kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

I just tried to will make a race (29 laps) in melbourne but I noticed a strange thing, the end came 10 cars (essentially withdrew 14 cars) and I find this rather strange.
I state that I have version 2.1 of the mod but I think the aggressive braking is still quite a bit 'high so much so that the AI cars will collide to throw themselves out of each other, especially if you have installed the mod that increases damage and the value is set as the maximum value (ie 1.9).

I just tried to will make a race (29 laps) in melbourne but I noticed a strange thing, the end came 10 cars (essentially withdrew 14 cars) and I find this rather strange.
I state that I have version 2.1 of the mod but I think the aggressive braking is still quite a bit 'high so much so that the AI cars will collide to throw themselves out of each other, especially if you have installed the mod that increases damage and the value is set as the maximum value (ie 1.9).

I'm going to address this into the next version. I will FORCE them to be careful at the breaking zone! :D

OK.
for now I am thinking of using the value 1.3 for the damage and hope the situation will improve.
anyway I'll give you two tips:
1) I do not know if you use a mod that increases the damage but I advise you to use this ( http://www.2shared.com/file/bXFnFuPh/Realistic_Damage.html ) and in particular I suggest you develop your mod using the value 1.9 for the damage that is more realistic. if you can, despite the value 1.9, to make the AI ​​more careful when braking without losing the aggression which has obviously now with version 2.1 then I think that you have created the definitive mod.

2) I noticed that the AI cars when they go too slow (eg in a matter before the tour started) activate the DRS and I find this completely unrealistic. if not, if you can still be wonderful if I could delete this and then make the DRS activated ONLY when the AI ​​actually tries to make time.

OK.
for now I am thinking of using the value 1.3 for the damage and hope the situation will improve.
anyway I'll give you two tips:
1) I do not know if you use a mod that increases the damage but I advise you to use this ( http://www.2shared.com/file/bXFnFuPh/Realistic_Damage.html ) and in particular I suggest you develop your mod using the value 1.9 for the damage that is more realistic. if you can, despite the value 1.9, to make the AI ​​more careful when braking without losing the aggression which has obviously now with version 2.1 then I think that you have created the definitive mod.

2) I noticed that the AI cars when they go too slow (eg in a matter before the tour started) activate the DRS and I find this completely unrealistic. if not, if you can still be wonderful if I could delete this and then make the DRS activated ONLY when the AI ​​actually tries to make time.

For the 2nd one I can tell you that the DRS for the AI's is very simply putted. They just set a value for example "If the next corner is in more than 200 meters away, use DRS" and that's it. Nothing else.. I can't remove it.

As for 1), I never use dmg modifiers, to be honest I don't know why.. I just don't. But I'll make them careful, don't worry.. I'm testing now a few more tracks and I'll release the next version soon.

If you or anyone else sees anything unusual especially cars going off the track and such things - please inform me.

For the 2nd one I can tell you that the DRS for the AI's is very simply putted. They just set a value for example "If the next corner is in more than 200 meters away, use DRS" and that's it. Nothing else.. I can't remove it.

I understand.

As for 1), I never use dmg modifiers, to be honest I don't know why.. I just don't. But I'll make them careful, don't worry.. I'm testing now a few more tracks and I'll release the next version soon.

test with the mod that I linked earlier, you'll see that everything will be more realistic and your mod will acquire realism dramatically.

If you or anyone else sees anything unusual especially cars going off the track and such things - please inform me.

sure, do not worry.

• Deleted member 22120

Did you make changes to the database file?

a question. I had version 2.1 of your mod, now I downloaded version 2.2 and I have overwritten the files and folders. is corrected as the installation procedure?

Hi kristiannn,

Today I accidentally opened racedepartment just to find that not 1 but 2 new AI mods are available :D
To the point.
Just done 2, 50% races in India, first with your 2.2 mod and second with ACE's 1.2 mod.
I must say, I AM IMPRESSED! From both mods, especially if you haven't work together on them.

Some feedback:

I must say the speed of your mod is amazing. However, I've encountered some problems. I know you've decreased the aggressiveness in the latest version but AI cars still rammed me several times in the back coming down from the back straight, losing their entire front wings. They just weren't aware that I am going to stop earlier because I was on heavily worn primes and kept strictly behind me instead of trying to overtake. The problem wasn't the overtaking itself, but the fact that AI was braking exactly where it should have without my presence. That happened only after the back straight and once in the heavy braking zone coming down to turn 15. I think the problem is not that they brake too late, its their awareness of the car in front (I have no idea if I am right, just trying to help you). Only tested in India though.

Race 1 @kristiannn mod 2.2: New Delhi, 6th starting position, 5th final result, 2 SCs, 8 retirements.
Race 2 @Ace's 1.2 mod: New Delhi, 6th starting position, 7th final result, No SC, 2 retirements.

Default setup and tyre strategy used.

If I were to compare the two mods I would say that Kristiannn mod 2.2 represents the drivers in their youths as funny as that might seem :D It's like they are very aggressive and are lightning fast (at least in the dry). In Ace's 1.2 mod, the drivers are more "mature", doing less mistakes, slightly slower (very slightly but this could be due to their less aggressive nature of mid 40's :D). If you could just correct the awareness it would be spot on, both as pace and aggressiveness. I am sure even the best drivers will have hard time beating the AI even in a top car. Keep up the good work!

P.S Both races were in GP mode, Lewis Hamilton driver, Legend, no other mods, clean install of the game.
Hopefully I will post some more race results tomorrow with one of the lower teams and a different circuit.

