the Teams , its actually for the Paying fans to enjoy, with very little viewing of the F1's as it is , Taking away practice is a bad suggestion in my view, However bringing back the Thursday practice will be a good move. Save your money through vehicle and or team sacrifice and not the Fans viewing time.

Last edited:
"Every driver is different. Someone needs maybe five hours. But not me."
Coming from a guy breaks cars on the wall almost every weekend ... that's a joke!

I'd rather see them give 2 more 90min free practice sessions to the lower paced teams on Thursdays, and keep the faster teams sessions as is. This could be based off of a set lap-time, similar to the cut off lap-time, and designated by race control. To obtain a time, a compulsory 30min session with only one car from each team (determined by race control) would be run on Thursday morning, the practice cut-off lap-time would be decided from that session.
Teams below that lap-time are granted the 2 extra sessions, this would give them a greater chance to develop & test new parts and refine setups and race strategies and hopefully see more competitive lap-times and ideally.....more exciting races.

Last edited:
I think they should make it compulsory to run the reserve driver in practice - it is crazy that they could be called up to race, but may have little or no track knowledge. It would give third drivers more exposure and experience, plus it would limit track time for the race drivers, thus putting them under more pressure to perform.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back