"Due to the faster AI's a little change to the out of sight bug too."​
Kristiannn, what do you mean by this?​
Havent had a chance to test yet but has qualifying been fixed by any chance?​

Hi kristiannn,

Today I accidentally opened racedepartment just to find that not 1 but 2 new AI mods are available :D
To the point.
Just done 2, 50% races in India, first with your 2.2 mod and second with ACE's 1.2 mod.
I must say, I AM IMPRESSED! From both mods, especially if you haven't work together on them.

Some feedback:

I must say the speed of your mod is amazing. However, I've encountered some problems. I know you've decreased the aggressiveness in the latest version but AI cars still rammed me several times in the back coming down from the back straight, losing their entire front wings. They just weren't aware that I am going to stop earlier because I was on heavily worn primes and kept strictly behind me instead of trying to overtake. The problem wasn't the overtaking itself, but the fact that AI was braking exactly where it should have without my presence. That happened only after the back straight and once in the heavy braking zone coming down to turn 15. I think the problem is not that they brake too late, its their awareness of the car in front (I have no idea if I am right, just trying to help you). Only tested in India though.

Race 1 @kristiannn mod 2.2: New Delhi, 6th starting position, 5th final result, 2 SCs, 8 retirements.
Race 2 @Ace's 1.2 mod: New Delhi, 6th starting position, 7th final result, No SC, 2 retirements.

Default setup and tyre strategy used.

If I were to compare the two mods I would say that Kristiannn mod 2.2 represents the drivers in their youths as funny as that might seem :D It's like they are very aggressive and are lightning fast (at least in the dry). In Ace's 1.2 mod, the drivers are more "mature", doing less mistakes, slightly slower (very slightly but this could be due to their less aggressive nature of mid 40's :D). If you could just correct the awareness it would be spot on, both as pace and aggressiveness. I am sure even the best drivers will have hard time beating the AI even in a top car. Keep up the good work!

P.S Both races were in GP mode, Lewis Hamilton driver, Legend, no other mods, clean install of the game.
Hopefully I will post some more race results tomorrow with one of the lower teams and a different circuit.

WTF!! AGAIN???? :mad: This thing really gets on my nervs! I'll check again but I've made them a LOT more careful. 2 seconds before it's time to break - I force them to stop accelerating just not to hit any cars. Aggressiveness is decreased a LOT. It's almost like in V1.0. I have to check again.... I simply don't understand... I made everything right and this time they weren't touching. At least on my test... 8 retirements? From crashes? :/ I'm really getting frustrated. When I get home, I'll do one hell of a tests and see how things go out. I'll do my best.. Please be patient. As for the different circuit, try Suzuka. They're incredibly fast there. At least for me.. :D

"Due to the faster AI's a little change to the out of sight bug too."​
Kristiannn, what do you mean by this?​
Havent had a chance to test yet but has qualifying been fixed by any chance?​

Well, if you've noticed we all say we have out of sight bug FIXED (Me, Ace, the guy from CM's forum). We don't literally fix it. It's impossible. We just lower it and make it around the 0 seconds to the in sight. It's a combined number for a lot of tracks so on some tracks they're slower out of sight, on some faster. It's just that the difference is just 0.3 / 0.5 and etc. It's not noticeable. It's not like in Patch 1.2 where it was from 1.12 to 1.08 in/out of sight. This was an insane difference. As for completely removing it, it's just not possible. The game is coded like this, even if we remove the number that is regulating it, it automatically sets it's self to 1.0 (maximum value).

in my mod, at least under dry conditions, out of sight bug is .1 seconds MAX. In wet some tracks have up to .3-.4 seconds.
It's single corners that trigger the out of sight bug, that's why I don't think that your fix in the ai-handling is ideal.

I think the kristiannn's mod is pretty much perfect. i would fix the only thing is, as we have already said, the focus of AI on the brakes to avoid colliding with other cars after the race and have a huge number of withdrawals.

in regards to editing the database. I want to change some teams and their tiers. Should i make a copy of database.bin then edit it then copy it back to the database folder or can i edit it and overwrite the original that came with the mod? Im just trying to get realistic quali results which aint happening at the moment.

in my mod, at least under dry conditions, out of sight bug is .1 seconds MAX. In wet some tracks have up to .3-.4 seconds.
It's single corners that trigger the out of sight bug, that's why I don't think that your fix in the ai-handling is ideal.

that good, my issue is qualifying results. they tend to be all over the place regardless of tiers in some cases. Whats your one like?

I know it's not ideal but I like it more than the rmCurvatureMultiplier. It's a lot easier to use and doesn't open room for bugs like flying cars off the track and etc. Everyone has his opinion anyways so .. I respect you as a modder, you've made awesome AI mods but I just don't like rmCurvatureMultiplier. :) Personal opinion.

that good, my issue is qualifying results. they tend to be all over the place regardless of tiers in some cases. Whats your one like?

RowingAce gave you the answer. It's nothing I can do about it. Or at least I don't know how to fix it. Maybe another modder can give me some suggestions but nothing comes to my mind.

in regards to editing the database. I want to change some teams and their tiers. Should i make a copy of database.bin then edit it then copy it back to the database folder or can i edit it and overwrite the original that came with the mod? Im just trying to get realistic quali results which aint happening at the moment.

Just overwrite it. But edit my database, not the original one. :) And please, do NOT share anything mine that you've edited without asking me. :)

I think the kristiannn's mod is pretty much perfect. i would fix the only thing is, as we have already said, the focus of AI on the brakes to avoid colliding with other cars after the race and have a huge number of withdrawals.

I'm gonna try again. On my tests they didn't hit each other but... I'll test again, change a few things and release another version.

If ANYONE sees cars flying off the track, or breaking late/early or cornering too slow or too fast that they go off the racing line and lose time PLEASE inform me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back